The Fellowship: Seasonal! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

31 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

"Do you mean a Perpendicularity?" Philico squinted, racking his brain. "Are we even in the Cosmere? Where is this house located?"

29 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"Somewhere." Queen's response was immediate and dead serious, as if she saw that as a perfectly acceptable answer, which she probably did.

"I have Macrosmostic portals set up around the house, including a few to various planets in the Cosmere. In the Cosmere, you require a Perpendicularity because they're the only way into the Cognitive realm, which spans the immense distance between planets very easily. With a Macrosmistic portal, however, we skip the whole Cognitive step and just kind of... appear where it is we want to be."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I have Macrosmostic portals set up around the house, including a few to various planets in the Cosmere. In the Cosmere, you require a Perpendicularity because they're the only way into the Cognitive realm, which spans the immense distance between planets very easily. With a Macrosmistic portal, however, we skip the whole Cognitive step and just kind of... appear where it is we want to be."

"Oh, that's what we want, then. We do have a way back, right?" asked Aria. When I and Allegra looked at her, their eyes wide, she shrugged. "You guys know me, of course I'm going!"

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yes, yes, I know what a Perpendicularity is... Did you say appear where we want?" Philico scratched his head. "That is useful...

"If it's in the house somewhere, we just need to check every room, right?"

Connie, how many characters do you have? :P 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

"Yes, yes, I know what a Perpendicularity is... Did you say appear where we want?" Philico scratched his head. "That is useful...

"If it's in the house somewhere, we just need to check every room, right?"

"All the Cosmere portals are right next to the second master bedroom on the third floor."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"All the Cosmere portals are right next to the second master bedroom on the third floor."

"Ah. So we're headed there, then."

Philico didn't say what he was thinking, though. If you knew where the portals were, why did you ask is anyone knew where the portals were? What a strange bunch. How... exciting.

19 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Connie, how many characters do you have? :P 

All of them. Actually, I've got Herate, Daolan, and Hiiri from FotT: The Original, and Aria, I, and Allegra from Mishmash Inn. Hiiri is a Worldhopper with the power to turn invisible and travel through time.

Just be glad I'm not on Side Tales yet.

Edit: You know what? Today is the day I join Side Tales.

I'll see you all very soon.

Edited by Condensation

On 10/6/2020 at 8:54 AM, Condensation said:

All of them. Actually, I've got Herate, Daolan, and Hiiri from FotT: The Original, and Aria, I, and Allegra from Mishmash Inn. Hiiri is a Worldhopper with the power to turn invisible and travel through time.

Just be glad I'm not on Side Tales yet.

Edit: You know what? Today is the day I join Side Tales.

I'll see you all very soon.

Everyone, meet Noche, Alba, and Luz. *devious grin*

Have to go, I'll introduce her more later.

Aria disappears up the stairs for a moment, then comes down with a dark girl behind her.

It is rather fun, we're a bit slow right now.

Meet Second of the Night, otherwise known as Noche! She won't tell you that, though.

She has coarse, matte, and curly black hair with striking eyebrows. Her skin is such a deep brown that it almost looks black, and her irises are the same color except they have flecks of silvery gold. She wears loose, nondescript, and black(long sleeves, pants) clothing with no shoes, and she carries lockpicks secured to her lower arm and wrist. She also has a pack on her back, it has who-knows-what in it. She's generally quiet, but when you challenge her or stand in her way, she can get sassy.
Got here by stumbling into the perpendicularity, she wandered around and came out here. She's confused and worried, but I don't think she'll admit it.
Noche has one Aviar, a Streamer named Alba that is black streaked with gold and silver accents(they match). This Aviar will follow her anywhere, because they've been together since Noche was 5. Noche is now 10.
Had a older brother, but he died at the age of five along with her mother from a shadow attack. She was two, and then the next year her father began to train her as a trapper after giving her Alba, her Aviar. She's come to terms with both, but she often wonders what her life would be like if they were still alive, even going so far as to imagine her brother with her. She... kind of thinks he's still alive. (I know, I know, super cliche and also I stole this from Andante because I couldn't wait to use it). Her father is often off trapping without her, so she's taught Alba a bunch of tricks. She has no formal fighting training, but she's graceful and stealthy.
Most of all, she's often worried or confused, but she won't admit it. She'll just try to bluff her way through it.

