What Happened in Edmonton (Reboot!)

breakingamber

Gyroto.jpg.7744109338f49e2c252bee92add9228a.jpg

Gyroto had no idea what to say. One of the most powerful Epics in Edmonton was furious at this girl - Kaia? - and she was spouting nonsense. She had no idea how much trouble she was in.

Or how much he was in, he realized. Blockade usually saw him as a valued second, but if he got too... Epic-y, that changed. Quickly.

He popped out his rotors again. If Blockade started brawling with a speed Epic, he wanted to be off the ground, and preferably out of the death bubble entirely. He did have a report to give... 

Blockade.jpg.90da96b973d8c4320af052730adf7dbd.jpg

Blockade collapsed a field at the nearest building - one he'd managed to cover just a few days ago. Ripping open the door - not bothering to see whether it stayed on his hinges - he stepped inside. Moments later, he kicked down the outside door.

The bubble containing the girl and a very nervous looking Gyroto was just ahead. He planned out a shape, then made a new field just around the outside of it - one that fit him right within the edges. Then he collapsed the old field.

If they hadn't been paying attention, it would look like he phased through the field. There was a decent chance they would notice the shift in borders, but that wasn't the point.

He crossed his arms. 

"Explain this. Now."

5fd52a385332f_warlockheader22.jpg.74f7e1114261df61363f9ff141b5ab67.jpg 

"Bah, go away and stop s-t-a-l-k-i-n-g the sparks out of us." The rainbow Epic responds. "AHE sounds lame, too. High epics are rare and so is people joining your organization."

"I wasn't necessarily talking to you," Warlock replies. He looks at the other member in the group who hasn't spoken yet. "It would be in your best interests to consider joining the AHE."

@Fallapede

"Uh huh. Yeah, about that..." As Eliza turns, to face him, she pulls out the the blade she's been growing in her chest for the last few seconds and leaps for the Epic. He's clearly out of her league, but maybe the element of surprise will let her get lucky. Breakneck rears itself again, and she's barely able to force it down this time. It's getting worse. Focus on not dying, Eliza. Worry about this later.

here.png.30ae17bf44b0824fc6fcdda1a1c34ca7.png

Okay, so now he's really mad. Like a mango stickman. Kaia thinks as the man phases through the bagel. Meh, wouldn't care to have a bag of chips or coconut trumpets.

"Explain this. Now."

"Stickything and banana land mines!" Kaia exclaims, "we were just talking about Melons, fire ants, and Chipmunk trees! and then the roof fell and a snowman emerged Hard reset?" 

"And then you came meloning out of the blue and there was a whole lot of bagels and palindromes." Kaia says. "Any questions?"

@Ookla Fell From The Sky

Moonglow-finished.png.8ffeb60939fd343b8fce5b144cdddd95.png

"That still doesn't explain much..." Moonglow muttered as the building reappeared, luckily enough, and whatever Eidolon had done seemed to have stopped as well. She wondered if it might have something to do with that disappearing act he pulled though, given that moving into a different world or dimension could work though.

At that moment her mobile rang. "Yes..." she answered after hearing them out, "dealing with other Epics... Hmm, alright, increase the guard, just to be sure, and keep rapid response units ready for the next few days, in case they're not gone." She paused slightly as they mentioned something else. "No, now that you mention it, I hadn't noticed. A bubble covering a large industry section is rather subtle, but I'll take a look anyway." She added, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Not very professional, but she needed to blow of some steam, and killing them wasn't an option, partially because they weren't present.

"Well, apparently Depravity's monsters retreated again," she told Eidolon, "so I guess it's time to go check out my new neighbour to the south-east."

5fd5365c1e823_warlockheader22.jpg.a2c6d73f17cff011061cebabf53977f4.jpg

The unknown person decides to stab Warlock. She has it coming for her, Warlock thinks as his Healer Orb heals him. He enhances his strength by 3 Increments and grabs her wrists, efficiently forces her to the ground. He glances at the Ranged Orb, sending it the command to be ready to shoot her in an instant.

