Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

25 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

The charge is possibly being evil, and forgetting to put in the kill. 

Hmm, I could see this as scum trying to frame one of the low activity players but it doesn't make sense to not just kill a more useful player. If we are still going to thunderdome between me and Szeth then I guess Szeth

5 hours ago, Azmine_king said:

Hmm, I could see this as scum trying to frame one of the low activity players but it doesn't make sense to not just kill a more useful player. If we are still going to thunderdome between me and Szeth then I guess Szeth

I guess to give more of a reason - as of those three you’d be my top pick as well - why did you join in the Tani vote from inactivity? I don’t remember if you joined in on Drake (or TUO, but mainly Drake) but there you were for Tani.

Also I’d rather avoid that thunderdome. I wouldn’t be too surprised if we don’t get an Urbosa claim (at least publicly) but I want to do more actual-analysis first because I want actual things to talk about in future cycles besides “Whoops guess another one just gave up in the face of certain doom.” We’ve got 4 dead Elims to work with, and I can stop worrying about metagaming about there having to be an Elim in the four (Edit: Six, not Four) Zelda server new players… but it’s 1:00 AM (yay closing shift) so that will be tomorrow/later today after a long rest.

Fun Fact: evidently a Knight’s redirect won’t redirect to the original target, but it also won’t redirect to the Knight or the original ability user. So for purplewhiteandgold to have died via Elim kill, E1 would have had to put in the kill while E2Knight redirected on the target of the kill, and then it would have been a 1/10 chance to kill the last Elim (purple). And that’s assuming 6 total Elims (two now) which I think is fair.

I wonder if E!Knight instead redirected Link from E1 to purple…

Edited by Ashbringer

46 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Fun Fact: evidently a Knight’s redirect won’t redirect to the original target, but it also won’t redirect to the Knight or the original ability user. So for purplewhiteandgold to have died via Elim kill, E1 would have had to put in the kill while E2Knight redirected on the target of the kill, and then it would have been a 1/10 chance to kill the last Elim (purple). And that’s assuming 6 total Elims (two now) which I think is fair.

I wonder if E!Knight instead redirected Link from E1 to purple…

There would have to be serious miscommunication for the elims to use a knight redirect on the same person they were trying to kill. Link getting redirected to purple is possible, but still wouldn't explain why the elim kill is missing.

This is just me kind of not understanding how to play again, but can someone explain why the elims had to make a kill? Is it just suspicious that they didn't? You all keep mentioning the missing kill and I'm afraid I don't understand why they'd need to. Isn't it a good thing that they didn't? Doesn't it give us a better chance of winning, since they didn't kill any of us?

Sure it gives us a better chance of winning, but in my opinion it just doesn’t make much sense. Why wouldn’t they put in a kill? They know who the village is, and they have to keep taking us out if they want to win. So why didn’t they? Figuring out why though is something we should know, because it helps inform us of which roles are on which side, which is very important information when it comes to sealing the deal for the village win.

Elims have just not put in kills before (either from forgetting or choosing), so it is possible. But unlikely, considering there were 1) at least 2 Elims alive, 2) at this point the Elims win when they kill Link, and 3) I'm pretty sure the only protective role left in the game is the Elim Knight. So there's not really any downside to just taking a potshot at someone.

It's curious. I'll see if I can do something with it.

13 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I guess to give more of a reason - as of those three you’d be my top pick as well - why did you join in the Tani vote from inactivity? I don’t remember if you joined in on Drake (or TUO, but mainly Drake) but there you were for Tani.

Because I happened to be checking thread when it happened, I read back and voting her made the most sense.

2 hours ago, kaylakrue said:

This is just me kind of not understanding how to play again, but can someone explain why the elims had to make a kill? Is it just suspicious that they didn't? You all keep mentioning the missing kill and I'm afraid I don't understand why they'd need to. Isn't it a good thing that they didn't? Doesn't it give us a better chance of winning, since they didn't kill any of us?

It’s rare for them not to kill since their win depends on them killing enough of us to outnumber us usually (this game is a little different, but there’s still no good reason I know of for them not to kill). It’s weird, and usually points to inactives, or someone blocking it, or a weird situation we might be able to suss out.

