I done been shpeaking to Felicks/Dalinar and ain't sure what to think of'im. I offered to help tie the vote with Wonko what on the groundsh o' the Contribyooshin Crushade but that went oddly. But I've been ashked to tie the vote with Ecth sho I guessh I will, alsho on the undershtanding that if Dalinar is evil a giant flashing red sign to LYNCH MATILDA will appear over my head.

Night 2: Nooses and Nameless

Many of the Villagers gathered around the husk that was once Whistler’s shop the next day.

“This was no accident,” Whistler said as he recounted the events of the night.

Some people believed him while others muttered about how he could’ve burned down his own shop. Even so, they all started trying to keep a close eye out for anyone that had an earring in their ear.

The man, as everyone including himself referred to him, sat at his porch. He fiddled with a small golden disk as he rocked back and forth. While he looked content, his mind was far from it. He had spent most of the Night and the better part of the Day hobbling around the town.

His self appointed mission was two-fold.

First, he was going to any place where people were gathered or gathering and using his Brass to dampen the Villager’s fears. The man trusted that, as long as people were calm and collected, they would be able to get through these perilous times.

The other thing he was doing was using his visions to try to help identify who the Spiked were. He tried to catch glimpses of them in the memories of people’s pasts. But this was to no avail and this worried the man. He was sure that he hadn’t missed anyone and yet he was no closer to finding these miscreants. Which meant that they were likely being hidden from him by even greater powers. Perhaps this Ruin that was mentioned?

These were the thoughts that plagued him when a large group of the Villagers strolled by, with a determined expression on their faces and rope in hand.

This pulled the man out of his revery. “Where are you heading in such a grim fashion?” He called out to them.

“It’s gotta be that Joe guy with the rat or that sneaky thief,” answered one of them. “So we’re going to put an end to this before someone actually gets hurt!”

“Peace,” the man said as he started soothing away their anxiety. “It doesn’t need to come to this. Just take a deep breath and calm yourselves. We don’t need to kill in turn. We can just lock them up! Which is where a thief should be in the first place, yes?”

He was winning them over. He saw their muscles relax and some of the fierceness level their eyes.

Unfortunately Matilda, who had been passed out nearby, took this opportunity to jerk awake. She let out the kind of cry that only someone who’s not all right in the head can and threw one of her “cats” towards the crowd. The whiskey bottle shattered against the cobblestones and with it, it also broke the man’s concentration.

The whiplash on their emotions drove the Villagers temporarily insane. They lashed out at the very first thing in their vicinity; which just so happened to be the man.

As they tied him up and strung him up to the nearest tree, the man spoke one last time.

“My sympathies to you who must carry on here. I cannot be killed, for I am the Third Nameless.”

When the villagers came back to reality and realized what they had done, they went back to the tree. The least they could do was give the man they had mercilessly killed a proper burial. But when they arrived, the body had vanished without a trace.

Night 2 begins! Everyone has 24 hours to get their orders.
Ecthelion III was a Village Soother!
PMs are now closed! You cannot send any more PMs! I repeat, you cannot send any PMs!

Forgot the vote count.

Votes:
Ecthelion (4)- Straw, Dalinar, Madagascar, Doc12
Dalinar (3)- Elenion, Arraenae, Ecthelion
Hemalurgic Headshot (2)- Seonid, Gamma Fiend
Elbereth (1)- Drake Marshall
Wonko (1)- Jondesu
Lopen (1)- Araris
Stink (1)- Stink
Gamma Feind (1)- Kipper
I am Stick (1)- Wilson
A Joe in the Bush (1)- Sart
Elenion (1)- Elbereth
Droughtbringer (1)- I am Stick
Orlok (1)- Wyrmhero
Nyali (1)- Arinian
Sart (1)- Conquestor

No Votes (13)- Wonko, Orlok, Bugsy, Lopen, Hemalurgic Headshot, Droughtbringer, Magestar, Silverblade, Herowannabe, Nyali, Manukos, A Joe in the Bush, Assassin in Burgundy