"Nice to meet you too," He says. With a single thought the Barrier Orb forms a wall between the other two and Warlock. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

neweidolonheader1.png.916e9d2044aa42fac11d0c754b94992d.png

"Well, apparently Depravity's monsters retreated again," Moonglow says, "so I guess it's time to go check out my new neighbor to the south-east."

Eidolon nods.

Edited by Not an Ookla
The Shard messed up my account but it's fixed

"Yeah, figures. Ya got me. I don't suppose you'd have any interest in lettin' me go, would ya? I got places to be." She's not even afraid, at this point. Just angry. Angry at herself, for thinking she could take someone like this on. Angry at this stupid Epic, for having power nobody should have. Angry at Calamity, and this whole stupid world. Breakneck, for once, is strangely silent, but she wouldn't stop it right now if she could. She crafts her teeth to be sharper, just in case, and then she waits.

Edited by Fallapede
Posted earlier than I meant to

5fd53f81b65d4_warlockheader22.jpg.61a0f10c47a9db17a89a5141c0e9ffab.jpg

Warlock continues holding the Epic's wrists. "Explain to me what went through your mind to try and attack one of the most powerful Epics in Edmonton." 

He looks at the other two. The assumer has his gun out and is moving around the wall. 

Not so fast, Warlock thinks. He commands the Ranged Orb to move to a spot where it could shoot the assumer but also shoot Eliza. The assumer freezes.

5fd6489887f7a_warlockheader22.jpg.0f6028490cde4b2267a0924b9ade73f2.jpg

"Wasn't so much about what was goin' through my mind as what I was gonna make go through yours, if ya catch my drift." Eliza says. Warlock shakes his head. She is actually crazy, and that's saying something because he has met many... unstable Epics. He summons a Restraint Orb that shackles the Epic's ankles together before releasing her wrists.

Edited by Not an Ookla

Blockade.jpg.d5699ed98c82f3404ff7fef2bc10ffb2.jpg

"Stickything and banana land mines! We were just talking about Melons, fire ants, and Chipmunk trees! and then the roof fell and a snowman emerged Hard reset? And then you came meloning out of the blue and there was a whole lot of bagels and palindromes. Any questions?"

What in Calamity's name...

Gyroto hit a button on his helmet, then started muttering. His voice started echoing in his earpiece. "She's a speed Epic. Was tapping on the field... fast. I don't think the ripple or cracks actually left the surface, but it was cracking...". He paused. "And yes, she was talking to me like this. But a bit more coherently. But... yeah."

Blockade nodded curtly, then turned to the little Epic. "So you want to mess with something that's not yours..." he said under his breath.

Then his eyes flashed. Two cyan hemispheres appeared, encapsulating the girl's feet at the ankles, fusing them to the ground. Maybe they would hold her, maybe they wouldn't. But he had a hunch they would hold her for long enough.

He walked up to her. "I won't ask again," he said, placing a similar field over his own hand, letting it swing freely, like some strange flail.

"You were doing something to that field," he said, pointing. "What. Where. You. Doing."

@Exotwo

All ally could do was watch.

she watched as guy with the black stuff started beating up eliza. 

She watched Zyth cower. And she knew it was enough. She sends a rainbow projectile at Zyth that misses.  

"ALL OF YOU GO AWAY NOW." she yells. "BEFORE I KILL YOU." 

a lot of looks come her way. she'll kill them later. but for now, she needed to kill Zyth. 

here.png.d3f6bfe2abc5427c5808904e78eb49bc.png

Oh no so now this guy is real mad. or demonic. cause he decided to root her. or what now?

Maybe meloning bananaparralelagram. what a score color carnage.

"You were doing something to that field," he said, pointing. "What. Where. You. Doing."

He makes a flail that Kaia is definitly NOT worried about. 

Could be bumblebears around. keep handguns at ready

"Honeydew." Kaia answers. "and Bumblebears. maybe tapping it? or argoning bouncy fear-me-fire-balls. it looked like a chococo fact-Prority gain over music?"

Now what? Thikc?

After a weird pause, she contiues "Phobiaphobia halflings that are thikc and boshank?"