19 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

Because I happened to be checking thread when it happened, I read back and voting her made the most sense.

Hmm.

Why did you want a Durian at the start?

Also, I'll throw this out for now.

Spoiler

D1:

Pyro (4): Kas, Illwei, Szeth_Pancakes, Stick
Kas (1): Steel
TUO (1): TJ
Steel (1): Drake
Araris (1): Matrim's Dice
Archer (1): purple
TJ (1): Araris
Ash (1): Archer

D2:

Stick (4): Ashbringer, Steeldancer, purplewhiteandgold, Tani
Drake (4): Matrim's Dice, Archer, Devotary, TJ
Szeth_Pancakes (2): DrakeMarshall, WhiffleWaffles
Ashbringer (1): Araris Valerian
Steeldancer (1): Jondesu
TJ (1): Stick
Tani (1): Alvron

D3:

TUO (11): Ashbringer, Archer, Dannex, Szeth_Pancakes, Devotary, Random Bystander, WhiffleWaffles, attic_gremlin, YeetAroundABush, purplewhiteandgold, quillinthestars
DrakeMarshall (2): Steeldancer, TJ
Tani (2): DrakeMarshall, Tani

D4:

DrakeMarshall (10): Ashbringer, Azmine_king, Archer, Szeth_Pancakes, Steeldancer, Devotary of Spontaneity, Jondesu, attic_gremlin, YeetAroundABush, purplewhiteandgold
Szeth_Pancakes (1): DrakeMarshall

D5:

Tani (7): Ashbringer, Azmine_king, Devotary of Spontaneity, Jondesu, WhiffleWaffles, attic_gremlin, purplewhiteandgold

I have some people I trust, which I might edit in, but this is what's flipped so far. 

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Why did you want a Durian at the start?

It was the most useful item to me and the least scummy

Blue Nightshade - Scummy

Mighty Bananas - Less scummy but didn't feel like it would be that useful

Tireless Frog - Im vanilla so no use to me

Lightning Rod - Probably would do more harm than good if it was 1-shot for town

Electric Safflina - Scummy

Swift Carrot - Scummy

Hearty Durian - 1 extra life doesn't hurt

For those interested:
Known Elim voting patterns.
Day 1:
Araris voted for : Ash, Azmine, TJ
Drake voted for : Azmine, Stick, Pyro, Steel
Wei voted for : TJ, Pyro
Purple voted for : Archer

Day 2:
Araris voted for : Ash
Drake voted for : Szeth
Purple voted for : Stick

Day 3:
Drake voted for : TJ, Tani
Purple voted for:  TUO

Day 4:
Drake voted for : Szeth
Purple voted for : Drake

Those whom voted on now known elims:
Day 1:
Voted on Araris : Mat
Voted on Drake : Kas, Tani
Voted on Wei : Steel, Kas
Voted on Purple : Archer

Day 2:
Voted on Araris : Mat
Voted on Drake : TJ, Devotary, Mat, Archer
No votes on Purple

Day 3: (Bandwagon on TUO so not overly useful)
Voted on Drake : TJ, Steel
No votes on Purple

Day 4:
Those that didn't vote on Drake: kayla, Alvron, Random Bystander, quillinthestars
Those that voted on Drake then removed votes : Waffles, Tani

Day 5:
No one voted on Purple

In light of what I know of Araris and Drake, I'm voting for Azmine.  Voting on a fellow elim is standard practice and the best time to do it is Day 1 when it's easiest to explain away a random vote.

Please note, I would've spoilered but they don't seem to be working right for me at this point.

Huh. Remember when Illwei said someone in the doc told her to kill Kas? More likely for that to be a gambit at this point, but it's something that Illwei either decided to or accidentally did.

We had:

On with Illwei: Matrim, TUO, Ashbringer, Archer, Dannex, Szeth, Steel, TJ, Devotary, Stick, purplewhiteandgold, Tani.

