GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

7 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I'm working on this.

@StrikerEZ, did you want to be unmarked as busy for the MR list as well, or just the LGs? Ignore this. Sorry for the ping. I just realized you ran the last MR, not Matrim... 

I haven’t ran an MR for quite some time :P 

I technically could take the QF, but I’d rather not. Exp definitely can have it over me.

• 3 weeks later...

The QF's currently in it's 6th cycle, so it might be time to look for the next MR. 

Slots:

1. @Kynedath
  2. @Zillah and @Kynedath
  3. @BrightnessRadiant
  4. @Kasimir
  5. Ashbringer - hey, that's me!

If none of those above people want to run the game, I'm available to do my Unmade MR finally. Rollover might be a bit finnicky with my work schedule or lack thereof, but I can run it.

15 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

The QF's currently in it's 6th cycle, so it might be time to look for the next MR. 

Slots:

1. @Kynedath
  2. @Zillah and @Kynedath
  3. @BrightnessRadiant
  4. @Kasimir
  5. Ashbringer - hey, that's me!

If none of those above people want to run the game, I'm available to do my Unmade MR finally. Rollover might be a bit finnicky with my work schedule or lack thereof, but I can run it.

The wincons for the QF are slightly different so it potentially could be a few more days, but it’s still good to think about it... I think it’s safe to assume it’s yours. Kyne/Zillah and BR are mostly inactive iirc and Kas is enjoying his retirement :P

Edited by Matrim's Dice

2 hours ago, Dannex said:

Better be LG88, don’t wanna break the pattern :P

Yeah, I was joking about that with Bip the other day. I really hope I can make that work. It shouldn’t be too hard to make it happen, as long as LG88 would be happening next summer. Preferably in the middle. :P

On 6/10/2021 at 2:57 AM, Ashbringer said:

If you're finally available, you may want to go first. If it's a bad timing for you, I should be able to run mine when I finish wrangling with the committee.

5 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I'd love to sign up for a slot at some point in the future... but not right now, because I'd like to play a game or two before I run a game. 

The game I'd be running would be the Singer game. I need to finish fleshing out the rules I figured out before my mission....

You could go ahead and sign up now. The waitlist for running games is very long right now. :P

8 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

You could go ahead and sign up now. The waitlist for running games is very long right now. :P

OH joy. Guess I'll just go ahead and sign up for a LG slot. I think it was an LG, I'd have to look at the rules. 
Psych, it looks like I'm already on the list. I officially declare myself active again!

Edited by Steeldancer

21 hours ago, Kasimir said:

If you're finally available, you may want to go first. If it's a bad timing for you, I should be able to run mine when I finish wrangling with the committee.

... you know, I have a family vacation starting the 28th. Which I might be mobile-bound on, or at least irregularly available on laptop.

If signups ended the 19th/20th... I'd have room for four-five cycles before then which probably isn't enough. So maybe someone else taking the slot would be better. I'll check to see how busy we're planning to be to see if I could get away for a rollover.

(For reference, after me in the list is XP (who just ran the QF), @Matrim's Dice, @Mist, and then you @Lotus.)

7 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

... you know, I have a family vacation starting the 28th. Which I might be mobile-bound on, or at least irregularly available on laptop.

If signups ended the 19th/20th... I'd have room for four-five cycles before then which probably isn't enough. So maybe someone else taking the slot would be better. I'll check to see how busy we're planning to be to see if I could get away for a rollover.

(For reference, after me in the list is XP (who just ran the QF), @Matrim's Dice, @Mist, and then you @Lotus.)

21 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I'm third? Huh.

I have a family mobile-bound vacation starting around the 27th, so I guess it won't work for me either :P 

So obviously the answer is I just run one of my MRs now alongside the next LG that I am also running, right? What could go wrong with me running two games at once? :P

ITT:

Me: "Okay, Ash, if you want it, I'll cede to you, otherwise I'll run my MR as soon as I can finish wrangling the committee."

Everyone: "Okay who's after Ash"

:P

Edit: @Ashbringer - actually, I have a question. You have any issues with me claiming the slot? My work schedule has temporarily cleared up and I don't know if I'll have that stretch of time in future. If you normally don't have a clean slot and want to take the shot though then DWAI!

Edited by Kasimir

24 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

ITT:

Me: "Okay, Ash, if you want it, I'll cede to you, otherwise I'll run my MR as soon as I can finish wrangling the committee."

Everyone: "Okay who's after Ash"

:P

Edit: @Ashbringer - actually, I have a question. You have any issues with me claiming the slot? My work schedule has temporarily cleared up and I don't know if I'll have that stretch of time in future. If you normally don't have a clean slot and want to take the shot though then DWAI!

:ph34r:

Well, I’d feel bad about dragging you from pleasant retirement again and Lotus was wondering when she’d get to run her game and I… :P

Yeah, if you have time and will to run the game you can just go ahead and claim the spot. I’ll have time in the future.

(Although ironically, it might be easier for me to run games over the school year than summer where I have part-time schedule craziness and randomly placed vacations… should be fine for the next MR slot though.)

7 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Yeah, if you have time and will to run the game you can just go ahead and claim the spot. I’ll have time in the future.

Looks like my pleasant retirement has come to a temporary end, then. To be fair, Striker is running that LoZ game so I'd probably have been hard-pressed to stay out of it... :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Wow, I magically popped to the top of the LG list! 
I won't be able to run a game until July because I ALSO have a family vacation, and I don't even know if I'll have internet or not. Does Hawaii have internet? no clue

So I assume you're still cool with me and Bip taking the next LG? I was already planning on doing that, considering LG77 just ended today and LG78's signups probably need to go up in a couple days or so. :P

16 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Wow, I magically popped to the top of the LG list! 
I won't be able to run a game until July because I ALSO have a family vacation, and I don't even know if I'll have internet or not. Does Hawaii have internet? no clue

Pretty sure it has internet in most places, but it's islands, so some of them likely don't.

21 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

So I assume you're still cool with me and Bip taking the next LG? I was already planning on doing that, considering LG77 just ended today and LG78's signups probably need to go up in a couple days or so. :P

Yes please go ahead. I haven't finished the rules, I just have a solid idea, and I need to back from Hawaii before I'll have enough time.