But still, *facepalm*

Also, to those of you who have been calling me out want more explanation/analysis out of me- I would love to oblige but the soonest I will possibly be able to do so is sometime on Sunday (about 60 hours from this post). Sorry. Some Contribution Crusader, huh? :(

If you decide to lynch me- or if the Corps decide to kill me- that would actually be really nice, just so I have a bit more free time IRL. But if you do keep me alive I promise I will start giving more input and analysis to this game just as soon as I'm able too.

Very well, Hero. Orlok, this cycle is the second time you have been in opposition to the latest corp kill at some point. (You voted against Bridge Boy cycle 1, then removed it, and I remember your name came up last cycle somehow in relation to whoever was killed, can't remember off the top of my head) Not voting yet, but one has to wonder...

Very well, Hero. Orlok, this cycle is the second time you have been in opposition to the latest corp kill at some point. (You voted against Bridge Boy cycle 1, then removed it, and I remember your name came up last cycle somehow in relation to whoever was killed, can't remember off the top of my head) Not voting yet, but one has to wonder...

Ripple, would you care to explain how my opposition to an individual who was later killed incriminates me?

Why would I make a habit, as an eliminator of killing those I'd interacted with, providing the village with lots of information linking me directly to the kill?

I'm sorry, Ripple, but this feels like an attempt to make kills incriminating me, and then, when no one says anything, try to force discussion onto it.

In response to the topic of swearing oaths that came up yesterday, I've discussed with Meta and Gamma about it and we've concluded that if you want to make an oath on Sanderson's grave or your first edition copy of Elantris or anything else, feel free, but it shouldn't be taken into consideration any more than someone claiming they're a specific role. If you choose to trust someone swearing an oath to you, that's your decision, but know that this is a game of deception, lies, and manipulation and there are a great many players that embrace that fully.

QF 10 Cycle 5: A Dance With Danger

Everyone had spent five days and nights slaving away at the river. Lady Abigail decided to give them all a break and throw a party. She'd worked pretty hard, spending some of her hard earned cash to get it together, but it was there.

She wore a silk dress and fluttered among the guests. Eyes were glued to her. There were other girls too, though nobody was quite sure where they came from. 

The party raged and the miners got drunk. 

Soon accusations were flying. Abigail frowned- that wasn't how she wanted this party to go. She decided to join in, a tiny bit. Besides, she was suspicious of Nabs. She accused Nabs, but eventually changed her mind. This was a party, after all.

"Stinky, over there!" Nifergo shouted. "We should just get rid of you!" Stinky moved to dance with Abigail. He stepped on her toes. Ouch. He was terrible at dancing! Oh well. She supposed not everyone was great at it.

"I'm inclined to agree," said Joel as he took the next dance.

Stinky moved to flee, but then he tripped over his nice clothes. Abigail frowned.

While most of the miners went to hunt down Stinky and eventually throw him out the same window poor Kipper had been thrown out of, Lopen stayed behind. He danced quite awfully, but his dance partner ignored it.

The Miners got distracted again and few returned to the party.

Then Lopen's dance partner pulled out a knife and stabbed Lopen in the side.

The dancer vanished. 

They found both Stink's body and Lopen's. 

STINK was a Miner.
Lopen was a Miner with a Metal Detector!

Buying items is now added to the order of actions just after the Pan for Atium and before the Metal Detector.

Player List:

1. Shallan, Cation Vinid
2. Alvom, the Wanderer (guy who wants a Shard)
3. Phattmer, Exisa (a guy who claims he's a "coinshot" with a gun)
4. STINK (a guy) Miner
5. Nabs (a guy with a complicated backstory)
6. The Pooh with a name (a guy, I think)
7. Doctor McNinja (a guy with a history of multiple quick fixes) Miner with a Larger Pan
8. Joe, Joel Tormander (a mistborn guy)
9. Lami Willen
10. Orlok, Locke 
11. Ripple, Lady Abigail (a lady)
12. Venture, Maximus (a guy) Miner
13. Bridgeboy. Slade (a guy who's a mercenary) Miner
14. Downax, Dow (a guy)
15. Alvron, Swift (a Steelrunner guy)
16. Feligon, Nifergo (a scoundrel guy, I think)
17. Kipper, Kipper (a guy in the band, Kipper and the Cryptics) Miner with a Mercenary
18. a smart guy, Surtile (a guy who follows the path and is also very smart)
20. Lopen, Lopen (a guy who's a fan of THE Lopen) Miner with Metal Detector
21. polking horn, Rel'Dan (guy who's a poacher)
22. Paranoid King, Tommy (a guy who wants another guy dead)

25 atium in the pool.