Not on with Illwei: Azmine, Araris, Jondesu, Alvron, Drake, RandBy, whiffle, attic, Yeet, quill

I'm not sure if purplewhiteandgold would suggest that to Illwei. But the remnants of those that are on are Ashbringer, Szeth, Steel, and Devotary. None of which I really want to exe here, for various reasons. But 2/3 Elims proving to be in the second category is interesting.

Anyone have another target other than Azmine? If it's just the Village vs the Elims taking potshots at each other, the Village is probably going to lose that. No Urbosa claim so nothing there, so going after a night inactive isn't the worst shot.

@Ashbringer @Azmine_king@Szeth_Pancakes @Steeldancer@kaylakrue @Devotary of Spontaneity @Jondesu @Alvron @WhiffleWaffles @attic_gremlin @YeetAroundABush @quillinthestars Here is your ~11.5 hour reminder to get any actions and votes in before the turn closes!

Also, here’s a current VC (forgive me if there’s any formatting issues, I’m on mobile and too tired to get on my laptop :P

Azmine_king (3): Ashbringer, Steeldancer, Alvron

Szeth_Pancakes (1): Azmine_king

Man there’s gotta be a way to get rid of that empty space on mobile…. :P

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Anyone have another target other than Azmine? If it's just the Village vs the Elims taking potshots at each other, the Village is probably going to lose that. No Urbosa claim so nothing there, so going after a night inactive isn't the worst shot.

I'm not entirely sure who I will be voting for. I'm really stuck back on that PM between Tani and Szeth that was set up by Drake. Tani was an vanilla Hyrulean. Does anyone have any additional thoughts about this since that cycle? It could've been a e/v, or v/v. But why would Drake set up a PM with an v/v when they were a Yiga Postman. However, Szeth is on vacation at the moment and I feel like it's a terrible idea to put them on the spot until they get back and can give us more information. 

I don't really see the point of exing Az. It relies too much on purple failing to submit a kill order despite no kill being submitted as of ~8 hours before rollover, which was when her last post N5 was. Even Szeth seems like a better option, although making a v/v PM is still useful if the postman's alignment or that of the participants is later revealed, or one member of that PM suddenly starts knowing secret information.

I feel like e!Ash would have remembered that Urbosa's roleblock is out there if that's what happened, although otherwise I'm not feeling as good about him. I don't suppose anyone knows whether Ash was around during the night, but I'll assume he was. Steel is another possibility, but a lot of that is from his vote for Stick D2 and at that time Drake only had one vote so it's not really protecting him. I think I'll vote for Steeldancer at this point, but might change.

2 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I don't really see the point of exing Az. It relies too much on purple failing to submit a kill order despite no kill being submitted as of ~8 hours before rollover, which was when her last post N5 was. Even Szeth seems like a better option, although making a v/v PM is still useful if the postman's alignment or that of the participants is later revealed, or one member of that PM suddenly starts knowing secret information.

I feel like e!Ash would have remembered that Urbosa's roleblock is out there if that's what happened, although otherwise I'm not feeling as good about him. I don't suppose anyone knows whether Ash was around during the night, but I'll assume he was. Steel is another possibility, but a lot of that is from his vote for Stick D2 and at that time Drake only had one vote so it's not really protecting him. I think I'll vote for Steeldancer at this point, but might change.

Yeah... I mean I explained why I made that vote (although it looks awful in hindsight, given that I became suspicious of Drake later on). IRL circumstances led to a severe lack of time and I just wanted to solidify a lynch. 

I disagree that Szeth is a better lynch right now. I don't like lynching people who can't get on. And you do make a good point, why wouldn't purple have just submitted the kill themselves? Unless there was a role block taken last night. If anyone did a role block last night, you probably messed up the elims so, idk, speak up? We need to share our info on this sort of thing. 

The castle was as quiet as its occupants.

It was as if the boards refused to creak, the stone refused to settle, the flames refused to flicker. Stillness, solitude, anxious quietness. Savia could hear her heartbeat louder than anything else.

The castle's occupants--what remained of them--had barricaded themselves in their bedrooms, refusing entry to anyone else. Savia didn't have that luxury. She still had a job to do, though there was much less to clean now that the castle saw less activity. For that, she was grateful.

