Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

37 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

That is correct! ^_^
I do want to go through the whole discussion anyways, though, because X doesn't actually realize that his world has been overrun by Kaos yet, and that's a critical character moment. Perhaps your character could call someone else over if they aren't able to explain fully?

Okay, I’ll explain the basics but direct him to Calano for details.

“Kaos is… chaos, given form. It’s a dark, evil god that can corrupt and destroy. For years and years, it’s been trapped in a prison that prevents it from doing that, but  now it’s able to wreak havoc on… well, all the multiverses. It’s corrupted some of our closest allies, including Calano’s wife, and has destroyed numerous planets. Currently, we’re searching for Archives of information that could tell us how to stop it.”

She laughed softly. “It sounds mad, but it’s real. Those are the basics, but if you want more details then you should ask Calano. Though… I’m not sure if he’s in any state of mind to see you right now.”

12 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???: Outskirts

Nameless shivered, staring at the bolt of energy. He broke his eyes away, staring towards the city. "So, to the center then?"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Aes Sedai @Random Bystander

He nodded, "to the center!"

15 hours ago, Telrao said:

The Clinic: Calano's Room

Telrao blinked slowly, a comforting purr rumbling within her. "I'm sure she knew, Calano. She loved you, more than you would know. Just in her way. Emma was a special human. And so are you."

She jumped off the bed and drew a few lines in the air, watching as they sparked to light, then faded. She closed her eyes, feeling Calano's sorrow, grief, worry. "You carry a heavy burden, friend. But you are not alone."

She found a fragment of the picture of Emma and pressed her paw against it. She closed her eyes, furry brow furrowed in concentration as the fragment began to glow with a white light. Around the room, other fragments began to glow also. She felt Calano's love for Emma, the Connection between him and the picture, and she channelled it into the fragment, which shuddered and grew into the original picture, complete. Whole.

She smiled at her accomplishment, then pushed it with her nose towards Calano. "I believe this belongs to you."

@CalanoCorvus

Clinic: Calano's Room

Calano looked down at the picture.

Emma looked so happy. So peaceful. So beautiful.

Light above darkness below, what had gone wrong??

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Like I said to Telrao, I'm not entirely certain how well that Aon works, but the picture was pretty much obliterated, not just fragmented. It might not have worked to repair it. Telrao hasn't responded yet, though.

7 hours ago, Shadowed said:

“Kaos is… chaos, given form. It’s a dark, evil god that can corrupt and destroy. For years and years, it’s been trapped in a prison that prevents it from doing that, but  now it’s able to wreak havoc on… well, all the multiverses. It’s corrupted some of our closest allies, including Calano’s wife, and has destroyed numerous planets. Currently, we’re searching for Archives of information that could tell us how to stop it.”

She laughed softly. “It sounds mad, but it’s real. Those are the basics, but if you want more details then you should ask Calano. Though… I’m not sure if he’s in any state of mind to see you right now.”

"So a corrupting evil that is spreading?" A cold feeling entered X's stomach. "How would one tell, theoretically, if someone else had been corrupted?"

21 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"So a corrupting evil that is spreading?" A cold feeling entered X's stomach. "How would one tell, theoretically, if someone else had been corrupted?"

“It would be quite obvious, if you knew them well. They would be… unlike themselves. The very opposite.”

She eyed X, but said nothing. 

Ngl I don’t know very much about it so… just pretend Matra said something less vague I guess.

2 hours ago, Shadowed said:

“It would be quite obvious, if you knew them well. They would be… unlike themselves. The very opposite.”

She eyed X, but said nothing. 

X closed his eyes. He remembered his family, staring at him silently, black teardrops under their eyes. Asking him to join them in their transformation. He felt sick.

"I need to get back," he found himself saying. "I need to go home."

19 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless nodded, staring at the image. "Right. Come on." He dashed off towards the center of the city, doing his best to ignore Malum's taunts.

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

Ruined City of ???: outskirts

Rue followed, trying not to worry about what would happen if her companions lost what little sanity they had left.

Thaidakar followed, noting Rue's expression. "Hey, even if one of us goes insane and tries to kill the others... there's the assurance that you or the sane one will stop the insane one." He then ran past Nameless. His eyes glowed softly, enhancing his speed.

City of ???: outskirts

Rue rolled her eyes. “Show off,” she muttered, hurrying to catch up. “I have experience with less than sane men, fool. But I prefer to avoid them when I can; I’m no blue, going on quests with a Warder…” she trailed off, then started laughing.

Edited by Aes Sedai

6 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Even if it was obliterated, there would still be fragments, right? Tiny little pieces, barely perceptible and basically dust. But those fragments - to use Soulcasting terms - would remember being a picture a short time after the picture was destroyed. Using that memory, along with Calano's memory and love of Emma, she can re-create it. It isn't made of the same picture per se - in fact, it's mostly a spiritual construct, energy being turned into matter to re-form the picture.

Cats can bend the rules of physics. They are, after all, interdimensional all-powerful sapient beings. Ergo, Telrao can repair the picture of Emma. :P 

Edited by Telrao

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

She's not using Aons for this - she's experimenting with Connection, an area of some expertise.

