It's time.

Invocation

13 minutes ago, Honorless said:

*excited unholy screeching noises*

How long has it been? So happy that we'll finally be getting back to Mistborn. Hopefully we get to see some bits of the rest of Scadrial, especially the Southern continent! Ugh, what I wouldn't give to see some exploration & settlement of uninhabited landmasses of Scadrial!

Given that Atium was referred to as "the lost metal" in-world, I'm assuming the title referred to them, but Lerasium would be even more intriguing! I'd be happy to see Ettmetal/Harmonium too.

The Set & the invading Shard & their Faceless Immortals plotline would probably be for the next era, as per initial plans, but I still look forward to what cliffhanger Brandon writes for the conclusion of this era! 

Brandon has said that we aren’t seeing South Scadrial yet.

10 minutes ago, Frustration said:

It's not as big as you're thinking

Well, it could possibly explain how a certain Cognitive Shadow learns how to worldhop later in the series. If he does learn how to worldhop. Which he probably will. So I think it is really important because of the Cosmere significance. But this is just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

Well, it could possibly explain how a certain Cognitive Shadow learns how to worldhop later in the series. If he does learn how to worldhop. Which he probably will. So I think it is really important because of the Cosmere significance. But this is just my opinion.

I think you missunderstand, what we learn about ******** in RoW is actually very little, and has a very minor impact on the plot it certainly does not desrve to be called a "massive" spoiler

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

It’s not a maybe. Brandon has said he will. Mostly by accident (on Brandon’s part, not Kell’s. It was more in the way of Brandon letting something slip.)

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

21 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I think you missunderstand, what we learn about ******** in RoW is actually very little, and has a very minor impact on the plot it certainly does not desrve to be called a "massive" spoiler

I meant massive with Cosmere implications. Not with what we learn about [redacted]. 

On 4/7/2021 at 6:29 AM, Random Bystander said:

It's a massive RoW spoiler. If you really want to know, look at the Hoid coppermind page.

Or, I guess you could PM me. I guess that would work too.

Could you give me a hint? I'm not certain what I'm looking for.

On 5/4/2021 at 19:49, Frustration said:

Alright, what is everyone looking forward to in The Lost Metal?

I would definitely like to see a longer appearance from Hoid, at least like Warbreaker's. Also, I wish that at least The Set is totally defeated, it seems to me quite lazy compared to the secret organizations of Roshar and the entire Cosmere. Ahhh, and obviously Mr. There's always another secret.

The truth is that despite so many years of waiting with TLM, I find it much more exciting with all the information we have had with the latest Cosmere books. Also, hopefully TLM can also get Isaac to write Nazh and Nicki Sauvage novel haha

9 minutes ago, Rashekin said:

I would definitely like to see a longer appearance from Hoid, at least like Warbreaker's. Also, I wish that at least The Set is totally defeated, it seems to me quite lazy compared to the secret organizations of Roshar and the entire Cosmere. Ahhh, and obviously Mr. There's always another secret.

The truth is that despite so many years of waiting with TLM, I find it much more exciting with all the information we have had with the latest Cosmere books. Also, hopefully TLM can also get Isaac to write Nazh and Nicki Sauvage novel haha

The Set is being set up for Era 3.

40 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The Set is being set up for Era 3.

I know, I know. Although I really feel like The Set is kind of lazy as villains (or maybe I'm just thinking of Mr. Suit and Telsin), but I think the organization can look a whole lot more interesting and credible if we see a little bit of Trell and his main lackeys, to make him credible as a threat to Harmony in the future in Era 3. (Because after all, Harmony's greatest enemy is having two diametrically opposed Shards, but overall it should be easy for him to take down an... ¿avatar?, of another Shard, as maybe it is Trell)

8 minutes ago, Rashekin said:

I know, I know. Although I really feel like The Set is kind of lazy as villains (or maybe I'm just thinking of Mr. Suit and Telsin), but I think the organization can look a whole lot more interesting and credible if we see a little bit of Trell and his main lackeys, to make him credible as a threat to Harmony in the future in Era 3. (Because after all, Harmony's greatest enemy is having two diametrically opposed Shards, but overall it should be easy for him to take down an... ¿avatar?, of another Shard, as maybe it is Trell)

I suspect the true story of Era 3 will be far more complicated than the little pieces we've seen. Suit and Sequence are bit players and will likely be gone by the end of Era 2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 7:49 PM, Frustration said:

Alright, what is everyone looking forward to in The Lost Metal?

