What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

I'm at Dark Crystal as well - on episode 3 now. It's great! The faces of the characters in particular have so much expression, it's wonderful. There's a few minor gripes I have with it (like the sun in the outdoors scenes being far too bright/having that digital lens-flare look that I can't stand), but I'm very pleased so far!

I've also been re-watching individual scenes from another recent (but very different) fantasy puppet animation series, Thunderbolt Fantasy. It's one of the most fun things I've seen, completely over the top and extremely well-done. In the mood for this insane, fast-paced action puppet stuff. Season 3 won't happen until next year, sadly.

On 06/09/2019 at 3:36 PM, Jaywalk said:

Started The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance on Netflix last night. It’s such a beautiful show, and the puppetry is incredible!

Loved it and it looks absolutely amazing. Also tried out carnival row but was quiet disappointed. Is anyone looking forward to tonight's episode of peaky blinders? 

The Big Boss. I like Asian martial arts films funner to watch than western ones, mostly because the Hollywood versions tend to crowbar in a “might is not right” or some other moral message while the eastern ones are more “hey let’s have some fun with martial arts” since it’s fun to see the silly brutality over “kung fu is violent!!!” anyday.

American Horror Story 1984. So 80’s and actually pretty spooky like the horror films from that time and taking some beats from both Halloween and Friday the 13th. One of the billed star characters is Richard Ramirez so that’s one character who’ll survive this season for real world reasons and the fact he shows up in Hotel for Devils Night.

Kind of nice seeing Billie Lourd play a character who doesn’t seem bored all the time. Also loving Emma Roberts as a nice girl for once.

On 9/13/2019 at 0:54 PM, Kualo said:

I watch on-repeat skekMal's scenes videos on youtube. Why this skeksis is so amazing? I got totally mesmerized by the sheer genius behind his design and puppetry.

SkekMal is performed by Kevin Clash, arguably the best puppeteer currently working.

He didn't voice any character because they would sound like Elmo (and... some other reasons).

On 9/23/2019 at 9:29 AM, Wander89 said:

What a show!! I've currently finished Unbelievable and what a great criminal story!

Sure is! Despite continuity errors later on it’s still fun to watch. Also taking the time to listen to the commentaries from the cast and crew.

• 2 weeks later...

earlier today i watched the rest of Season 1 of South Park for DVD.

later tonight ill be watching Ant Man and Wasp for blu ray.

then later this week ill be watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze along with Tommy Boy Holy Schnike DVD