Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Clinic: Outside Calano's Office

X banged on the door, knocking until his knuckles were raw.

With each knock, images flashed through his head. The mirror. His family. The sky, bleeding in ink.

"Hello?" he called, his voice hoarse. "Is anyone there?"

@CalanoCorvus

Is Calano heading back to the office anytime soon?

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He breathed in gasps. "I... am!"

The Clinic: The Lobby

Telrao watched in horror as Lerac gasped on the ground, Wynn trying to help him. She padded up to him, then felt... something.

It's the same. The same influence. Her ears went back. I-I can't help...

She shook her furry head, determination building within her. No! I will NOT allow this one to be taken!

She quickly began drawing in the air, the lines bursting to light, hanging in place. When she finished, she was left with a chain of Aons - Ien, for healing, Rao, for spirit, and Ashe. The Aon for Light. She added the final line, and the Aons began to twist and warp around each other, weaving into a pure white light that burst forward and entered Lerac's mouth. She held her breath as the Light began to permeate Lerac's being.

Please work. Please, let it help.

3 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Telrao watched in horror as Lerac gasped on the ground, Wynn trying to help him. She padded up to him, then felt... something.

It's the same. The same influence. Her ears went back. I-I can't help...

She shook her furry head, determination building within her. No! I will NOT allow this one to be taken!

She quickly began drawing in the air, the lines bursting to light, hanging in place. When she finished, she was left with a chain of Aons - Ien, for healing, Rao, for spirit, and Ashe. The Aon for Light. She added the final line, and the Aons began to twist and warp around each other, weaving into a pure white light that burst forward and entered Lerac's mouth. She held her breath as the Light began to permeate Lerac's being.

Please work. Please, let it help.

It isn't Kaos, it's Malum.

Lerac looked at the cat, tearful eyes watching with confusion as he continued to suffocate. As the powers of the Aons entered him, he seemed to calm for a moment. And yet, almost immediately, the coughing and death began again.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac looked at the cat, tearful eyes watching with confusion as he continued to suffocate. As the powers of the Aons entered him, he seemed to calm for a moment. And yet, almost immediately, the coughing and death began again.

Oh, I know! I just uh... typed it wrong. Telrao's just a little overwhelmed at the mo

Merciful Domi! That did nothing! I know nothing!

Telrao sat back on her haunches, horrified. She quickly stuffed those emotions away, breathing deeply. She walked over to Lerac, curling up beside him and purring comfortingly.

Just now, Telrao said:

Merciful Domi! That did nothing! I know nothing!

Telrao sat back on her haunches, horrified. She quickly stuffed those emotions away, breathing deeply. She walked over to Lerac, curling up beside him and purring comfortingly.

He began to radiate a soft, healing warmth, and his coughing slowed. "And... who are you?"

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He began to radiate a soft, healing warmth, and his coughing slowed. "And... who are you?"

Telrao looked up and felt Lerac begin to recover. She purred and slow-blinked at the human.

"I am Telrao, the Clinic's Therapy Cat." She said happily. "Are you... well?"

17 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

The Dreamscape

Insa followed. She stopped suddenly when they reached the bones. "Emma where are we?"

The Dreamscape

"We are where the Kaos energy is strongest. The altar of bones, and the tomb of the dead. The book will tell us all that we need to know."

Emma rests her hand on the tomb and a stream of Light energy flows into her from the book.

"We have found the first bind point. Right around this book!"

Pressing her palms around the altar the Kaos energy begins to flow towards the invisible column of light. A light purple quickly begins to infest the light as it becomes visible under the strain of the attack.

@Shining Silhouette @InfiniteInsanity

On 1/29/2023 at 7:58 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

I don't know what the dying plotline is, can you just give me the basics if it's important for me getting off, or you don't need to if I can leave easily without it.

Bookwyrm, overcome with recklessness after losing Insa to corruption, took a piece of information from the Sixth Archive and used it to teleport himself to this planet. The planet is located in a universe which, along with a few other universes, is blocked off by Kaos.

I want us to be discovered by a secret organization with more modern or sci-fi technology. They're dedicated to fighting Kaos, but have little information on the workings of the outside world, because they've been isolated so long.

I was going to have them find us at nighttime; we'd search the island to little avail, then as we secure camp for the night a squad of them appear in some kind of hovercraft.

Just some useful information. If you feel the Shrai wouldn't really fit in the plotline, we can figure out some reason for why it can leave.

@xinoehp512

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

I was going to have them find us at nighttime; we'd search the island to little avail, then as we secure camp for the night a squad of them appear in some kind of hovercraft.

Reminds me of quite a few scenes when people enter a new area. Like ninjago with the first realm and other things :P

The Dreamscape

The pillar of light began to dim and blacken. 