gre_1484369999.png

Player List

Spoiler

Assassin In Burgundy: Fuzzy- Self Explanatory (Jaist)
Elenion: Cassius- Ladies Man (Casanova)
Seonid: Senn Conrad- Minor Nobleman (Past Lives)
A Joe in the Bush: Jack Tormander- 4th Wall Breaker (Past Lives)
Jondesu: Remart- Just under 300 lbs. He swears! (Glutton, Handicapped [Leg])
Manukos: Enias- Cleans things….somewhere (Neat)
I_Am_Stick: Stick- Is a Stick? (Forgetful)
Wyrmhero: Wyl Sharpe- Private Detective (Guardsman)
Nyali: Nyah- Orphan (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents)
Herowannabe: Herwynbe- Terris Steward (Terris Steward)
Arinian: Arinian- Mercenary (Forgetful, Past Lives)
Conquestor: Mr. Hoid- Absentminded Prophet (Joker, Forgetful, Prophetic)
Silverblade5: Ryth- Former Guard (Gollum)
Magestar: Carmichael- High Roller (Narcissist, Compulsive Gambler)
Arraenae: Nicki- Noblewomen Researching Inquisitors (Theorist)
Straw: Vomit- Messenger (Mistwraiths Ate My Parents, Gossip)
Doc12: Rin- Metallurgist (Tinker, Neat)
Hemalurgic_Headshot: Joe- Beggar/Former Band Member/Cook? (Useless, Cook)
Araris Valerian: Aralis- Grumpy Elderly Man (Elderly, Cynic, Bearer of a Large Thwacking Staff)
Droughtbringer: Drought- Blind Man (Handicapped [Blind])
Stink: Various- Split Personality Mistborn (Insanity)
Ecthelion III: No Name- Retired Gentleman (Elderly) Village Soother
Kipper: Kip Pikker- Traveling Bard (Narcissist)
TheMightyLopen: Sothe- Thief (Unlucky)
Madagascar: Matilda- Mad Cat Lady (Drunk)
Dalinar Kholin: Reginald Canuck- Polite Wayne (Kleptomaniac)
Drake Marshall: Felix- Traveller (Survivor Priest, Scholarly)
Bugsy6912: Annix- Terrisman Scholor (Scholor, Terrisman, Hobbyist)
Gamma Fiend: Grumbles- Innkeeper (Insanity)
Little Wilson: Whistler- Shopkeeper (Neat, Compulsive Gambler, Hobbyist)
Sart: Sart- Trickster (High Imperial)
Orlock Tsubodai: Locke Tekiel- Nobleman (Nobleman)
Wonko the Sane: Abundance Org (Organization)
Elbereth: El- Apprentice Apothecary (Hopeful Orphan, Past Lives)

Edited by Alvron

Well. I guessh that wash my fault. My shofthearted deshire to try to help shumeone not get lynched ended up reshulting in shoeone getting lynched.

1 minute ago, Arraenae said:

Why are PMs closed?

Madagascar, who asked for you to make a tie on Dalinar?

Dalinar. Naively I hoped that votin' fer a tie would actually make a tie. Naturally, all it will take is for him to be a Shpiked for me to feel like even more of a jerk, sho that'll probably be the cashe.

Well, that's a troll move Meta. :Applause:

Do we want a coinshot to kill Hemalurgic_Headshot or Dalinar? They were important parts of the lynch discussion last cycle.

Also, i vote we have a lurcher protect Wilson tonight. (Me saying that outloud protects her just as much as an actual lurcher. Hehehe)

Okay, so, here's what I think the votes looked like before vote manipulation happened.

Dalinar(4): Elenion, Arraenae, Ecthelion, Doc,
Ecthelion(4): Straw, Hemalurgic, Dalinar, Madagascar

Here's the votes after:

Dalinar(3): Elenion, Arraenae, Ecthelion (Doc's vote is moved)
Ecthelion(4): Straw, Dalinar, Madagascar, Doc(moved here) (Hemalurgic's vote was removed, I'm guessing by Ecthelion)

So a Rioter moved Doc's vote. Gimme a minute to look over all of the voters, but I think it must have been one of the non voters, because I didn't notice anyone's vote missing.

2 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Okay, so, here's what I think the votes looked like before vote manipulation happened.

Dalinar(4): Elenion, Arraenae, Ecthelion, Doc,
Ecthelion(4): Straw, Hemalurgic, Dalinar, Madagascar

Here's the votes after:

Dalinar(3): Elenion, Arraenae, Ecthelion (Doc's vote is moved)
Ecthelion(4): Straw, Dalinar, Madagascar, Doc(moved here) (Hemalurgic's vote was removed, I'm guessing by Ecthelion)

So a Rioter moved Doc's vote. Gimme a minute to look over all of the voters, but I think it must have been one of the non voters, because I didn't notice anyone's vote missing.

Assuming it was a nonvoter, should we try to get everyone to vote tommorow, to ensure less Shenanigans with the voting? Or at least, more obvious Shenanigans?

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

5 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

3 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Assuming it was a nonvoter, should we try to get everyone to vote tommorow, to ensure less Shenanigans with the voting? Or at least, more obvious Shenanigans?