@kenod, @Not an Ookla

@Ookla Fell From The Sky, @Fallapede

Edited by Exotwo
Grammar and Tagging

Moonglow-finished.png.f8ec28891407877ecddea7977b9c3568.png

Moonglow looked at Eidolon's nod, and shook her head. "Ah, sorry, but I won't be going myself," she said. "I still have other matters to attend to as well, administrative, mostly, and heading out to meet a new Epic who apparently decided to create his own territory isn't something to just do on a whim. Especially since I've claimed territory of my own it can easily be seen as an attack. Things like that need to be arranged beforehand. I'll be sending an associate of mine, but I won't go myself, not until a formal meeting is agreed upon."

Blockade.jpg.8cb779f066dbbcd696787741f1f6c292.jpg

"Honeydew. And Bumblebears. maybe tapping it? or argoning bouncy fear-me-fire-balls. it looked like a chococo fact-Prority gain over music?" Pause. "Phobiaphobia halflings that are thikc and boshank?"

Three coherent words.

You stare a High Epic in the face and that's what you come up with?

"I don't have time for this," Blockade said simply. He created two new fields around the Epic's wrists, Locking them in place as he did her ankles. Then he turned, dismissing the field that entrapped the three of them and instead reinforcing the main field with a overlapping shield. This nonsensical Epic somehow interfered with that field. He didn't want it to happen again.

"Gyroto. With me. Now," he said, beckoning with a glowing finger. The man was at his shoulder in an instant, using his propellers to get a boost in speed. "I take it this is the problem you wanted taken care of?" he said, walking away from the field and the trapped Epic.

"Somewhat. This happened mid-report. The others concern our dear neighbors. A... servant of the corrupter Epic - Depravity, not... a servant of Depravity requested a meeting. And then something happened in Moonglow's territory. I think they're getting ready to do something. Possibly a military venture."

"Calamity," Blockade said simply. He paused. "Hmm. You head to Depravity's..."

No. Blockade's anger still burned. He itched for a fight, to turn around and pulverize the girl who dared defy him. This was no time to meet the Epics of Edmonton who truly posed a threat.

His fists clenched. One was still incased in a field, centered on his fist but mobile.

"No. We wait. If Moonglow comes to us, so be it. In the meantime..."

He slammed his fielded fist into the ground. The field shattered, sending a pulse of power out, as if a stick of dynamite had exploded outside of his hand. The combined forces made a small crater in the roadway. He didn't look at the girl trapped behind him.

"... we see if anyone is foolish enough to help calm me down."

skyheader2.jpg.53d05bac88f88a0aa5fb69d981bd0d3f.jpg

After dropping - literally - Cataclysm off at the AHEHQ, Skytaker had gotten permission from Duality to scout out the other Epics who are holding territory. As she flies over to inspect the blue dome, she notices a commotion just outside the bubble and flies closer to get a closer look.

After a few minutes of inspecting the bubble, Skytaker lands on the top and takes out a knife, trying to cut open the bubble. It doesn't work, as expected. She takes flight again. 

After her second time flying around the bubble, she notices a girl trapped in a similar coloured bubble to the one behind her. She drops down next to the girl but doesn't free her. She might be dangerous. "What did you do?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zyth_header33.png.0dd4c21965b942c3709ad6bc630c64d6.png5fd833b2ee411_warlockheader22.jpg.d746eb69463753c8e1d939b8b8329d52.jpg

Zyth did not appreciate the way Ally was looking at him. Suddenly, a rainbow projectile appears and flies straight at him, barely missing. There's a pause as his brain scrambles to catch up to current events.

She's trying to kill me? He thinks, alarmed. He glances at the Orb and then back to Ally, deciding that she is a bigger danger than the Orb as he moves to a spot where the barrier is between them. Warlock barely manages to get his command across in time so that the Orb doesn't shoot Zyth.

