Mid Range 50: The Northern Wind II

DeTess

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Throwing shade on me for asking you whether or not you were brigged? Because thats so different than gears outing you, and less useful because of course no one was thinking abiut how an Elim investigator wouldnt need to know alignments, so theyd scan someone once and move on.

*sigh* sorry, not shade, should have clarified. I'm just frustrated that you had to ask that, since everyone else seemed to get that doing so would put me in a rather awkward situation. Felt like I couldn't not answer, so... yeah.

Just now, Quintessential said:

*sigh* sorry, not shade, should have clarified. I'm just frustrated that you had to ask that, since everyone else seemed to get that doing so would put me in a rather awkward situation. Felt like I couldn't not answer, so... yeah.

How though? It doesnt make a difference whether you were brigged or not, which i still stand by that its just as dangerous to be brigged as to not be brigged. 

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I recall before you started playing a game here, you were stalking my profile and commenting on how I sounded different over here. 

You act different but your meta stays the same for the most part, this is what I mostly collected from the LG.

Illwei

Just now, Illwei said:

How though? It doesnt make a difference whether you were brigged or not, which i still stand by that its just as dangerous to be brigged as to not be brigged. 

Yes, it does make a difference. Not because of danger to me, but because of danger to the people I scan. For example:

Let's say I'd refused to say whether I was brigged or not this cycle. Since I was willing to say last cycle, that implies that I wasn't brigged this cycle (which I wasn't). Since I scanned Gears first cycle, it would make most sense for me to also have scanned Gears this cycle (which I did). And since I didn't immediately say Gears was elim, that means Gears is village. (on the assumption that I'm village, that is. If I were elim, it would mean I was scanning other people and didn't want to say so). 

Since anyone could make that leap of logic, and some people probably would, it paints a target on Gears's back because suddenly there's more reason for villagers to trust him. As does me saying I was able to scan, but not saying who I scanned, or saying that I scanned Gears, but not giving away the result (which is practically the same as saying he's village :P). 

5 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

You act different but your meta stays the same for the most part, this is what I mostly collected from the LG.

Illwei

Note that we interacted more in the LG because of PMs

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Yes, it does make a difference. Not because of danger to me

Theres going to be reasons to kill a lot of people sooner or later. Sure dont share or whatnot, but I dont think it matters too much. Idk. Their choice to kill Jon again is interesting, they really dont want things fixed.

@DeTess @StrikerEZ

if someone is voted out, do their actions get processed or not?

Also Tani, you might have survived if you actually voted on someone else. Please dont gamethrow like that. 

3 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

Illwei

I feel like this was true for C1 and C2, but once C3 rolled around, Illwei’s tone seemed to have returned to normal. Unless I missed something, it doesn’t feel like anyone except Tani has said anything even remotely elim in the past 2 cycles. So, I’m going to throw a vote on Randby, just to shake things up a bit and see what falls out. I usually wouldn’t condone an inactivity lynch this far into the game, but we need to start figuring some things out, and we might as well start here.

Just now, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I feel like this was true for C1 and C2, but once C3 rolled around, Illwei’s tone seemed to have returned to normal

I think its strange that you think you have a "normal" when there's just one game, but-

I really dont understand what tone youre getting. If I seemed....abrasive at all i would assume it was in C3. I also am nor sure how I'm feeling about your instant removal but eh im just still soft village for you, what could possibly go wrong!

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Theres going to be reasons to kill a lot of people sooner or later. Sure dont share or whatnot, but I dont think it matters too much. Idk. Their choice to kill Jon again is interesting, they really dont want things fixed.

Yeah, there's going to be reasons to kill people, but I'd rather not make more reasons.

Also I don't really get the votes on Randby. They're not the only inactive player in this game, so A. why is everyone focusing on them exclusively and not pressuring the other inactives (Exp, Devo, Sart, etc.) and B. unlike the three I just named, Randby didn't realize the game existed, and now has to catch up, which is... y'know, pretty good reason for not posting : P

Actually, Devo. @Devotary of Spontaneity. Both to pressure a (relative) inactive and because of a vote thing from C1--they followed Jondesu and Tani onto Gears (note that all three of those are villagers). Doesn't seem that odd of a thing, but it reminds me of LG73!Devo. Not much to go on, I know, but I don't know who else to vote here : P

Yeah, there's going to be reasons to kill people, but I'd rather not make more reasons.

The thing is, if theres already reasons then the more reasons there are it nulls out to no reasons. Also allows for more IKYK in terms of who and what for the  brigger.

5 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

I dont like your line of defense here, vote stays : (

Can someone find me if az has voted on anyone else at all? He seems to be playing it safe with a rvs vote on me, now voting on me...

4 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Also I don't really get the votes on Randby. They're not the only inactive player in this game, so A. why is everyone focusing on them exclusively and not pressuring the other inactives (Exp, Devo, Sart, etc.) and B. unlike the three I just named, Randby didn't realize the game existed, and now has to catch up, which is... y'know, pretty good reason for not posting

Theyre the only true inactive. Devo has her posts, Sart has posted, Exp was active earlier. Randby was alerted of the game 

( @Random Bystander new cycle )

And she still hasnt posted more than once. If theres a contribution crusade to be had then shes the one for it, and i dont like the resistance when shes the one true inactive we have. 

6 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I think its strange that you think you have a "normal" when there's just one game, but-

I really dont understand what tone youre getting. If I seemed....abrasive at all i would assume it was in C3. I also am nor sure how I'm feeling about your instant removal but eh im just still soft village for you, what could possibly go wrong!