Something snapped and the pillar flared a brilliant purple before crashing down into Emma.

The bones began rumbling around her feet as she confidently snatched up the book.

Striding confidently back towards Insa and Joe, Emma grinned as she held up the book triumphantly.

"The book of the dead is mine once more. Rise fallen soldiers and be renewed once more!"

The rumbling intensifies as the bones rattle and roll, falling together in piles of massive bones. Very quickly a army of skeletons extends ranks and ranks before Emma.

The dark queen smiles, teeth bared in a wicked grin.

"And lo, the world shall fall under our onslaught."

17 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Dreamscape

The pillar of light began to dim and blacken. 

Something snapped and the pillar flared a brilliant purple before crashing down into Emma.

The bones began rumbling around her feet as she confidently snatched up the book.

Striding confidently back towards Insa and Joe, Emma grinned as she held up the book triumphantly.

"The book of the dead is mine once more. Rise fallen soldiers and be renewed once more!"

The rumbling intensifies as the bones rattle and roll, falling together in piles of massive bones. Very quickly a army of skeletons extends ranks and ranks before Emma.

The dark queen smiles, teeth bared in a wicked grin.

"And lo, the world shall fall under our onslaught."

Joe started a chant. "Kill the plants! KILL THE PLANTS"

5 hours ago, Telrao said:

Telrao looked up and felt Lerac begin to recover. She purred and slow-blinked at the human.

"I am Telrao, the Clinic's Therapy Cat." She said happily. "Are you... well?"

"Uh... No. I'm finding it hard to breath, and my healing can only seem to keep it at bay, not get rid of... whatever it is."

12 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined City of ???

"Alright. Something on the map had said something about the center of the city. I think. Either that or it said something about a labyrinth... whatever." He smiled. "Best bet is to head for the center and improvise from there."

Ruined city of ???

Rue groaned and followed. She began to weave the flame of Tar Valon, just in case. “Could you have been less prepared for this? Some people plan before they do these things.”

Man that was a beautiful few pages of trauma. 

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm, overcome with recklessness after losing Insa to corruption, took a piece of information from the Sixth Archive and used it to teleport himself to this planet. The planet is located in a universe which, along with a few other universes, is blocked off by Kaos.

I want us to be discovered by a secret organization with more modern or sci-fi technology. They're dedicated to fighting Kaos, but have little information on the workings of the outside world, because they've been isolated so long.

Just some useful information. If you feel the Shrai wouldn't really fit in the plotline, we can figure out some reason for why it can leave.

Uh, well The Shrai doesn't fit super well in the plotline but Platypus is fighting it so there are some weird quirks right now that will be worked out and I think I'll figure out a way to make it work because role-playing on your own is boring. It'll probably just be the two personalities are coming together and so there are a lot of weird things happening with these two.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Uh... No. I'm finding it hard to breath, and my healing can only seem to keep it at bay, not get rid of... whatever it is."

Wynn's Shadow squirmed anxiously. "What can we do?"

1 hour ago, Aes Sedai said:

Ruined city of ???

Rue groaned and followed. She began to weave the flame of Tar Valon, just in case. “Could you have been less prepared for this? Some people plan before they do these things.”

Ruined city of ???

"Yes, I could've been less prepared. I could have not had my watch and would've been buried under those shadow creatures more thoroughly." Thaidakar smiled. "Besides, I like to improvise. It gives me good practice for when random dark gods or chickens attack."

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Clinic: Lobby

What was the world coming to? Was all Calano thought as first Haly and Mitis vanished, then this guy started dying, Telrao trying and apparently failing to help him, and all the emotions and thoughts whirling around his head.

He needed to sit down, in a quiet space.

His office.

He whirled on the spot, reappearing in his office.

He sat in the chair, and put his head in his hands, elbows resting on the desk. The soft, warm lighting of the office helped. He took a deep breath, then took a paper out of his desk to begin organizing his thoughts.

Then he heard knocking. At his door. Seriously?

"Come in," He called, slightly annoyed and in no way ready to meet with someone.

@xinoehp512 @The Aspiring Archivist

30 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn's Shadow squirmed anxiously. "What can we do?"

"I don't know."

Like I said earlier, it would appear to Wynn that he will survive, I think.

Spoiler

But he might not.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know."

Even if she knows what's going to happen, she might not accept it or fully comprehend it. I'll just have her behave in a way that makes sense no matter what.

"Does the Clinic have a doctor or someone who can help?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Yes, it does," TAAron said.

"I might be fine..." Lerac had stopped coughing, and he stood up shakily. "See?"

"We're not taking any risks." She prepared to support him if he fell. "Let's go. Lead the way, TAAron."