Warlock glances back at the Epic who had attacked him, letting the Restraint Orb and Barrier Orb go back to Orb form. He commands his Ranged Orb to back off as Zyth panickily takes out his gun and shoots in the general direction of Ally, hoping one of the bullets might hit her before she spears him.

neweidolonheader1.png.d546ac98ed7aeb5f55e7eed43b3aa9a0.png

Moonglow starts talking again, shaking her head as a contrast to Eidolon's nod. "Ah, sorry, but I won't be going myself. I still have other matters to attend to as well, administrative, mostly, and heading out to meet a new Epic who apparently decided to create his own territory isn't something to just do on a whim. Especially since I've claimed territory of my own it can easily be seen as an attack. Things like that need to be arranged beforehand. I'll be sending an associate of mine, but I won't go myself, not until a formal meeting is agreed upon."

"I can go," Eidolon offers. "I'm expendable to you."

The Zyth shoots her. and she dies

(this is ally BTW)

here.png.e861074f1a7b93d4f557405e18fb4e44.png

"what did ya do?"

Kaia hesitates. Who is this mafiapineapple?

"I go by Pineapplemafia, which is a mental communicationjuice bottled into a rabbit that has wired grey." She responds honestly.

Moonglow-finished.png.7db631918a7bba94ac569cb90a9f9c92.png

Moonglow thought for a second, before nodding. "If you'll come to my base in the city centre tomorrow I'll get a second associate of mine to accompany you," she said. "I won't be sending someone today, there'll probably be other epics trying to deal with our newcomer already. No need to get drowned out by the noise." Besides, showing up immediately might make it seem as if she was anxious, nervous at the appearance of a new Epic. Better to show up a day later, make it seem like less of a threat as well.

skyheader2.jpg.f731b9b175d81ad2f46811ab3187b55f.jpg

The girl says something incoherently along the lines of... Pineapplemafia?

Probably best to leave her, Skytaker decides. She starts to walk away.

zyth_header33.png.8d85297a2ff4a0235691a2ce1b83ff12.png5fdbea0a8f084_warlockheader22.jpg.e419efff38f6311ff7a45deb68f7ab35.jpg

The rainbow Epic dies. Warlock blinks, but it's Zyth who is more surprised. He takes a half-step back, looking around. "What just happened?"

"You killed her," Warlock replies. Zyth blankly looks at him. Warlock gestures to the gun Zyth is still holding and he drops it with a yelp. 

That's not very Epic-like, Warlock thinks. Maybe Plainherder was wrong? He glances over to where the Epic is hidden away.

Zyth presses his hand against his head. "I feel odd," he mumbles. 

It's probably best to leave and watch them, Warlock decides. He walks back to where Plainherder is and leaves, texting Duality, Unsure if is assumer, will watch.

The Complete Sundew (Drosera) Growing and Care Guide - Terrarium Planting  Guide

A day ago

Sundew viewed the park. Yes. It would make a good base of operations. Normally she could set up a base in any location, except parks were most efficient, as enemies were nearby.

Sundew preferred reasoning with her enemies, but today, she would take this park. There was an uneasy tension when she announced her arrival, and surely enough an epic came out.

“This is under control of the AHE. If you came to join, it would be your best interest-”

“I did not come here for an association,” She said calmly. “I came here for this land. I will fight you for it.”

“Very well then.” The mysterious epic says, before missing a lightning bolt aimed at her. She coldly smiled.

If this epic wants to keep this place, he’ll have to fight for it. Better know who he’s working for, first.

“What is the AHE?” She asks.

“Association Of High Epics, although we have minor epics to. Our leader is duality, located in the west, and she has impevous skin. We’re trying to push back Moonglow and the Corruption epic, so we can have more of the residential area.”

“But now I’m taking this park. Thanks.” She says.

The guy doesn’t like that. He singnals and troops come out.

Oh well, looks like enemies on day one.

She turns to the grass. Look, If you strangle him, I’ll give you his decomposed corpse. She said through her mind to the grass,

A reply came back, I willll thennn.

Although it nearly made her jump, her expressions showed no sign of hope or weakness. The mysterious epic sent another bolt of lightning towards her, which she absorbed, giving the grass around her scorch marks. The grass was making it’s way up along his body, when he finally noticed it.

“What in calamity’s name?” he says, looking at himself before trying to get the grass off him, which doesn’t work. “It was YOU!”

