Long Game 75: Alethi Politics

Mat

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

There’s three people voting him? Cool. I like ties. :P

I doubt it’ll be a tie at the end, we got vote manip this game. Assuming me and archer are still tied at rollover.

21 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Illwei because ties do the village no good.

I mean, ties kill someone this game. I think ties are good. If we set up a tie, then if there’s an elim involved the elims have to do something about it, whether that’s through vote manip or just by changing their votes to someone else. Either way, we get information based on what happened after the tie. 

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, ties kill someone this game. I think ties are good. If we set up a tie, then if there’s an elim involved the elims have to do something about it, whether that’s through vote manip or just by changing their votes to someone else. Either way, we get information based on what happened after the tie. 

I was about to say this, how dare you get there first :P 

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

You do have a point, but it seems there's honest suspicion of Illwei (which seems beyond normal D1 suspicions) then why would we leave it up to chance and elim manipulation if elim!Illwei could die now?

Edited by Elandera
Because my brain won't english today

:pensive:

I think the reason I usually survive Eliminations is because I can defend myself enough but alas, there is naught to defend against the D1 vote 

EDIT:

what? How is there vote manip I thought the only thing was items you could buy

Also Elan since you think there's actual reasoning, would you...point it out for me? :P.

Edited by Illwei

1 minute ago, Elandera said:

You do have a point, but it seems there's honest suspicion of Illwei (which seems beyond normal D1 suspicions) then why would we leave it up to chance and elim manipulation if elim!Illwei could die now?

I mean, personally, it seems like the same sort of suspicion that gets thrown Illwei’s way D1 every game I’ve played with her so far. Obviously, it’s right sometimes (e.g. LG74), but it’s not always right. Just like the suspicion of me D1 always happens but isn’t always right.

As for the tie thing, I think leaving things close rather than just all piling onto one player both opens up the possibility for more discussion and forces the elims to interact more, especially if an elim is one of the people up for the exe.

Also uh on mobile and quoting things is hard but @Araris Valerian this is what I get for village reading you? Smhmh ;-;

And quinn the reason I said it so early was because I had a lot to do today that I didn't know how long would take but apparently took a bit less time than I thought but still have more things to do so I didn't realize that I might be around for eod

Y'all saying I sound like lg74 illwei? Tell me how.

8 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Ahhh something feels wrong about this and I can't figure out what ://///

It- just- it feels like you're assuming she's elim, almost? Just because there's honest suspicion on her doesn't mean she's elim--just that some people, probably at least a few of whom legitimately don't know anyone's alignment but their own, think she's elim. Confirmed good does not mean confirmed right. Not-confirmed-good definitely does not mean confirmed right. So... I don't really get... what... yeah. If you're voting Illwei because you agree with the arguments for voting her, then cool. But if you don't actually agree with them, and are just voting her because you want to avoid a tie--I mean... go ahead, but you seriously don't have to? I don't really... see what's so bad about having a tie D1 (in this specific game that is).

Also, for reference, here is a current VC:

Illwei (5): Archer, Menot, Quinn, Araris, Elan
Archer (2): Araris, Striker
Randby (1): TJ
Dannex (3): Whysper, Illwei, Tani

As you can see, moving your vote wouldn't lead to a tie anyway : P if that helps at all.

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Y'all saying I sound like lg74 illwei? Tell me how.

I mean... I don't think you sound like LG74 Illwei at all, actually. And note that the person saying that was on the elim team with you, and thus may have a somewhat skewed perception of what elim!you sounds like : P

Actually y'know what let's Illwei Dannex. The sudden accumulation of votes on Illwei bothers me, but I might ignore it if it weren't for the fact that both of them felt off to me. With both of those things... yeah. 

New VC:

Illwei (4): Archer, Menot, Araris, Elan
Archer (2): Araris, Striker
Randby (1): TJ
Dannex (4): Whysper, Illwei, Tani, Quinn

16 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

If you're voting Illwei because you agree with the arguments for voting her, then cool.