Savia passed the throne room, what was now the judgement hall. The doors were closed save for a small crack that let a small twinkle of golden light into the dark hall.

Someone screamed. She squeezed her eyes shut.

How many more? How many more will die before we solve this?

She peaked through the crack in time to see the guards seize the man on the floor. Azmine. She'd seen him around, though he was quiet. What had he even done to arouse suspicion?

Head bent, feet dragging, he deflated and let the guards drag him from the throne room.

Savia pulled back from the door, tears welling up unbidden. She blinked them away.

I have to leave.

The thought hit her as if it had always been there, just covered by a hazy film that kept her from realizing it. What was the point, the use, of staying here? It was a death trap. Surely, she would be up for execution soon, and no money she had made would save her family from that devastation.

I will leave.

char(81)char(85)char(73)char(69)char(84)  

Azmine_king has been removed! They were a Hyrulean.

Azmine_king (3): Ashbringer, Steeldancer, Alvron
Szeth_Pancakes (1): Azmine_king
Steeldancer (1): Devotary of Spontaneity

This turn will end at 9:30 AM CDT on July 10th.

@attic_gremlin This is an inactivity filter warning. If you do not post this turn, you will be removed or replaced.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Matrim's Dice Hyrulean Mipha
  2. Kasimir Hyrulean Beedle
  3. The Unknown Order - Hyrulean
  4. @Ashbringer - Faleast and AraRaash, who will certainly find a way to keep each other busy while stuck in a strange dimension.
  5. Azmine_king - Hyrulean
  6. Archer Hyrulean Sheikah
  7. Dannex - Hyrulean Sheikah
  8. @Szeth_Pancakes - Earl, a knight(?)
  9. @Steeldancer - Linebeck, swindler, salesman, local hero
  10. Araris Valerian Yiga King Rhoam
  11. @kaylakrue
  12. |TJ| - Princess Zelda
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Kele, ex-Yiga, a bit confused but has the spirit
  14. _Stick_ - Hyrulean
  15. Illwei Master Kohga
  16. @Jondesu - Cimu
  17. @Alvron - Jamut Whitemane, no idea what's going on
  18. DrakeMarshall Yiga Postman
  19. The Young Pyromancer - Hyrulean Knight
  20. Random Bystander Hyrulean
  21. @WhiffleWaffles - Sagessa, she's pretty cool
  22. @attic_gremlin - Horatio Archibald Stibbons, Hyrule Castle's elusive, mustachioed butler
  23. @YeetAroundABush - Nott Yigah, from the esteemed and most noble house of Yigah
  24. purplewhiteandgold Yiga
  25. Tani - Hyrulean
  26. @quillinthestars - Conepine, he's... he's just a pinecone cat

Edited by Biplet

Okay...

I'm going to go on a limb and say we need to talk more.

We should still have Urbosa and Revali doing things. Urbosa, if you RB'd someone last night try RB'ing them again. There's probably only 1-2 Elims left and I wouldn't be too surprised if one is inactive or inactive-ish, but if you think there are 2 actives they'll probably have the other put in the kill if you did RB it, so... depends what you think. Revali, you do you, just don't out Link.

Link, I'd advise caution. E!Revali is possible, and V!Revali could find you killing a Villager and not be able to tell your kill from an Elim kill. Plus... well, I'll hold off on that.

For now, what do we got? 11 people, one confirmed Villager who can't die, 1-2(-3?) Elims, and the rest Villagers. Link, Urbosa, Revali, Daruk, Postman, E!Knight. Maybe more. I've got some trusts but I've never liked discussing those at night (or in the day tbh, but especially night).

Unfortunately at this point, as in many games I remember we've killed most of the talkative players, leaving us with just a few talkers and a bunch of... Not talkers? 

Anyway I don't really have anything to say other than it's unfortunate that Azimine wasn't an elim. I wonder what actually happened last night. 

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

Same bro... Although I also hate possibly getting balance off and letting the players break the game to all damnation and back. 

But that’s half the fun!

furiously avoids looking at the fact that Beedle and Zelda died very early on