He tries to shoot a bunch of lightning at her, but instead missing and hitting the nearby base. The troops of his start shooting their pathetic guns. Sundew walks towards them, after throwing some seeds. A massive sundew plant bursts out of the ground, despite it being cement and starts snaring the soilders one by one.

She turns back to the lesser epic, who’s body is sprawled across the ground, with bruises around his neck that indicated that he had suffocated. She tosses some seeds on parts of the soil, and starts growing an overgrown venus flytrap. She throws the body over to it so it can feed.

Turning around, she sees the rest of the solders, the ones that haven’t been aten by that massive sundew, stare speechless, before a brave mortal asks, “what are you going to do to us?”

She answers in a noncommittal reply, “you’ll be put to good use.”

Some of the soilders look releved after that, but after she grows a pitcher plant large enough to fit a man, they start to tremble. Then she throws them in, to make the pitcher plant trust her more.

She pulls out her mobile. “Bring in our men.”

More soiders from her faction start entering the park. She addresses them.  “All of you, make this place better.”

She starts adding plants of her own, waterwheels, which were plants that dragged their prey underwater to drown them, cobra lilies, which shot venom at the intruders and Macheihels, which she rarely used, but they were good around the edges where flying epics came, since their sap was poisonous and when it was raining you were as good as dead. The fruit of the machienhels would drive you insane, and the trees themselves covered a very big area. She did this around the edges of the park, which bordered a river, until about five hours have past and the sky starts to darken. She normally would’ve stayed outside longer, but making half of the park into a carnivorous jungle was tiring and she had no seeds left, but that was easily solved as she called the HQ back at the rockies to bring more seeds.

As she entered the HQ, she discovered it was actually nice for once. The soldiers had done a good job. There was carpet, and a greenhouse area for seed production. There was security and other stuff like that in place to, but that didn’t bother her as she went to sleep under the stars.

Present

She started the day by checking on that greenhouse that provided the seeds. She'd seen more impressive, such as the one in her HQ around the Penimba forks, but it was still power nonetheless. Her seeds had arrived overnight, and she grabbed some for utility purposes.

Everything was fine until that moment. That moment when she saw a bright real dome that wasn’t there yesterday.

That leaves me another person to negotiate with, she thought.

She was expecting the neighbouring factions to try to deforest her absolutely awesome jungle. Like really. It was nearly better than parts of hers back at home.

According to the AHE idiot, the nearest faction would be moonglow, who resided on the other side of the Saskatchewan river. But unfortunately she needed that territory. she walked up to a patrol. Across the bridge.

“Are you aligned with Moonglow?” she asks.

“yes, an-”

“then I need you to send moonglow a message.” Sundew said. “tell her that the Henrietta park area and the Accidental Beach are now a vast jungle, and that anyone who goes there dies. Then tell her that I shall provide her with food continuously, if she allows me to take the riverfront park and the riverdale park for my jungle territory, and if she wants to contact me, she can go to the 98th avenue.”

“um… sure?” the soldier says. He starts typing into a mobile, getting the message across.

“and one more thing.”

“Yes?”

“Tell her I would rather be allies instead of enemies.”

“um… sure. Your message has been sent, and Moonglow should receive it shortly.”

Let’s hope I end up with allies instead of enemies.

Edited by Exotwo
Sundew?

"Well, that was a disaster," Eliza sighs to nobody in particular, picking herself up and brushing the dust off. "Still, I suppose it's better to start small." Standing up fully, she walks over to where the remaining Epic is still crouched against the wall. No fancy business this time, just good ol' fashioned steel. She makes sure to look him dead in the eyes as she pulls a knife from her boot and stabs him in the neck. "In case this ain't enough to kill you for good, make sure you let your Epic friends know I'm comin' for them next."

Remi wandered around this new city, wondering how many epics were in it. The answer came to her when she noticed a blue dome.