I want a full Steris list.  Not even a chapter.  Not even a broadsheet.  Just a whole list of everything Steris has imagined might happen throughout the whole course of the book, and how she will deal with it.

Barring that, I want:

Wayne to find actual absolution
Wax to put his goddamn earring back in and have some productive Sazed chats
Lots of Wayne/MeLaan snogging.  He has so much pent up energy.
A certain Stormlight character showing up being really sad about his situation, spoiling us for Stormlight 5.  
Marasi dealing with her experience with the Bands, and giving that up, and accepting her own power as herself 
Hoid, Hoid, Hoid, and more Hoid.  
Wax wanting to protect Steris but she just is too competent to handle 
Ending the book with hot choc.  That was a good ending last time.  I want every Cosmere book to end with hot choc.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:00 PM, Frustration said:

I'm intrested in getting to see more of External Temporal metals, Feruchemical spiritual metals, and Ettmetal.

Oh, and how Atium works into this.

And Trell and how he is totally Odium

And a bunch of other things

RoW / full Cosmere spoilers:

Spoiler

I am not convinced that Toadium is Trell.  
There has been a Trell much longer than there has been a Toadium.  
And there's that freaky red rip in the sky longer than any of this.

Trell is the red rip.  Bet.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:17 PM, Invocation said:

I want to be able to settle my bets on whether the Lost Metal in question is actually atium or something else.

But I really just want my magic cowboys back.

I don't think it's atium.  Ati is so, so, so, so, so super dead.  How could he still have metal?

On 4/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, Random Bystander said:

I really want to see where [redacted] is. You know, Hoid's [redacted]?

I have read RoW and still don't understand this reference, but I want to see Hoid's redacted, too.  I want to see all of his redacted.  I think we should get very close and intimate with his redacted.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:35 AM, DougTheRug said:

Is there an official thread for prediction of the Lost Metal? My favorite prediction (from a reddit thread I don't remember) is that the Set is using the women they abduct as baby factories for their Hemalurgy. 

Maybe, and I know that's Wax's current theory.  
But I think it's more likely that they are just using them for straight hemalurgy, rather than raping them.  Why wait to see if a baby has some powers, when you have someone with powers right here?

2 hours ago, vonnegut said:

I don't think it's atium.  Ati is so, so, so, so, so super dead.  How could he still have metal?

When people refer to atium (myself included), we are saying that we want the Godmetal of the Shard Ruin to return, and once again give people the ability to see a few seconds into the future. It would technically have a new name, but we want the metal itself to return.

3 hours ago, vonnegut said:

Marsh still being alive shows that the existing metal survived his demise. The question is where it will go when used up.

Maybe, and I know that's Wax's current theory.  

The choice of victims to abduct is peculiar. I think he is wrong and they are breeding a Mistborn.

But I think it's more likely that they are just using them for straight hemalurgy, rather than raping them.  Why wait to see if a baby has some powers, when you have someone with powers right here?

The tale of the goose with the golden eggs. And why wait for the powers? Spike them and test the spike.

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

We’re going to know who Trell is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was afraid we’d have to wait until Era 3!

So... Options:

1: Autonomy

2: Avatar of Autonomy

3: Odium

4: Kelsier (because putting anything as past him at this point is a bad idea)

5: A Splinter of Ruin that Saze severed from himself

6. Some dude with the Scadrian Dawnshard that's gotten too full of themself.