Alvron: STINK
Polking: PK
STINK: Feligon, Joe

Lopen: Mailliw
Ripple: Orlok 

Edited by Alvron

Orlok, can you please explain your thoughts? You literally just accused me with no reasoning behind it. If it's my activity, I can only get on at certain times, and I don't like making uneducated votes. Is it simply because I'm suspicious of you? Is it because I was mentioned in the writeup?

Anyways, I'll try to analyze once I'm off of mobile.

Very well, just got the chance to look at it. I am simply trying to figure out why the eliminators are killing who they are, and your name popped up both times. I also lack the time to read everything going on, and I hope to get on more tomorrow. However, the connections to you could mean nothing, hence me not voting just yet. I'm just trying to analyze as best as I can.

Also, what are your thoughts, Maill? Why are you voting for me?

Another thing: I am one of those who told joe that I started with a medkit. Since then, I have given it to someone, who I presume doesn't know they have it.

Edited by RippleGylf

Limiting my eliminator kill analysis to the last cycle, Lopen actually didn't post much, which leads me to believe that most of our active members are eliminators and we're pretty much doomed. Voting for Orlok, for aforementioned reasons.

Also noting that Alvron is both active and alive, despite being known as a good player which would make him a target of the eliminators. So, I guess he's one too.

Edited by RippleGylf

Well, so Ripple seems a bit suspect because of what they brought up about Orlok. I'm not too sure what I think about that. Part of the way that I look for eliminators is connections like that. On the other hand, just those two instances aren't a very large sample and pointing something like that out this early in the game prevents any more connections that are similar from being created, since if eliminators really are behind it then there isn't very much evidence and they can just avoid making that same mistake again.. So overall I don't judge the actions of Ripple to be as in line with the village as they could be.

Something that I would like to note: Joe, you said that since 6 atium was panned, that we could assume that 12 people were panning. But you didn't take into account the upgraded pan. So I suspect that even more people used items that turn rather than panning. But you also would need to take into account that some people probably forgot actions or were buying things.

Edit: I think it is bad logic to say that since an experienced player is alive they must be an eliminator. I mean, I have been involved in SE for over a year, so I think that makes me experienced. But that sort of reasoning is why people like Wilson can't enjoy these games as much as us. There has been a bit of discussion about leaving experienced players alive recently, so I don't want to make any assumptions along those lines.

Edited by Araris Valerian

Well, looks like you guys are intent on killing me, so once you find out I'm a villager after I'm dead, would you please kill Orlok for me? Might not get to post again this cycle. (or game, probably)

I don't really have time to do much right now, but I will bandwagon on Ripple because I don't think he would survive even if I vote otherwise.  I am leaving for a camping trip in about 15 min and won't have internet until Sunday.  Sorry for not being active

Ripple, I'm afraid it doesn't quite work like that. if you are a villager, and I instigated your lynch, it does not by definition make me and eliminator.

I could just as easily, as would in fact be the case, be a villager who quite simply made a mistake.

Consistency. If we were to apply the logic that player a started the lynch on player b, and player b turns out innocent so player a must be guilty, we'd have had to have killed half our active players already so far. And no one will ever suggest a lynch again, for fear of being wrong, and lynched for their mistake.

I legitimately believe you to he an eliminator.

I have other suspicions, and will continue to monitor them, but I remain resolute, and keep my vote on you.

I'm just trying to do my best to analyze. It is entirely possible that my assumptions are wrong.

My current suspicions:

Orlok: The connections, in part, and also his knee-jerk response. You could have just refuted my analysis, you didn't need to start a lynch train on me. I already had my suspicions before you started this, I just didn't want to act on such limited data. I legitimately believe that you are an eliminator.

Hero: The contribution crusade for the most part. It hasn't helped. Its use in MR8 really mostly helped the conspirators, as most of them were active, and saved me (a conspirator) from being lynched. Of course, I died shortly thereafter, but it still benefited the eliminators, leading to their win.

Alvron: His playstyle is apparently a lot different this game, as in more active. It's not exactly that he's still alive, it's the combination of the two. Of course, now that I've said this, the eliminators might leave him alone for a while. That's the problem with open analysis. The eliminators change their plans accordingly.

To be honest, I think we've pretty much lost already. We haven't killed any, there are 15 of us left, soon to be 13. About a third of those left will be the corps.

Also, polking? Joining the bandwagon for my atium? My pretty much nonexistent atium? Without your vote, it would be tied right now. I really don't like this last come, first served atium shenanigans.