Long Game 51: A Traitor in the Obligators

Straw

2 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

Haha thanks, Aman! I played MR31 as my first game back and am a lot busier now than before, so this is only my second game back but I pop on the forums here and there. 

I'm sad I didn't make it into that one but no worries! I've been very busy lately (and by lately, I mean the last year), so I get it. Either way, I'm glad you're able to communicate with us all again. You've been missed!

18 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

Wait, did we all forget to tell Aman?
Sorry.
I'm kinda highly surprised we all forgot.

Hah, it's okay. Kind of my fault for being so off the radar. I'll try to do better.

Edited by Amanuensis

16 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm sad I didn't make it into that one but no worries! I've been very busy lately (and by lately, I mean the last year), so I get it. Either way, I'm glad you're able to communicate with us all again. You've been missed!

Thanks man! It’s good to see a familiar face! (Or username I guess). Lots of new players in the last couple years!

3 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Cool. If I've got someone to play off of, it makes doing some RP easier, and I do miss it.  Remart's a nice grouchy person to RP too, very cathartic.

Absolutely. I remember MR30/AN2 being one of my favourite SE RPs, simply because we had like four RPers playing off each other.

I think I'll rejoin the Shard for this one.

I'll maybe be Nedran, a guy who likes dirt. And also is an obligator. He tries to keep the two from ever interfering, but now that dirt has been dug up on people, he's having trouble distinguishing between figure of speech and literal physical attacks done to dirt.

Some minor RP before we start!

Remart scratched his head. He’d never gone bald before, and he wasn’t sure it agreed with him. Of course, that might be the fake tattoos. He’d been guaranteed they would last for the month he expected this job would take, and that they would be indistinguishable from real tattoos. 

They hadn’t mentioned the itching. 

He stepped out of the carriage, avoiding the desire to scratch at his head again. His wooden leg thumped as he climbed down, a replacement for this job to reduce suspicion. Hopefully, he’d been correctly informed that the sheath of thin silvery metal around the outside of his bendalloy metalmind inside the leg would hide its presence from an Inquisitor if needed. The mere presence of a metalmind would be enough to get him killed, but he relied on it too much now to give it up. Not needing to eat for months had saved him in previous jobs, and while it shouldn’t affect this one, he was admittedly getting a bit superstitious as well, and couldn’t bear the thought of working without it. The wooden leg was enough distraction. 

Well, that, and the itching...

18 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Some minor RP before we start!

I see your RP and I raise my own RP!

~~~

In a corner, The Legendary Guacless stood.

The Legendary Guacless hated standing, but if there was one thing this city had more than sewers, it was things The Legendary Guacless hated. And that included standing.

Light shined through the expanse of stain-glass windows. The Guacless stayed in the shadows. He didn’t a reminder of The Lord Ruler’s great deeds. The Guacless chuckled. The city was enough evidence of that.

An hour crawled by like a dying Skaa, and The Legendary Guacless found himself bored. Real bored. So bored he could taste it.

Spotting a carriage that looked as slow as an Inquisitor’s brain, The Guacless saw another Obligator amble out. He was tall. As tall as a Terrisman. Or was The Guacless just short? He could never tell in this world.

Stepping up to the man, who he now realised sported a leg as wooden as a secret hideout’s door The Guacless extended a hand. “Hey,” he said, immediatly dropping the hand. He didn’t ‘do’ hands. “I’m The Legendary Guacless, but you can just call me The Legendary Guacless.”