Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

22 hours ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

“Could you do that?” The words escaped his mouth, and Avren immediately regretted them. There was something about this other man, a confidence which the others seemed to lack, that made him intimidating. What right did Avren have to ask him to do this?

Talnic shrugged. "Sure." It wasn't like he had anything else to do until they left. He was wondering, however, who Arven was trying to avoid. 

Talnic can head over to the market now. You can wave him over to you if you want, but I don't have time to start that interaction right now.

14 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

"Um... Does said person have recognizable features? It's hard to find a person you don't know in a crowded market."

"I don't know, you think I was paying attention?" Minuet laughed. "Here, I'll come help you look. I'm fairly certain I'll be able to find him."

24 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"I don't know, you think I was paying attention?" Minuet laughed. "Here, I'll come help you look. I'm fairly certain I'll be able to find him."

"Oh. Fine. Thanks." Gal closed and shouldered his backpack, following Minuet.

Talnic was walking through the market, crowded with wool-clad and shivering figures. He kept his eye open for familiar faces, trying to find another member of the group he could ask to get extra supplies.

After passing a few vendors shouting at passersby, Talnic finally spotted a few of the people from earlier, huddled together and talking in the snow-covered street. He walked up beside them, and unwound the scarf from his face. It had grown wet with the moisture from his breath. He pulled his hat down a little further over his eyes, feeling oddly exposed in the open air.

"Would any of you be willing to pick up extra supplies? One of the people who joined us this morning is worried he will be recognized, and didn't feel like coming here himself would be wise." For what he might be recognized, or by who, I don't know, he added to himself. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Talnic was walking through the market, crowded with wool-clad and shivering figures. He kept his eye open for familiar faces, trying to find another member of the group he could ask to get extra supplies.

After passing a few vendors shouting at passersby, Talnic finally spotted a few of the people from earlier, huddled together and talking in the snow-covered street. He walked up beside them, and unwound the scarf from his face. It had grown wet with the moisture from his breath. He pulled his hat down a little further over his eyes, feeling oddly exposed in the open air.

"Would any of you be willing to pick up extra supplies? One of the people who joined us this morning is worried he will be recognized, and didn't feel like coming here himself would be wise." For what he might be recognized, or by who, I don't know, he added to himself. 

... Us? Or someone else?

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Minuet smiled. "Buying extra food? Sure, that's what I was here to do anyway."

Talnic nodded in thanks, and withdrew the coin he had offered to Arven from his pocket. He handed it to the one who had offered to buy extra supplies. "He will also need things like a bed roll, a pack, and other supplies."

1 minute ago, The Worldookler said:

Gal turned to the stranger "Oh, hello. You're part of this journey to the dragons, I'd guess? Name's Owlson. Can I join you?"

"Yes, you could say that. And if you are willing to join us, I wouldn't turn down your assistance."

Just now, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Talnic nodded in thanks, and withdrew the coin he had offered to Arven from his pocket. He handed it to the one who had offered to buy extra supplies. "He will also need things like a bed roll, a pack, and other supplies."

"Yes, you could say that. And if you are willing to join us, I wouldn't turn down your assistance."

"Will do! I assume you'll want the change once I'm done?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

"Great! I already have supplies, so I'm ready when you are."

1 minute ago, Vapor said:

Rosalie walked up to the group, her apples finished. "What're you talking about?"

Gal turned to the new intruder. "Are you part of this dragon expedition too?"

Just now, The Worldookler said:

"Nice to meet you. My name's Owlson, and I just joined you. What's your name? They've been talking about another member's supply problems."

The newcomer was rather talkative, Talnic noticed. He was likely not used to having things to hide.

"They call me the Shadow," Talnic said softly. "I am not willing to share my name at this point."

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

The newcomer was rather talkative, Talnic noticed. He was likely not used to having things to hide.

"They call me the Shadow," Talnic said softly. "I am not willing to share my name at this point."

I technically wasn't talking to him, but whatever.

"Oh, fine. I'll live with that. When do we go? and from where?"