Couldn't HH have just been a Rioter? That would mean Ecth didn't activate his manip, though...

Just now, Elenion said:

Couldn't HH have just been a Rioter? That would mean Ecth didn't activate his manip, though...

That could very well be true, but your brother was online in the last hours of the turn.

(Also, you voting for Dalinar is the only reason I'm not accusing you of being spiked here and now, mr lynches his brother as a Dark brotherhood assassin.(I'm watching you Elenion.))

4 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

That would be fine with me. I would suggest a Coinshot/Mistborn attacks Dalinar. He's obviously not the Rioter. More on this later when I've got the time.

Just now, Elenion said:

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that initially, but it seems much more likely that Ecth used his power on Hemalurgic, IMO.

3 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

(Also, you voting for Dalinar is the only reason I'm not accusing you of being spiked here and now, mr lynches his brother as a Dark brotherhood assassin.(I'm watching you Elenion.))

Even if I hadn't voted on him, that still wouldn't make me a Spiked. I helped D1 lynch him in one game; that was the only role I have played in any of his D1 deaths. Hardly a track record for getting him killed off.

Okay, finally have the time to type out my thoughts on what just happened. First, we know that a vote was Rioted from Dalinar to Ecthelion. It's also extremely likely that Ecthelion cancelled Hemalurgic's vote, or else Hemalurgic is our anonymous Rioter.

So, there's a couple things we can learn from this. 1. The Rioter was almost definitely online when the vote switched from Hemalurgic/Dalinar to Ecthelion/Dalinar. 2. They preferred to use vote manipulation rather than using their actual vote. It'd be one thing if they'd gone to Dalinar in a PM and told him they were gonna do so, so that he could even out the votes with that in mind. But it's clear that isn't what happened, since he apparently asked Madagascar to even out the votes. Or if they wanted to tie it up but they were already voting so they said something in the thread, but that obviously didn't happen. 3. I also looked through all of the other voters and none of the votes were removed, so the Rioter was definitely one of the no-voters.

I've gone back through the no-voters online times and here are the players who I'm pretty sure were online during that 30 minute period: Joe(although he initially voted on Dalinar, so I'm inclined to think he isn't the Rioter), Nyali(pretty sure she was online, but not 100% positive because she was online after the Day ended as well, so the timestamp of when she was last on doesn't help much), Herowannabe(same as Nyali I think), Silverblade(same as Nyali and Hero), Lopen(I'm not the Rioter. Not exactly proof, but I did help the lynch on Dalinar, though I eventually removed my vote. >>), and Wonko(he was last online just a few minutes after Dalinar switched his vote to Ecthelion).

So my top suspects for the Rioter are Nyali, Hero, Silverblade, and Wonko. I think Nyali would be my first guess, due to me already suspecting her and Dalinar semi-defended her while also saying she was a little suspicious while the others didn't have much, if any, contact with Dalinar(though Wonko voted on Hemalurgic late which broke the tie between him and Dalinar - not sure if that makes me suspect him more or less because I think the Spiked would have been fine with a tie, tbh, assuming all of this was because of Spiked).

Whew. Anyways, all of that has me almost positive that Dalinar is Spiked, which is why I'm asking for a Coinshot/Mistborn to attack him tonight.

3 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

So my top suspects for the Rioter are Nyali, Hero, Silverblade, and Wonko. I think Nyali would be my first guess, due to me already suspecting her and Dalinar semi-defended her while also saying she was a little suspicious while the others didn't have much, if any, contact with Dalinar(though Wonko voted on Hemalurgic late which broke the tie between him and Dalinar - not sure if that makes me suspect him more or less because I think the Spiked would have been fine with a tie, tbh, assuming all of this was because of Spiked).

*drops cat on Lopen's head*

I bin feelin' sho bad about me part in Ecth'sh untimely death, I had dun pretty much given up for a bit on bein' o' any help to thish village for a bit... It'sh jusht like the village I lasht been in, where everyone been like go away cosh no one likesh me, and the village before that where they hid all me catsh an' made me go lookin' for them, and before that there wash that village where I accidentally tripped up the Mayor'sh son wif me catsh and got chashed away, an' the one before that they tied me ter a footshtool an' threw me in the river... bashically I bin getting chashed outta an average o' one village every two weeksh for about eighty yearsh. I think I'm curshed. Right, ummm,  where wash I?