Just one thing to say: I'm sorry for all of this, this won't be an 'every single time' thing. Most of the time, I'll just pick one or three people to post as. I just thought it was interesting to see how everyone responded, and kind of got carried away.

Aria has the girl by the wrist and is quite literally dragging her down the stairs. As she gets closer, you can hear her reassuring the girl, who looks like she's glancing back up the stairs for help. Atop her shoulder is a black bird with streaks of silver and gold that matches the girl's eyes.

"No, no, it's all right! Really, I promise we're quite friendly. Come on, introduce yourself!" At this last, Aria faces the general group and loudly announces, "Everyone, I just found this girl hiding upstairs! Apparently she's joined the Fellowship, but she didn't want to come join us all."

***(proceeds to write perspectives from all *counting in head* all of my characters)****
Herate looked up, there was apparently another new person here. How many people were there in this group, anyway? She turned back to her Starburst roasting, it had begun to bubble. She didn't even notice when Daolan stood up.
Daolan looked up as well, disinterested in the new person. Except... she was from First of the Sun?(Yes, he's Cosmere aware) She appeared to have an Aviar, but she couldn't be old enough yet to be trained as a trapper. He stood up, smiling. "Hello! I'm Daolan, what's your name?"
Hiiri was still invisible in the corner, but she slowly faded back into view as she considered the newcomer. She looked shy. Maybe they could be friends? Hiiri decided that she wouldn't make the first move, but if this person was friendly, perhaps they could be friends.
Allegra kept her head down. It wasn't a surprise to her anymore when this happened, but it did get a little old. Aria was just the kind of person that found new friends everywhere she went, and Allegra was not.
I looked up. Aria had found another person, but she didn't look like she could do much. I massaged her forehead. She was trying not to think of people in their literal value any more, but it still slipped through at times. This girl looked shy, like maybe she could use a friend? I resolved to offer friendship once it was a bit more private.
Aria wasn't sure why this girl had been hiding upstairs, but she had looked lonely. Aria hated when she was lonely, so she brought the girl downstairs to make a couple of new friends!
Noche tugged on her wrist, which was enclosed in the tight grip of this crazy woman. She had been peacefully listening to the conversation from the hallway leading to the stairs, then the woman had come up the stairs and dragged her down, spouting off some nonsense about making friends. She would have preferred to stay up there listening, she didn't like to socialize.

A man stood up and introduced himself as Daolan, then asked for her name. She ceased her struggling for a bit to examine him, then decided he was probably fine. "Second of the Night," she said.
*******(and one more from Daolan)
Daolan smiled again, though inside he was holding back a torrent of questions. "Nice to meet you, Second of the Night."

9 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Aria has the girl by the wrist and is quite literally dragging her down the stairs. As she gets closer, you can hear her reassuring the girl, who looks like she's glancing back up the stairs for help. Atop her shoulder is a black bird with streaks of silver and gold that matches the girl's eyes.

"No, no, it's all right! Really, I promise we're quite friendly. Come on, introduce yourself!" At this last, Aria faces the general group and loudly announces, "Everyone, I just found this girl hiding upstairs! Apparently she's joined the Fellowship, but she didn't want to come join us all."

