Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

19 hours ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

Just wanted to bring this to your attention in case it wasn’t intentional, but is the last sentence finished? It seems to cut off abruptly.

Storms, I thought I'd fixed that... Oh well. It wasn't anything important. I think all that happened was Talnic arriving at the alleyway.

"Is everyone ready to go?" Talnic asks. "Any more questions before we leave?" He glances over at the illusion one of the members of the group had made. Nodding in approval, he turns back to the others.

This is so hard! Kaladin is attacking my fingers as I'm typing, as well as trying to pop off the keys. He's directly in the middle of the keyboard.

Birds. :rolleyes:

Avren needed to leave the city. It hurt to leave the past three years behind, but he couldn’t take any chances.

Unfortunately, there was a group standing at the mouth of the alley. 

It wouldn’t be long before they all left, and Avren would be free to go. But then, a strange desire overwhelmed him. He wanted to join them, of all things. 

They could be travellers, he rationalised. They could offer protection, and he’d be able to leave the city without much issue. Steeling his nerves, he approached the group. 

“Excuse me,” he began. “Are you all travellers? Do you have room for one more?”

@anyone in the group

Edited by Ookla the Ethereal

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

“Excuse me,” he began. “Are you all travellers? Do you have room for one more?”

@anyone in the group

“Certainly, if you’re up for hunting a dragon. We’ll need ask the help we can get. Here, have a copy of the prophecy the tall Shadow man spotted off unconsciously the other day.”

40 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

"Is everyone ready to go?" Talnic asks. "Any more questions before we leave?" He glances over at the illusion one of the members of the group had made. Nodding in approval, he turns back to the others.

"How long will this take? Not to sound impatient, of course. Just wondering."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Minuet jogged into the alley. “Hey, sorry I’m late! Took me a while to figure out what stuff to bring.”

Minuet fought in a empty yard, separated from the rest of the students. She knew it was for the best - her Grace made her dangerous to everyone around her, especially when she was fighting - but it did get lonely. Never able to make a friend, never able to even talk to one of them. Even at lunchtime she sat in a separate area.

But that wasn't really the problem. No, the problem was her uncle and his expectations. As soon as she could control her Grace, she knew she would be back out there doing his dirty work. She had earned herself a bit of a reprieve when she lost her temper on the last job - that one hadn't gone well - but it would be over soon. And she couldn't get away from it.

Here it is, my magnificent start that was quickly lost to the Pi. :P

On 30/11/2020 at 1:24 PM, Ookla the Knight said:

“Certainly, if you’re up for hunting a dragon. We’ll need ask the help we can get. Here, have a copy of the prophecy the tall Shadow man spotted off unconsciously the other day.”

“Umm...” Avren began as a copy of this apparent prophecy was thrust into his hands. Looking around, this group was stranger than he had thought. Younger, too. And was that an elf

“Do you have a leader?” He asked the boy. 

@Ookla the Rōnin (If you want to step in)