I wasn’t too active C3, and I just read through it fully. I’m reading you vil there, and since I don’t have any reason to read you elim other than some stuff you said C1, I’m clearing you for now. But if you start acting suspicious again, that stuff from C1 might come up again... ;)

42 minutes ago, Illwei said:

The thing is, if theres already reasons then the more reasons there are it nulls out to no reasons. Also allows for more IKYK in terms of who and what for the  brigger.

Can someone find me if az has voted on anyone else at all? He seems to be playing it safe with a rvs vote on me, now voting on me...

Theyre the only true inactive. Devo has her posts, Sart has posted, Exp was active earlier. Randby was alerted of the game 

( @Random Bystander new cycle )

And she still hasnt posted more than once. If theres a contribution crusade to be had then shes the one for it, and i dont like the resistance when shes the one true inactive we have. 

Thank you, and fair.

I will try, but I'm not going to be able to be as active on the shard in general for the next few weeks, as my family is getting a dog.

And there is a lot of deep cleaning and researching my family is doing. I will try, but I am not able to get on for substantial periods of time very often. I'm still going to try to give opinions, but I won't be contributing very much. Sorry.

1 minute ago, Experience said:

Interesting turn of events. I have gut elim on mat rn so im going to go read their posts to see if theres any actual reason I can get to back a vote.

Could it be that I voted on you? :P.

Don't confbias please :P I need to reread stuff as well. I'm kinda scattered right now with school and the LG and other stuff.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Could it be that I voted on you? :P.

Don't confbias please :P I need to reread stuff as well. I'm kinda scattered right now with school and the LG and other stuff.

Nah, that doesn't really affect it i dont think. Not quite sure what it is tho...

32 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Edit: And I'll wait to respond to that bit about activity until I actually have time to put together post-counts : P

NAH MAN I GOTCHU

POST COUNTS COMING RIGHT UP, Courtesy of Activity Counter by Straw. 

Spoiler

Illwei          | 53
Quinn        | 45
Matrim       | 38
Biplet         | 17
Szeth         | 16
TJ              | 12
Devo          | 10
Exp            | 9
Az              | 5
Gears        | 5
Randby      | 2
Sart           | 2

devo may have limited posts, but they don't normally post much anyways. I think they're also just generally feeling fine to me. 

Keep in mind that for the Elim team we're looking for someone who made sure to get rid of the engineers. 

15 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Keep in mind that for the Elim team we're looking for someone who made sure to get rid of the engineers. 

...two of the three engineers who've died were exed, and there was no way the elims knew that TUO or Jondesu were engineers at the very least. If they have an Investigator, they could have known about Tani, but then you have a pretty limited suspect list of people-who-voted-for-Tani if you're going based on that assumption. And besides, what elim team wouldn't want to get rid of engineers?

Edit: Wait wait wait and how did they know that they could attack Jondesu??? They wouldn't have known he was coming back from the hospital, right?

Edited by Quintessential

Edit: Wait wait wait and how did they know that they could attack Jondesu??? They wouldn't have known he was coming back from the hospital, right?

Pretty sure they can attack someone in the hospital, right?

I think the Agent being dead would have made the elims more likely to have killed Tani if she actually claimed engineer, since fixing improved parts is the only thing the elims would want a village engineer around for.

The elims were extremely confident that Jondesu would be healed so they could attack him again. If I hadn't healed him that attack would have just failed so I guess I would have been better off not doing anything. Though presumably if the elims had seen that everybody posted C3, which would have been true if I hadn't gone to the hospital, they would have just attacked somebody else.

Elim!Illwei probably could have gotten away with killing Mat or Az along with Tani, assuming either of those are village. On the other hand, I was going to say village Illwei who actually thought Mat or Az were better choices could have switched to those, but they weren't especially viable choices when she first voted Randby. Matrim became reasonable 36 minutes before rollover while Az had a chance as of 16 minutes before. That also means that Quinn preferred Tani to die over Mat, since if she wanted Tani to live so close to rollover she would have voted for the player with the most votes. Illwei still could have switched to either Az or Mat, but they would have needed Quinn or Bip's help to avoid a tie.

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The elims were extremely confident that Jondesu would be healed so they could attack him again. If I hadn't healed him that attack would have just failed so I guess I would have been better off not doing anything. Though presumably if the elims had seen that everybody posted C3, which would have been true if I hadn't gone to the hospital, they would have just attacked somebody else.

You're a Doctor?

1 minute ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Elim!Illwei probably could have gotten away with killing Mat or Az along with Tani, assuming either of those are village. On the other hand, I was going to say village Illwei who actually thought Mat or Az were better choices could have switched to those, but they weren't especially viable choices when she first voted Randby. Matrim became reasonable 36 minutes before rollover while Az had a chance as of 16 minutes before. That also means that Quinn preferred Tani to die over Mat, since if she wanted Tani to live so close to rollover she would have voted for the player with the most votes. Illwei still could have switched to either Az or Mat, but they would have needed Quinn or Bip's help to avoid a tie.

I preferred Az over Mat because Mat has been more active and since I didn't have much on either of them, I would prefer to kill the less active one. I wasn't on after I voted Az, so I didn't realize that Tani was going to die if I didn't switch--I would have preferred Mat over her, as it happens.

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

You're a Doctor?

I am a doctor. It's either that or I killed Jondesu, since I was the only person who could have if he hadn't been healed. But I'm telling you it's the first thing. I requested Sak for my time in the hospital in case the elims attacked me, but instead they say me request her and noted my lack of posts and decided that there was a good chance Jondesu would be out of the hospital in time to be killed.

3 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

I preferred Az over Mat because Mat has been more active and since I didn't have much on either of them, I would prefer to kill the less active one. I wasn't on after I voted Az, so I didn't realize that Tani was going to die if I didn't switch--I would have preferred Mat over her, as it happens.

How many votes did you think were on Tani? You had to know she was the main exe, especially since Bip posted a vote count two posts above yours.