Master List of Origins™: the Ultimate Nationality Thread

Aether

I need to visit the General Discussion forum more often. Anyway, I'm from the Philippines. I know another Filipino member, but I'll let her announce it here herself if she wants.

Edited by skaa

I need to visit the General Discussion forum more. Anyway, I'm from the Philippines. I know another Filipino member, but I'll let her announce it here if she wants.

Do ask her to stop by. And tell her I won't bite, only ever so slightly nibble at her toes.

Haha! Incidentally, I attended a free Filipino martial arts lesson a couple of weeks ago. The female instructor taught me some basic knife-fighting exercises. The whole time I pretended I was holding an obsidian dagger instead of a wooden practice knife, and that the instructor was Vin. :D

Anyway, the Philippines is generally considered part of Southeast Asia (like Malaysia and Singapore), not Oceania. Moving it to the Asia category would be very much appreciated!

Do ask her to stop by. And tell her I won't bite, only ever so slightly nibble at her toes.

Alright! I'll send her a PM later: "Hey! Aether wants to nibble at your toes. Please tell him where you live." Edited by skaa

Anyway, the Philippines is generally considered part of Southeast Asia (like Malaysia and Singapore), not Oceania. Moving it to the Asia category would be very much appreciated!

Pardon me. I'll move you immediately.

Alright! I'll send her a PM later: "Hey! Aether wants to nibble at your toes. Please tell him where you live."

I'm fine with that if you are.

The idea of nibbling suits me, being of The Wafflesworn. Although I have to say, the waffles we make are too sumptuous that mere nibbles will never satisfy. 

So yeah, Aether, I got skaa's PM today. I'm Mary, from the Philippines, skaa's friend, and overall party starter.

The idea of nibbling suits me, being of The Wafflesworn. Although I have to say, the waffles we make are too sumptuous that mere nibbles will never satisfy. 

So yeah, Aether, I got skaa's PM today. I'm Mary, from the Philippines, skaa's friend, and overall party starter.

I like Waffles. I think we shall both find this to be a pleasant accord.

I like Waffles. I think we shall both find this to be a pleasant accord.

A pleasant accord indeed.

I will derail this thread a bit by extending an invitation for you to join The Wafflesworn then - a clan dedicated to good food and mayhem!

As Master of Lists, you will find joy in listing the various waffle recipes we've made for a select clientele - Queen Elsa, Princess Delightful, Brightlady Feather - among others.

--

On another note, skaa did send me the PM exactly as he said he would. How can one resist?

Well, The Wafflesworn which developed out of The Newcargo Court all watched over by The Observer's Guild, a slightly more comprehensible understanding of which can be found in this list here, in the creation of which you Aether, our dear Master Listmaker, was unsurprisingly invoked, actually. 

Yeah, things suddenly got pretty complicated..... B)

Edited by Delightful

I'm not sure I have 30 posts (Edit: Wait! Not so far from 30 actually....)... But I do lurk on the boards if that counts... And come on.... You can't turn away your only African ;)

Proudly South African :D Ngihlala eNingizimu Afrika

Edited by Nya Ellir

I'm in Georgia (US state, not country).

Greetings!

I'm not sure I have 30 posts (Edit: Wait! Not so far from 30 actually....)... But I do lurk on the boards if that counts... And come on.... You can't turn away your only African ;)

Well, the rules were supposed to be "either or", so you qualify by simply posting here. The thirty post rule is mostly to just sift out the around thousand dormant users who've only ever made a few posts and then never returned.

So welcome to my List!

Edited by Aether

So, what kind of a doctor do I see if my tongue is tied in a knot?

There is always Alexander's solution to the Gordian knot.

Noble and Majestic Unicorn Is from Germany, Her post is Here.

Thanks! Adding her now. EDIT: Actually, unless she posts here herself, she doesn't qualify. I tend to avoid the Introduction pages until they've been active for some time. There are a lot of people just passing through. But thanks anyway.

Colorado resident of the US checking in

Greetings! Adding you as well. And Storms, the US is cluttering up!

Edited by Aether

So not sure if this is possible, but you know how facebook has a map that when you tag yourself at a location, it marks that place in the map? Is there anyway to imbed such a map into this thread so there could also be a graphic physical representation of everyone? Just thought it would be also cool to really see the density of Sanderson fans are across the globe. I realize this is a tall order, and I have no idea how it would be accomplished, but was wondering if it was possible and what you think Aether

So not sure if this is possible, but you know how facebook has a map that when you tag yourself at a location, it marks that place in the map? Is there anyway to imbed such a map into this thread so there could also be a graphic physical representation of everyone? Just thought it would be also cool to really see the density of Sanderson fans are across the globe. I realize this is a tall order, and I have no idea how it would be accomplished, but was wondering if it was possible and what you think Aether

Deja vu! I was just thinking of this earlier when I looked over the geography list. Simplest way is copying it in a Google Spreadsheet and choosing a Geo Map chart but it will still be based on Aether's List. The other is coming up with something like what Wordpress has where the users just tag their location.

The last option is to create a map of Sharders using Google Maps Engine

Edited by Quitecontrary

I never thought of this, but sure, I can do this. Might take a week or two before I'll get it up and running, but I should be able to use the Google Maps Engine (as suggested by Quitecontrary) to make an interactive map. I won't represent our current location precisely (obviously), as I'll just randomly place it somewhere around the area people have said they're from. Might be amusing to see how far I'm off in some cases.