Her main magic is Aons, yes, but she isn't entirely restricted to that system - for example, she can convert energy into matter (in small amounts) and un-corrupt corrupted energy (also in small amounts). Connection and conversion of energy into matter was what she used in this situation. 

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X closed his eyes. He remembered his family, staring at him silently, black teardrops under their eyes. Asking him to join them in their transformation. He felt sick.

"I need to get back," he found himself saying. "I need to go home."

“Are you… okay?” Matra peered over at him, concerned. “If you want to go home, no one’s going to stop you. We can find someone who can make a portal, if you like.”

On 1/27/2023 at 0:35 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

Island on a Distant World: Flower Field

The Shrai backs up, confused and slightly intimidated. "I would ask you the same question. I was traveling and I was brought here by something. Was it you?" The Shrai summons its Blade and the tip nearly meets Bookwyrms Blade. A magnetic repulsion stops the tips from meeting and as The Shrai brings its Blade closer, he has to struggle to keep it level. 

Bookwyrm felt a force push against his sword, as if The Shrai's sword was a magnet of the same polarity.

Strange...

"I'd have no way of knowing," Bookwyrm said, lowering his sword. "It's a possibility. But it could also be something else. This world has a secret, or at least a connection to other worlds with secrets. Perhaps that's what you were sensing."

On 1/27/2023 at 0:41 PM, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Island on a Distant World

Lark stepped in between The Shrai and Bookwyrm. "No fighting. It's bad for health, both physical and mental."

"True." Bookwyrm's sword vanished, but he kept his guard up around The Shrai.

"We should keep searching," he said, looking at the twin suns in the sky. One a bright yellow, the other a dim red. The larger moon with cracks in it's surface had crossed the horizon, but the smaller, smoothed surface one was still visible. "It's about an hour past noon. We should get back to the camp by nightfall, but we still have time to search."

This plotline was dying! I had to revive it.

9 hours ago, Shadowed said:

“Are you… okay?” Matra peered over at him, concerned. “If you want to go home, no one’s going to stop you. We can find someone who can make a portal, if you like.”

What!? :P Used to be that leaving was a big no-no, have policies changed?

Nameless came to a halt on a ridge overlooking the city proper. "Stop here. There are enemies ahead." He examined the city, then made a quick gateway that opened far above the city to get a top-down view. "That's odd. They're only in half the city."

@Aes Sedai @Random Bystander @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

"What's the hurry? There might be some unique situations during nighttime." Lark examined the newcomer. "Who are you again?"

@The Bookwyrm @Being of Cacophony

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Well, he doesn't have Brandonfandonitis right? Nameless did manage to get out by fooling Calano into thinking he was cured that one time.

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless came to a halt on a ridge overlooking the city proper. "Stop here. There are enemies ahead." He examined the city, then made a quick gateway that opened far above the city to get a top-down view. "That's odd. They're only in half the city."

"What's the hurry? There might be some unique situations during nighttime." Lark examined the newcomer. "Who are you again?"

Malum spoke again. "I must go. I have... Something to attend to. See you soon, I suppose." There was a flash of light.

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Matra doesn't know that though.:ph34r:

9 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm felt a force push against his sword, as if The Shrai's sword was a magnet of the same polarity.

Strange...

"I'd have no way of knowing," Bookwyrm said, lowering his sword. "It's a possibility. But it could also be something else. This world has a secret, or at least a connection to other worlds with secrets. Perhaps that's what you were sensing."

"Okay then. Perhaps we can be allies. I sensed nothing before I was pulled into this world though." The Shrai lets its Blade vanish into mist permeated with stars.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:41 AM, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark stepped in between The Shrai and Bookwyrm. "No fighting. It's bad for health, both physical and mental."

@Being of Cacophony

"True." Bookwyrm's sword vanished, but he kept his guard up around The Shrai.

"We should keep searching," he said, looking at the twin suns in the sky. One a bright yellow, the other a dim red. The larger moon with cracks in it's surface had crossed the horizon, but the smaller, smoothed surface one was still visible. "It's about an hour past noon. We should get back to the camp by nightfall, but we still have time to search."

Is it? Are you sure? It strengthens me," The Shrai growls but keeps his sword away.

"If you tell me how to leave this place, I will depart and leave you in peace. I have things to do." it says in a gruff voice, but not the threatening growl it often uses. "Anyway... Who are both of you and what are you doing here?"

I don't know what the dying plotline is, can you just give me the basics if it's important for me getting off, or you don't need to if I can leave easily without it.

@The Bookwyrm@UnfortunatelyNamed

On 29/01/2023 at 6:50 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

Telrao padded up to Calano's feet and sat down, purring comfortingly.

"Calano..." She said softly, her bright blue eyes shining, "I... remember that you have a ring - connected to Emma. I may be able to infuse it with Light. Do you think..." She hesitated for a moment, then continued. "Do you think it might help? Help her?"

@CalanoCorvus

22 hours ago, Shadowed said:

"Calano," X said abruptly. "You said he knows more about this... Kaos?" He looked at Matra desperately.