As I mentioned, Illwei was already my second choice for a vote before votes started piling on her in earnest. Mostly a gut read, but I am rather suspicious of how quickly she's labeled so many people as village from one or two posts at most. But when I saw the potential for a viable exe on one of my suspicions (combined with getting closer to the end of the turn), I moved over. As for assuming Illwei is elim, I assume everyone is elim until given reason to think otherwise.

39 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

... I don't think you sound like LG74 Illwei at all, actually

Huh. Pretty sure I was throwing out village reads in LG74 as well, I don't remember really. 

Usually I give out village points for people breaking out of RP but something about Elan isn't sitting right with me. Of course, she never does, so i intend to ignore it. 

Consider this a vote on elan (not an actual vote, just... Just in case elan flips elim so I could say "I've voted on an elim c1 every game" :P) just in case she's an elim because I'm not feeling too confident about the Danex vote tbh. :p.

Of course, I'm not about to basically give up fighting and sacrifice myself a la MR46 grumble grumble

Edited by Illwei

2 hours ago, Dannex said:

Reasoning please

People seem to think you're evil. That's about it.

Since I have no substantial reasoning for you Imma switch to Illwei because she was elim LG74 

Edit: Nevermind.

@Matrim's Dice I want to stay on Dannex for now.

Edited by Tani

... I love trying to catch up on a D1 thread. Water, water, everywhere, and not a drop to drink.

There are vote manip roles besides Dalinar (the Spokesperson). So I'd rather it not be a tie if possible. I don't have infinite time but I'll look at Illwei vs Dannex. One of Striker's posts (I think the one about vote manip? I had to double check because I wasn't sure if there was a vote manip role besides Dalinar... it might have been warning about vote manip) felt off...

Time is a valuable commodity. Sigh.

45 minutes ago, Tani said:

People seem to think you're evil. That's about it.

Since I have no substantial reasoning for you Imma switch to Illwei because she was elim LG74 

Edit: Nevermind.

@Matrim's Dice I want to stay on Dannex for now.

Hold up

literally acknowledges that there’s no reason to vote me

And then still votes me

that’s very strange

tani 

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

One of Striker's posts (I think the one about vote manip? I had to double check because I wasn't sure if there was a vote manip role besides Dalinar... it might have been warning about vote manip) felt off...

This is the only post of Striker's that mentions vote-manip as far as I could tell (time is a commodity that I happen to have :P)

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

(Stated) reasoning behind every vote that has been placed this cycle (bold = votes still currently in place):

Archer votes Illwei: poke vote.
Quinn votes Tani: poke vote.
Araris votes Archer: poke vote.
Striker votes Archer: making suggestions about the order of Events that benefit the elims.

Edit: oops apparent ctrl + Enter = submit post :P I didn't mean to post this yet (or to double post). I'll finish it and... idk whether I'll edit it in or c/p it into a new post : P

Smh I have a few legacy reads to leave but they very much depend on things such as striker showing up and Ash coming back. 

@Quintessential me reaching two votes put me in the running, which is why I was like "oh huh I could die today, that's new" :P. But I guess I can now say it without it seeming suspicious?

Man, it's been a while since I've been ML'd :P. 

Anyways. Headed into PCC. Will leave something later even if those two don't come back. 

11 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Hold up

literally acknowledges that there’s no reason to vote me

And then still votes me

that’s very strange

tani 

I am a Dustbringer and a Chaos Demon. If this were D&D I would be Chaotic Chaos. :)

One of these days Im going to change my username to Gneorndin just so you all have trouble voting for me. :)

Just now, Quintessential said:

Araris votes Archer: poke vote

This was not a poke vote. I explicitly stated it was a Stab Vote, and gave reasoning for it a bit later. Also, unless I'm misunderstanding you, there are a lot more than 4 votes that have been paced this cycle. Did you only list the ones that gave reasons?

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

So, I’d prefer ending (should be exing, but autocorrect said otherwise :P) Dannex over Illwei, but I’d like to see a VC before I make any decisions.

Then we summon thee

@Matrim's Dice

Quinn had one that was uhhhhh kiiinda accurate ...

I'm at PCC