New favourite quotes!!

Shuffel

I have a lot...

...most of them are insults from Wit. 

There is the “I hid your honor in a place you could never find it: in the arms of someone who truly loves you.”

also, the “An uneducated, half-brained serving boy with a hangover could make mock of you.”

Spoiler

Also, the scene in the Mistborn Saga where Wit becomes Wax’s coachman .

Edited by SymphonianBookworm
I made two typos.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I have too many to keep track of.  But here are three of mine.

Kaladin; "If I kill  a man, I'm going to do it in the sunlight, and I'm going to do it only because there is no other way."

Shallan; "I'm sure you were quite brave,"..."Though, probably not as brave as the poor men who have to clean your armor."

Pattern; "No mating!"

• 7 months later...
On 6/7/2022 at 9:13 AM, Lament on the Wind said:

'Good people are like candles.They burn themselves up to give others light.'-Syl(she's a sweetheart)

I know I'm necro-ing, sorry. But... I have no memory of this line. I really like it, but have no memory of it. And I think I would, considering how often I randomly reread Stormlight books, especially Kaladin's parts...

I'd think I'd remember it. So if you remember where it is, would you be so good as to enlighten me?

2 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

So if you remember where it is, would you be so good as to enlighten me?

It is probably an unmarked spoiler from the SA5 preview material. At least a text search through WoK, WoR, ED, OB, DS, and RoW didn't find it.

Although, I guess it could also be some odd translation change from a non-English edition back to English.

Edited by Treamayne

“This is a hill that I will be willing to — maybe not die on — but at least take a few stabs upon”- Brandon Sanderson

edit: whoops, I think I misunderstood the thread. I was searching for a quote thread to put this quote in and this one came up. Now I see that this is in the Stormlight subforum. Sorry:D:rolleyes:

Edited by Cinnamon
Whoops *-*

11 hours ago, Treamayne said:

It is probably an unmarked spoiler from the SA5 preview material. At least a text search through WoK, WoR, ED, OB, DS, and RoW didn't find it.

Thing is... I've read those too. And I googled the sentence and it was a Turkish proverb...

I saw it on a little drawing of Syl online somewhere, and it was a picture of her with that quote. So I guess it's a Mandela effect. Sort of like how Shallan never said exactly "But you could be fire"...