Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

18 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Joe huddled in a corner. He didn't see any reason to go on. When the allomancer had died he had done some private investigations by himself. After the alchemist died, he had remembered. He had given his ducks to him. But they hadn't been there. Someone had gotten to his ducks first. Suddenly feeling like he would never find his ducks, Joe had run away to hide. When he fianlly walked back, he saw that the criminal had returned to the scene of the crime, and there were chicken bones... no, duck bones on the floor. Joe stood there in shock.

Wow, Tani. What did you do to my ducks? :P

I ate them.

And I didn't leave the bones behind.

edit: actually I did

Edited by Tani

28 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The Tineye messages are cool. I actually am kinda thinking the first one comes from an elim, but I don't know what makes me say that. maybe the last line?

I have no idea about the alignments of the two Tineyes, but the first one sounds like something that Gears or Ash would think up XD 

2 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

I have no idea about the alignments of the two Tineyes, but the first one sounds like something that Gears or Ash would think up XD 

Two

Words.

P.

M.

s.

I may not be a follower of PM safety but I do worship the gods of Thread Safety

Edited by Illwei

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Okay that works. that. works better :P.

Given that I was wrong about my guess of the Doctor last game, and haven't the faintest idea what half the players in this one sound like on account of them being new or returning, I figured my guess would be taken with enough grains of salt to not be super harmful posted in-thread. Or at least, it definitely should be, since I'm not taking it seriously.

45 minutes ago, Illwei said:

you should respond to things in hebrew and then i can try and translate it

Please don't. That would be a nightmare.

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else here taking french or knows it well?

5 minutes ago, Tani said:

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else here taking french or knows it well?

No, but I know German and Spanish :rolleyes: not that I'm suggesting anyone try to secretly communicate with me in those languages, but... well, I'm not about to tell you not to either XD

12 minutes ago, Tani said:

Please don't. That would be a nightmare.

Eh... tres mal, mais... oui?

I took 4 years through high school but am quite rusty. And I don't think we're allowed to use different languages as code for things :P

I have no idea how to make the accent on tres I'm sorryyyyyyy

Edited by Ashbringer

Two bodies [presumably] lay upon the bloody streets. One was riddled with coin holes, and the other was simply missing, though bloodstains showed evidence of a struggle. Roko picked up a coin from the gutter and tucked it away as a memento, a testament to the odd child who adored the ash, a remnant of a quirk of divinity. It was coated with blood and viscera, but that was no matter. More for the remembering. It raised a finger to its lips and let the coppery tang that it could not taste diffuse over its tongue. In the first days, the olden days, it had been a thing of vengeance, but now, it was a simple collector. Everything in this world was so fleeting, so temporary, so it kept what it could. In another life, another world, another iteration of the life it had been give, perhaps it would have let things go. But not after... not after [͢͡D͘͜͢͠Ờ̧͟N̶͘͘͠͞'̛͢͜͠T̨͡͠͞ ́͘T̷͞H̢̨͜͞͡I̛͜N̶̕K̨͢͏ ̴͘A̡͡҉̷B̨̛͜O͏̢̡͢Ų̷̕͢͝T͏̸͢ ̶̛͘̕͢Í͜T́͜͞ ̛́D̨̕͠͝Ó̴̸̀͠Ǹ̷̷̀͠'̴͟͞T̶͟ ̨̧Ţ̸̕͠H̴́͝I̡͠N͜͜͠K̡͟͞͏ ̶̴̢͠A̸̷͠B̸̴́͢O̢U̵̕҉Ţ͠͡ ҉̧̡I͟҉̴T͞͞ ̶́͘͡͠R̨̢̕͟É̡̀̕D͜͡A̶̕͢C͢͡T̷̷͘ĘD̀͟͟͠ ҉̢͝R̵̢̕̕͡Ȩ̵̶́͡D̵̨̧A̵̡̛C̸̕͘͟͞T̷̴͜E͟͞͡͞D̀͘͜ ̢͡͡R̶͟͟E̡͟D̷̢҉A̢͟͝͡C̷͢͠͝T̛͝E̷͠҉͜D̛҉͢ ̡́͟E̡͟R̸̵͜͞Ą̵̡̀S̷͠E̴̶̡̕̕ ̛̛͘҉̸F͏҉̴O̕͘͘R̶̕͞G̛͘E̡͜͝͠T̨̨͜͠ ̵̧D͢͞O҉̀͡N̸̵'̸̧́͝T́͢͞҉ ̷͟Ţ̛H̸̛͟͞Ì̷̡͘͢Ņ̸́̕͟K͠ ͏̵̶̨͟A̶҉̶͞B͏̸Ǫ̸̕͝҉Ų̕͠T͜ ̷̕҉͡I̢͏̷̧T̷̡̧͠]̴̢҉̸

The walls were adorned with the writing of the mad. Roko appreciated it. Blood stains, charcoal, lines that nearly blended with the walls. A work of art. It brushed its hand against the wall and... yes, the near-invisible text was definitely powdered bone. The message reminded it of someone it had seen on many worlds, someone who was among them right now. But then again, it did not know the townsfolk well enough to know if any of them also heard the siren's song of jagged art. Speaking to the one it knew would be a poor gamble. Then again, why not converse? They were old 'friends', after all.

It moved towards 'Derrick' rigidly, posture settling into one of command, of intolerance, of certainty. "Salutations, Derrick," it said. "Or should I say Faleast and AraRaash?"

I didn't keep up with the end of the night, and school's a bit busy for the next week [lots of tests], so I might have to drop in activity [as if my activity existed in the first place] until Spring Break [which is next week]

I'm surprised the elims didn't kill Order or Ventyl themselves. [Sidenote: Stop claiming.] Did Ruby have PMs or something where they claimed something interesting? 