Now it wasn’t any sort of teal dome, it was massive. About a mile in every direction including up. Remi causally moved towards it, because if the girl wanted something, and she was an epic, there was really only one option. And then she noticed. There was a kid, a girl that seemed to be stuck in place because of mini, orange sized teal bubbles that seemed to be sticking to her. she appeared an epic

Part of Remi wanted to ignore that little kid, who was probably teenage, and go on with her completely normal day. But the rest of her wanted to help that girl and figure out what happened to her.

She walked up to that girl, who then said, “marshmallow Telephone box with extra city crypton.”

I don’t even want to know

Okay, so she met a mental epic. Time to figure out what happened. “do you want me to pop those things?”

“Malo.”

What did that even mean? It sounded like halo with a M in front. Man, no one played Halo these days. It had died out 10 years ago, and video games died out in general. Besides, Halo was a pretty trash game anyways, not that her fool of a mother would ever let her play it. Did this kid have a mental disorder or what?

The incoherent words continued. “foggy glass of death certificate.”

Okay, so definitely a mental disorder. She pulled out a knife and popped one of the bubbles on the girl’s left wrist. “you all right?” she asked.

“sore… nonagons.”

Yay. A coherent word. That was a good start.  She continued popping them. Once all the bubbles were gone, she asked, “so what happened?”

“raging Treebeast meloned Grim grinning ghosties.”

Raging Treebeast. Was that some sort of code word or a nickname of some kind? Then Meloned. What did that mean? Was she hungry or did she anger an epic or something? And there was Grim Grinning Ghosties, which was some sort of Halloween song, or something that was pre-calamity. “are you hungry?” Remi asked.

“100 percent. I could definitely use some domino thing because I ran out of food with gummy bear.”

She rifles through her pockets and finds a nice pack of candy. She passed it to the young epic, who then began to eat them. Maybe she could find that person that this girl angered. Actually, might be nice to know their name. “What’s your name? Mine is Remi.”

“Kaia.” The girl, Kaia says.

Okay, finally a complete sentence. What a good start. This girl, Kaia seemed to have a mental disorder, and had also probably angered the Teal forcefield epic that set up the massive forcefield that Kaia was now trying to touch. So where was that epic? Remi finally spotted the Epic. It was quite obvious actually. He was wearing some sort of teal armor that seemed to be like that giant dome behind her.

Should she just try to run away at this point? Probably. But then Kaia said “let’s go Doomfire that Raging Treebeast and Honeydewman.”

She had probably meant the forcefield man, and his assistant, which Remi just noticed. Doomfire probably meant kill. But why would she do that? But why, wouldn’t she just want to get as far away from said blue forcefield epic. Oh wait, she was an epic. Epics didn’t just walk away from unfinished battles. They just had to finish it for some, probably stupid reason. Remi personally hated the idea of angering a powerful epic, one powerful enough to make a colossal dome, but it was too late. Kaia was already rushing at an abnormal speed towards the two epics.

“that’s probably a very bad ide-”

But Kaia was already there and was talking her gibberish to them. What a great way to aggravate an Epic. Remi walked after Kaia, and said to the guy, “I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience.”

Sparks. It was probably a bad idea altogether to help that weird epic, but there was no changing time. She had to get away, but epics didn’t generally like the idea of people running away. Ugh. Now she had to endure a battle between two epics, and hopefully not die in the process. This was beginning to look like a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...

duality.png.7eef58bc73c49987ed8d449d8b986a8c.png

Duality had been chilling in her office when her mobile buzzed. She sighs. “Not now, Warlock,” she says aloud, checking who sent her a text. It’s not Warlock.

Plant Epic took over base by Moonglow, turned it into a jungle, the text reads, and killed everyone.

That was unexpected. Duality frowns and replies, Who is this.

AHE GT12920, The solider responds.

Stand by, Duality types as she searches the databases. Information pops up on the screen:

GT12920: Stationed at Park Outpost, Edmonton.

Another person messages her: Unsure if is assumer, will watch. This one is from Warlock.

“Can no one do anything properly today?” Duality says, annoyed. She calls Skytaker, who is checking the blue dome. “I need you to check on the park outpost by Moonglow’s territory,” Duality tells her. “I’ve been told that it’s been taken over by a plant Epic.”