Long shtory short, I feel bad fer votin' fer Ecth and deeply regret my decision, despite my good intentionsh. However, I think thish ol' woman may shtill be able to find redemption... I have thingsh to get off me back (beshidesh all theshe catsh), but if there'sh one thing this old woman has learned here, it'sh to think before shpeakin'... I have a lot to chew over, and I ain't got ash many teeth ash I ushed to.

His lordship up at the manor didn't want to see me, that was made plain clear to me. Didn't want to see anyone, as a matter of fact. I grilled his butler for the details, but the guy wouldn't crack. Never said anything about his lord even stepping outside of the place for a stroll in the garden, let alone a secret trip to murder someone. Laid low with a cold, he said. Seemed unbelievable that it'd happen now of all times. I'd trust a Terrisman not to lie though, not like this. Did make me suspicious, but not about the lord. Might be he was being made to be sick, some poisons could do that. But I'm no doctor, I couldn't just physic him back to health with a snap of my fingers. So for the time being, I had to pursue other lines of inquiry.

Of course, the village seemed happy to give me them. I came back into town to find an old man swinging from the gibbet, all beaten and bloody. Tensions were high, I knew that, but high enough to kill a defenceless elderly person? Hell, we could've stuck him in bed with the lordship, maybe the cold'd have done our job for us. But too late now. I guess the guy should have been killed by the old laws anyway, being a Soother. Didn't fancy the idea of the Inquisition paying a visit to our fair town. But that would've been all lawful, this was an act of murder, no matter which way you looked at it.

The law dictated that I should hang those responsible for what they did to him. Asking around, seemed it was done all democratically. Can you imagine? We overthrow the lords and ladies that pushed us down into the mud by right of birth, and the first thing we do with that freedom is kill each other. It hurt to think it, and I'd never said it, but maybe we were better off under The Lord Ruler. At least he kept the world running and didn't blight our crops or cover the skies in a choking, creeping darkness. Maybe we should be cursing the Survivor, not praising him.

Seemed the controversy, as it were, was about a guy being a bit of a smooth talker. Reginald, his name was. I knew him a bit; run into him a few times, sometimes literally. He was a petty thief, but ever so nice about it when I did catch him. “Sorry, Mister Sharpe,” he'd say. “Won't happen again, Mister Sharpe,” “Can you put that knife down please, Mister Sharpe, I'm rather attached to those parts and would like to remain attached to them.” Nice guy, for a crook. Never hurt anyone when he stole stuff. Guess it made sense that people would suspect him, considering he was a part of the village's underbelly. Even if they didn't, they might just be pleased to hang him. Just in case.

But again, despite what the law said, I didn't feel like he deserved death for it. Everything seemed to be different, these days. The law was solid as steel on punishments for these guys, but I didn't want to follow through. Hadn't followed through with Reginald before, wasn't going to start now. I could understand why they did it, I guess. Fear brings out these rash actions in people. Hell, if I was still here when it was going on, I might've been one of them. I guess I had my own laws to follow, and they were telling me something different this time.

I didn't feel like Reginald's escape-artist act itself was incriminating though. You can't blame a guy for not wanting to die. Sure, a few of the people who pointed the finger at him had some good points from what I heard, but not wanting to die? I can get behind that. Rather partial to life myself. Perhaps now, he'd be a bit more of an upstanding member of the community, help find the real guys responsible, and maybe cut down on the thievery. Or it was a ploy, and he was the guilty party. Either way, I was sure we'd find out soon enough, either by the noose or by a coin.

Ugh.  Sorry, Ecth.  I wish I had been on for rollover.  :(  Dying D1 is the worst.

To me, it looks like someone wanted to keep Dalinar alive.  I'd be more suspicious of him if I didn't have a bad gut read on Lopen, who also seems to think he's suspicious.  Either way, I do think it'd be good for a coinshot to kill him tonight, even if only to get information.

Carmichael had finally, after a long explanation to the cooks, escaped the Manor.  It had taken a while, but in the end, his awesome powers of persuasion had won through.  The cooks had let him go, and had given him a loaf of bread.  He was, in fact, unsure what to do with a loaf of bread, but it's the thought that counts.  Now he was wandering the streets, free at last.  He heard some people talking, and slowed down to listen.  He gasped in surprise at what he heard.  The old man had died!?  Who would want to kill him?  Perhaps someone had heard about his strange abilities...  Harrumph.  Carmichael growled in frustration.  He'd get to the bottom of this.  He looked down at his hands, then shrugged.  But first, he'd have to get rid of this loaf of bread.  And possibly do some gambling.  And maybe get something to eat.  Something, preferably, that didn't contain flour, or onions.

If anyone wants to take Carmichael's loaf of bread,  that'd be great. :P