Newbie comin' ! xD

Hi :D I'm Nathalie from Germany. After some hesitation I finally decided to join this forum...(tbh I'm to shy for stuff like this but ....this forums seems so cooool O.O and I definitely need to meet more Sanderson-Fans xD ) I don't rly have theories or a hidden art talent or sth like that and I'm still very insecure when it comes to my English-knowledge so I doubt you will see much from me....maybe some small comments...I don't know. Im more the quite Stalker-type :P

The books I've read so far: the Mistborn series, Way of Kings (I haven't read WoR yet because I wanted to wait until they've translated it into german but....February 2015...I doubt I can wait that long xD ) , Alctraz 1, 2 and 3, Steelheart, The Rithmatist (LOOOVE THAT *___*) , Warbreaker, Elantris, The Emperors Soul and Legion

Welcome! Even though many people use this forum to discuss theories (me included), this is definitely a great place to ask questions about anything you've read, or just to geek-out about the awesomeness of Brandon's work.

Welcome, and everything that the people above say is true. You have read more than many of the english speakers here, so no worries. I wasn't going to mention it, but since Ashiok already did... You should swear yourself to the Newcago Court! We have a wonderful Queen and Princess, the Wafflesworn cater to us, wasing the speaking of slang the eastern, and we're just very nice people. At the same time, don't worry about joining any group! Stalking everything is plenty of fun by itself, so please don't join the observers, they eat too much rice, its bad for the eyes. :PB)

Hello! You're only the second person with that name I've known, btw. Have fun stalking exploring the forums!

ONLY THE SECOND?!? D: ...thats disappointing ._. (ok not rly xD this name is so funny someone HAD to think of it already) 

Newcago Court? Featherblades? Wafflesworn?  xD mkaaaay...*confused but ok*  

Welcome to the Forum N&MUnicorn. Be careful of the General Sections, they Contain Lot's of WoR spoilers.

You've read more of his books than most of The English Speakers here.

Thx for the advice ^^° (IVE ALREADY SEEN A BAAAAD SPOILER ON TUMBLR :C that. was. horrible.I hope I can get WoR soon)

and to the second point: Rly?!?  ._. wow didn't expected this. (I even forced two of my friend to read all of these >:D needed someone with whom I could talk about it)

A lot of the folks on here have never bothered with the non-comsere books, even though there really good. Do you know what the Cosmere is?

The Newcago court/wafflesworn/featherblades, etc. are all unoficial "guilds" that you can join. Basically it just means that you post a bunch in the topic for the group, and make fun of the other groups. Most of thee groups have pretty cool emblem things that you can put in your sig.

Edited by Leftinch

Okay, as the resident obsessive fan I have to ask (since if the answer is yes, it means there's someone else I can bother about the show)

Is your username a reference to a certain Great and Powerful Unicorn, who needs to learn the magic of friendship?

As for the books... Mind if I ask what your favourite Brandon novel is?

Welcome!

You're English is just fine, so don't worry about that! (and if you do make any mistakes, we're pretty good at deciphering non-English words around here. ahem. Alethi, Veden, soulcaster, santhidyn, horneater, rosharan, chull, kandra, whitespine, havah, chouta, kolo, sule....need I go on? :P)

Okay, as the resident obsessive fan I have to ask (since if the answer is yes, it means there's someone else I can bother about the show)

Is your username a reference to a certain Great and Powerful Unicorn, who needs to learn the magic of friendship?

As for the books... Mind if I ask what your favourite Brandon novel is?

I assumed the username had more to do with Melody's chalkings......maybe?

Awesome if we're both kinda right (if I'm remembering correctly) and Brandon had Melody refer to her chalkings as noble and majestic because of MLP. (That is what you're referring to, right?)

A lot of the folks on here have never bothered with the non-comsere books, even though there really good. Do you know what the Cosmere is?

Yes I know what it is xD I have read an article about it and a looong explanation on tumblr.  (they haven't? Oo but they are awesome!)

This guild-thing sounds interesting  O.O (Wafflesworn...hehe...)

Your real name, not your handle!

oh sorry- misunderstood you xDDD yes this name is really common. I know approximately 5 other Nathalies....

As for the books... Mind if I ask what your favourite Brandon novel is

Uhm...Sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. ^^ Delightful is right- i took it from The Rithmatist. Melody often says that unicorns are noble and majestic animals and I love these sentences from her so much (Melody in genereal is awesome xD). That's why I choose this name. 

My favourite book? The Rithmatist xD I don't know why. I think it's because I love this..."Squib goes to Hogwarts"-principle. Ok Joel is a very talented "Squib" but nonetheless he's not - in contrary to other books- the allmighty hero ^^ The Rithmatist also seems to me like a mix from the serious Cosmere books and from the funny Alcatraz-series (the Alcatraz-part mainly because of Melody). (By the way I really love this funny short story from Brandon Sanderson too. "I Hate Dragons". Did someone read it?!?)

Welcome!

You're English is just fine, so don't worry about that! (and if you do make any mistakes, we're pretty good at deciphering non-English words around here. ahem. Alethi, Veden, soulcaster, santhidyn, horneater, rosharan, chull, kandra, whitespine, havah, chouta, kolo, sule....need I go on? :P)

[...]

Awesome if we're both kinda right (if I'm remembering correctly) and Brandon had Melody refer to her chalkings as noble and majestic because of MLP. 

...uhm...okay xD  Words like soulcaster and horneater were translated in the german versions I think so...I don't really know them ^^ 

(After letting google search MLP for me: ....This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules?!? xD )

Uhm...Sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. ^^ Delightful is right- i took it from The Rithmatist. Melody often says that unicorns are noble and majestic animals and I love these sentences from her so much (Melody in genereal is awesome xD). That's why I choose this name. 

My favourite book? The Rithmatist xD I don't know why. I think it's because I love this..."Squib goes to Hogwarts"-principle. Ok Joel is a very talented "Squib" but nonetheless he's not - in contrary to other books- the allmighty hero ^^ The Rithmatist also seems to me like a mix from the serious Cosmere books and from the funny Alcatraz-series (the Alcatraz-part mainly because of Melody). (By the way I really love this funny short story from Brandon Sanderson too. "I Hate Dragons". Did someone read it?!?)

...oh. You know, one of these days I really need to get around to reading the non-Cosmere books lol. I read the Dragon story a few months ago, but... I enjoyed it, but can't remember exactly what I thought of it lol.

...uhm...okay xD  Words like soulcaster and horneater were translated in the german versions I think so...I don't really know them ^^ 

(After letting google search MLP for me: ....This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules?!? xD )

I don't know what they are in German, but... the Soulcaster is the tool Shallan brought with her and which Jasnah used in the Way of Kings.

The horn eaters are the name of Rocks people.

MLP being blocked is hilarious, albeit disturbing lol. It's My Little Pony

• 2 weeks later...

I was so confused when I saw the preview of this thread on my New Content page - the first post started with "I'm Nathalie from Germany," but then I saw the username @Hello. My name is Joe, and it took me a few moments to process the fact that one came from the first post, and the other from the last one...

• Chaos locked this topic