“On it,” Skytaker responds. That’s one down, several more to go. Duality messages Warlock. I need you to take your soldiers to the park outpost by Moonglow’s territory.

What happened there? Warlock replies.

I was told plant Epic. Skytaker is checking, Update you in a bit.

“Yep, the outpost has been taken over. It’s a jungle now,” Skytaker says, still on call with Duality.

“Great. Check around for the plant Epic. I have Warlock and his soldiers coming, and I’ll send flamethrowers.” Duality hangs up, then texts Warlock again, I need you at the park-turned-jungle ASAP.

skyheader2.jpg.d8520cf2ba1e1801b4634495eb1283b7.jpg

Skytaker should have probably felt at least slightly annoyed that Duality didn’t think her capable enough to take down a plant Epic. The thought crosses her mind briefly as she lands after completing her circuit of the jungle, but she dismisses it and instead surveys the jungle. She can't see anyone through the dense foliage, although she recognizes a few plants that must have been altered by the plant Epic's abilities. Approaching the jungle's edge to get a closer look, she notices an altered man-eating plant hidden away. 

Probably best to not enter without flamethrowers, She decides, backing away from the jungle and taking flight again, feeling safer in the air- until she notices the trees that must be designed to stop flying Epics from entering. Hovering near the jungle, she calls out, “Hello? Is anyone there?”

neweidolonheader1.png.25dfb04cdc391cb10cb49e72b2e29f32.png

"If you'll come to my base in the city center tomorrow I'll get a second associate of mine to accompany you," Moonglow says. Eidolon nods in response before sending himself to the spirit world. No point in wasting words. Plus, he's getting hungry.

zyth_header33.png.432d127caa091052fbecd2fe617406d1.png

One moment Zyth was perfectly alive and the next he was getting stabbed in the neck. He doesn’t hear what Eliza says as the world goes black.

Unknown Amount of Hours Later…

Zyth wakes in a slightly familiar place. He lies there for a moment, trying to remember what exactly had happened.

Oh, right. Getting stabbed by Eliza.

The memories crash back down onto him and he groans, trying to sit up. Does that mean I’m an Epic? He wonders, then shakes his head. It must have been something else. Maybe someone saved me, or it was a nightmare.

But the events felt real, more than a dream could ever be. He doesn’t want to think about that. He stumbles out of the abandoned building and looks around, spotting the bright blue dome instantly. Heading to the blue dome is likely his best chance, he realizes.

He starts walking.

Edited by Not an Ookla
100th post!!

The Complete Sundew (Drosera) Growing and Care Guide - Terrarium Planting  Guide

Turning half a park into a jungle took more effort than you may think.

“Hello? Is anyone there?” A female voice calls out

The voice echoes through the jungle. Hmmm. Sundew pulls out her mobile and asks to the patrols, Did anyone see anything on mid-day patrol.

She nearly gets her answer immediately. Flyer, examining the jungle.

Flyer? But Sundew had set up defences to get rid of curious flyers. Are they dead? Sundew says into her mobile.

No, they are alive.

Going to die? Poisoned? Sundew types back.

No, they are still alive and not poisoned.

That would be quite impressive. If one flew around sundew’s territory without getting hit by a cobra lily or killed by a machehell.

She starts heading in the direction where the voice had called out. Sundew continues as always, scouting the area out in front of her with plants’ sight.

Eventually she had reached the flyer. Was that… Sky… what was it? Skybreaker? Skymaker? Skyshaker? Skycaker? That last one didn’t sound right. Skybaker? That sounded right.

But what was Skybaker doing in her territory?

Oh right. The ah-he-ee incident.

Clenching a seed of a sundew plant, Sundew said, “Yes, there is people in here, perfectly alive and everything.”

After a pause, Sundew continues, “So this is probably relating to the ah-he-ee accident. I did not know that the ah-he-ee had enough high epics to distribute one like Skybaker to an outpost to scout.”

According to the data she had of Edmonton epics, Skybaker had healing factor and air manipulation, not that it could kill her plants or anything, and also had some sort of air solidification.

“Maybe we could sort something out.”