Sidenote: I want an anonymous message role. I have so many plans, but I can't get one. Remember word spaghetti? Imagine that, but anonymous. The age of moonlight and falling and sepulchral nightmares with jagged wings.

Other sidenote: No hablo español. Ich spreche kein Deutsch. Je ne parle pas français. 可是我講中文。

2 minutes ago, Gears said:

可是我講中文。

Why is "Wo" the third character in?

What is that s'posed to say? I can see a "wo" and a "zhong wen" (pinyin without tones)

Did you use google translate? Cuz word order should be "I no can speak chinese." "Wo bu (ke yi is may, I forgot can) shuo zhong wen" I'm pretty sure.

43 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

What about talking to the GM? Kann ich das machen? 

Du kannst mir gerne in PMs deine Befehle auf Deutsch schreiben, aber die wichtige Frage ist, ob ich deine Befehle verstehen werde ;)

But alright folks, brief reminder—I did ask y'all to go read the SE General Rules and etiquette and I see a number of people skirting it again, so I'm gonna remind you all it's not optional reading, it's on the syllabus and there will be a final exam ;)

You can't use a language to communicate in a way other players don't understand. To be fair, I do have a waiver on the code rules for Tineye messages since that's sort of the fun of being a Tineye but otherwise, please don't make me @ Wilson again. I think she's really tired of getting PMs from me :P

Right, see you all next tutorial ;)

@Tani - It's correct. Gears is saying he speaks Chinese but he's using the traditional script, which I'm awful with :P "But I speak Chinese", literally translated. 

Edited by Kasimir

Okay, so, first off, not much time for me to write this. Apologies if none of this makes any sense. I've got about 2 minutes to write this. :P

Anyway, so, Ventyl being hit by the coinshot is interesting. Didn't realize that the kills would be differentiated. Knowing who killed who is really interesting though, because it gives us a profile for our killers. We know that the elims wanted to go for low info kills, which I think means they are probably more active than inactive, as a team. Which...granted, doesn't help us too much as a lot of people in this game are pretty active. We also know that the elims wanted to keep Ventyl alive because they deemed him not a threat to them, at least as of last turn. I feel like it isn't much of a leap to say that they probably kept him alive to draw suspicion towards him for surviving and away from themselves. Some players off the top of my head that I think would think of a plan like that: possibly Maill, stick, mat, gears, quinn, maybe even Devo. As for the coinshot, we know they have a similar mentality to my own with regards to kills: use them often, and don't hold back. :P Whoever the coinshot is decided that they thought Ventyl was bluffing. Which...is probably partially my fault, since I started bringing that possibility up a lot.

Anyway, I'm gonna be looking at Mat and Illwei when I get a chance, just based on what I remember from D1. Probably won't be back for like 2.5 hours or so.

5 minutes ago, Tani said:

Oh!

I don't know the characters for hai shi and was going off of the others.

It's actually ke3 shi4. Ke3 shi4 wo1 jiang3 zhong1 wen2. 中文 is a bit eclectic in this context because it's commonly used to refer to the written language - anyway, y'all don't need me rambling about languages in this thread, I'm going to leave before further derailment occurs and then Wyrm will show up to scold me and call me a nerd :P (He won't, because he's law-abiding, but still.)

Happy grinching, y'all!

18 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

It's actually ke3 shi4. Ke3 shi4 wo1 jiang3 zhong1 wen2. 中文 is a bit eclectic in this context because it's commonly used to refer to the written language

Sorry. It's been like four years since I've done much Chinese learning.

Edit: I didn't know that other people put the tone numbers after the words too! :) 

Edited by Tani

Misties jumping about all hours of the night. Hardly slept. It's back to the metal now. Good metal.

Need to cancel that copper order. Too bad. I like copper. It was good, too. The right metal. But that's what happens to voices who talk too much. Some other mistie will buy.

They always buy. I'm the best with the metals.

It's because I taste it. Taste it, not eat it like misties. Not usually.

People don't like misties. Not talking misties. They add confusion.

Best get rid of loud misties. Talking misties. Talking voices. Voices in my head. My voices.

Lovely voices now, talking about the taste of metal. Steel is on high order. Lots of steel. Carbon and iron. Or the other way.

Yes.

No. 

Yes. Iron and carbon. More orders for iron with carbon. But better use would be just iron. Solid iron. Good iron. Tasty iron. Good for the blood.

I don't think we should assume the Ventyl kill was from a village coinshot - it might've been from an elim Mistborn (or an elim coinshot, but I don't think that's likely to exist).

From @TJ Shade's post from the night thread,

I think what Fifth intended to say was that if Reading is elim, the elims would have tried to save him either by vote manipulation or by jumping on alternate vote train but not BOTH. And he seems to think it's more likely to be the former because the vote manipulation does not require the elims to expose themselves, but the jumping on alternate train does.

Ah, okay. Just to reiterate, I don't think many elims hopped on the Books train.

Yeah, I hadn't completed my full read of the thread remember? Had only finished 9 pages, so I didn't want to vote based on incomplete information. Came back with 30 mins left to rollover and tried to finish reading the thread and by the time I was done, 4 mins were left. I didn't know the vote count when I voted but I basically saw Mat saying it's 6-4 (looking back Mat said it was 6-4 before Ash had voted, but I didn't grasp that as I was skimming) and hence voted. I didn't see Devotary's vote because I started typing up my post before she voted and did not refresh in between. But I don't think I would have refrained from voting even if I knew it was 8 votes because I've always voted. 

Fair enough

edit: ninjad by pyro saying the same thing lol

Edited by _Stick_