***(proceeds to write perspectives from all *counting in head* all of my characters)****
Herate looked up, there was apparently another new person here. How many people were there in this group, anyway? She turned back to her Starburst roasting, it had begun to bubble. She didn't even notice when Daolan stood up.
Daolan looked up as well, disinterested in the new person. Except... she was from First of the Sun?(Yes, he's Cosmere aware) She appeared to have an Aviar, but she couldn't be old enough yet to be trained as a trapper. He stood up, smiling. "Hello! I'm Daolan, what's your name?"
Hiiri was still invisible in the corner, but she slowly faded back into view as she considered the newcomer. She looked shy. Maybe they could be friends? Hiiri decided that she wouldn't make the first move, but if this person was friendly, perhaps they could be friends.
Allegra kept her head down. It wasn't a surprise to her anymore when this happened, but it did get a little old. Aria was just the kind of person that found new friends everywhere she went, and Allegra was not.
I looked up. Aria had found another person, but she didn't look like she could do much. I massaged her forehead. She was trying not to think of people in their literal value any more, but it still slipped through at times. This girl looked shy, like maybe she could use a friend? I resolved to offer friendship once it was a bit more private.
Aria wasn't sure why this girl had been hiding upstairs, but she had looked lonely. Aria hated when she was lonely, so she brought the girl downstairs to make a couple of new friends!
Noche tugged on her wrist, which was enclosed in the tight grip of this crazy woman. She had been peacefully listening to the conversation from the hallway leading to the stairs, then the woman had come up the stairs and dragged her down, spouting off some nonsense about making friends. She would have preferred to stay up there listening, she didn't like to socialize.

A man stood up and introduced himself as Daolan, then asked for her name. She ceased her struggling for a bit to examine him, then decided he was probably fine. "Second of the Night," she said.
*******(and one more from Daolan)
Daolan smiled again, though inside he was holding back a torrent of questions. "Nice to meet you, Second of the Night."

"Hello, Second of the Nigh! Pleasure to meet you. You've been hiding in our attic this entire time? Don't worry; we don't bite."

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hello, Second of the Nigh! Pleasure to meet you. You've been hiding in our attic this entire time? Don't worry; we don't bite."

Noche nods in response to the question, but doesn't say anything. She's uncomfortable with all of these people, but the crazy woman is still holding tightly onto her wrist.

49 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Noche nodded, albeit warily.

Fadran poured her a glass and approached her carefully. He hands her the cider, putting on his rarely-seen paternal smile. "You're safe with us... probably. Actually, probably not. We tend to get into a lot of trouble. Do you like trouble?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran poured her a glass and approached her carefully. He hands her the cider, putting on his rarely-seen paternal smile. "You're safe with us... probably. Actually, probably not. We tend to get into a lot of trouble. Do you like trouble?"

Noche took the glass of cider and sniffs it, then takes a sip. Her eyes widen a little bit and she takes another sip before answering, "I think trouble is something that one has without wanting it, and it doesn't ask for liking. It just is." She takes another sip, watching him to assess his reaction.

Edited by Condensation

10 minutes ago, Danex said:

How is this the very first time I’ve seen this thread???

You just gotta use those massive pom-pom googly eyes of yours to look harder!

Just now, Condensation said:

Noche took the glass of cider and sniffs it, then takes a sip. Her eyes widen a little bit and she takes another sip before answering, "I think trouble is something that one has without wanting it, and it doesn't ask for liking. It just is." She takes another sip, watching Fadran to assess his reaction.

"That pretty much sums it up." He carefully places a hand on her shoulder. "Come on; I'll introduce you to the others."

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Great! Welcome, Noche, to the Fellowship of the Thing."

Luz ran over. "What are you thinking?" he asked. "You can't get caught up with these guys, you have to get home to Dad!" Noche glared at him, but she didn't reply. It would look strange to talk to him in front of all of these people.

Just now, Condensation said:

Luz ran over. "What are you thinking?" he asked. "You can't get caught up with these guys, you have to get home to Dad!" Noche glared at him, but she didn't reply. It would look strange to talk to him in front of all of these people.

Fadran glances between Luz and Noche. "Umm... I don't want to take you away from your family or anything."