Skybaker could be easily killed, but that would probably anger the ah-he-ee even farther, which would probably end up with those fire epics destroying the parks. Fire epics were chaos. They always created more destruction then they originally intended, and were quite destructive.

Flamethrowers, on the other hand, were simple to counter. When you have positioned cherrychoke trees all around the park, minor fires were not as much as a catastrophe as they should be.

And the second question was, why chose the name Skybaker? Like it had nothing to do with the flyer’s powers. Some epics were just dumb like that. Hopefully not this one, though.

Edited by Exotwo
They are coming... the Sundews are coming... yes yes they are...

skyheader2.jpg.a6475560f3bd91e1901a339d3e9418f1.jpg

“Yes, there is people in here, perfectly alive and everything,” A voice says from the jungle. There’s a pause, and Skytaker starts to think about healing, just in case. “So this is probably relating to the ah-he-ee accident. I did not know that the ah-he-ee had enough high epics to distribute one like Skybaker to an outpost to scout.”

“Skybaker?” She echoes. “I’m Skytaker. It seems you have been misinformed.”

At that moment, Warlock and his soldiers drive up the road and jump out. Skytaker does a quick count. There is thirty of them, with eight flamethrowers.

Warlock walks up and stands next to Skytaker. “Status?” He asks her softly.

“Someone just said there’s people in the jungle, and something to do with ah-he-ee?” She replies quietly.

Warlock shakes his head. “AHE isn’t that hard to pronounce.”

Raising his voice, he shouts to the jungle. “Now come out of there slowly with your hands up.”

He makes a sharp motion to his soldiers and they fan out, keeping far away from the plants.

“Skybaker?” She echoes. “I’m Skytaker. It seems you have been misinformed.”

“Now come out of there slowly with your hands up.”

A male voice. oh.

The new epic, or at least it seemed like an epic, because the ah-he-ee wasn't stupid enough to send a Maple to go back up Skybaker- wait no, Skytaker. If it was truly another maple, then the ah-he-ee deserved to fall apart.

the female, clearly annoyed at Sundew, seemed more diplomatic, even in a annoyed way. the male, on the other hand, just seemed idiotic. asking epics to 'come out slowly with their hands up' was just stupid. Most Epics could use their abilities without hand motions, and completely surprise the fools that said that mundane statement.

Sundew takes a look at the forces of the enemy.

Enemy? is that how I think of them? 

about thirty soldiers, eight with those sparking calamity cursed flamethrowers, which they would find were quite ineffective on the jungle; the plants would send out shreds of flaming leaves when heated, making it a catastrophe for the other people nearby. 

And there was Wardrobe, on the ground, next to Skybaker-taker. Sparks. Wardrobe was a really powerful epic, it was surprising that he was not the leader of the ah-he-ee. there must have been a more powerful epic, which in change, meant more stability and power to the ah-he-ee. apparently, all he'd need to do was wait, and after an hour, he'd be completely OP, arguably more powerful than the Cy in Edmonton. the rumor about that girl was that she left Edmonton to take over Calgary. 

Maybe she could turn this into a position of power.

Realizing she had taken a minute, the soldiers were squinting into the jungle, trying to spot something. then she walks out, to the edge of her jungle.

"You do realize that these spiteater plants can get you." Sundew said, gesturing towards a plant attached on to a tree. she hasn't put her hands up, so a bunch of soldiers glare at her.

"I don't mean that as a threat, it's just that I had to stop them twice from shooting you all." Sundew said. "And hello Wardrobe, sorry if I got your name wrong, Skybaker-taker and I were just discussing a Diplomatic Way of solving things."

A pause, and then "I will make an offer for you. I will create food for you, as from what I know, your food stock is... inefficient." Sundew knew that the ah-he-ee was plundering the shops around in their territory to get food. "but I require land. I will require assistance to dominate the area around to turn it into farmland. I, of course would help you if you require my assistance, If you accept the offer. All I ask from you is that you don't get in my way and stop telling me to put my hands in the air."

Edited by Exotwo
They are coming... the Sundews are coming... yes yes they are...