RoW Predictions for non-preview chapter readers

danex

I just realized there isn’t really a place to talk about RoW for those of us who are wanting to avoid the Preview Chapters. So I made one. Again, this is only for people who HAVE NOT read any preview chapters at all. Only up to Oathbringer.

What do you guys think is going to happen? 

I don’t think Adolin survives this book, ngl. I am almost positive he’s gonna die at some point, either this or book 5. The only real dangling thread in his arc is Maya and all that, and I feel like that could be resolved in one book. 

Kal is definitely getting some rad Radiant Armor, if that is what happens when he swears the next oath. Point is he’s definitely swearing next oath, my bet is around halfway through the book. 

Navani might die, could see that fitting well into Dalinar’s arc. Because he hasn’t been through enough, obviously. 

I really don’t have any predictions for Shallan, she’s kinda a wild card to me right now. 

So what about you guys, thoughts on my predictions? Predictions of your own?

Spoiler

@Ciridae How are you viewing my topic before I’ve even posted it?!?771016B5-E3F7-49C7-9358-CB878D23A1D6.jpeg.98ed504b8a385769961d11655075aefe.jpeg

Edited by Danex

@Danex I like the idea of this topic, though I otherwise am not going to be posting here as I am reading the preview chapters :-P with regards to a member reading the unwritten topic, however, note that your name comes after theirs. They are actually writing a new post while you are, and so you are both seeing the same page - a new topic in the Stormlight Archive section, its just you are both making separate ones :-P hope that helps!

Oh! Predictions! I love predictions! Get ready for some real crackpot/tinfoil stuff. I haven't read any of the preview chapters, but I've seen a few thread titles. THAT BEING SAID, I'm keeping my theories to the stuff I've said even before I saw the thread titles. So if there's overlap, it's because of my awesome theorizing skills I just happened to potentially get something right. But since I've never had a single prediction about Sanderson's works be right (outside of maybe one Starsight prediction), I'm not too worried. 

Shallan bonds Sja-Anat in an effort to tie down the Unmade, and gains some awesome new powers out of it. She can then use these powers to possibly "Enlighten" Maya and bring her back to full life. (Either that or Adolin finds a way to gain Breaths - or turn Stormlight into Breaths or another form of Investiture - and somehow uses that to help bring Maya to life. The point is that Maya wont' come back to life easily.) Unfortunately, this bond goes back to Odium who then chooses her unborn child to be his Champion. 

I do think that the cover has Adolin with Nightblood or another Type 4 blade like Nightblood. Adolin has trained under Zahel and encountered Azure. Next on his list should be Nightblood at some point. And I can see Szeth not wanting to give the blade up, but Dalinar commanding the Shin to do so. It may benefit all parties involved: If Team Odium knows about Nightblood, they may try to take it. So it's better to have the blade disappear out of enemy hands. It also gives Adolin a way to defend himself against the Fused in Shadesmar. Lastly, Nightblood may be interfering with Szeth's bond with his own Spren. If that's the case, lending out Nightblood for a time may help out Szeth. 

Kaladin and Jasnah will spend some quality time together. :P

Rlain will have a big part in this book when it comes to finding out where the rest of his people are.  

Navani will invent some sort of Fabrial-Gun (not my idea, but I found it horrifying enough to be real). 

Dalinar will give Rock Oathbringer at some point or another. My bet is closer to the end of the story. Whatever Adolin does to revive Maya, Rock will do with Oathbringer during his own novella in-between books 4 & 5. 

The scene with the Shameful Ribbon will not be a happy one. 

Kaladin gets a dang hug, or maybe that's my wishful thinking.  My other Kaladin theories, in no particular order; A showdown against Moash at some point, and I think that at some point, he's going to have a shouting match with Lirin (don't ask me how Lirin's there) and they start to resolve their differences.

Shallan: There is no way she just shut down the Veil and Radiant slips at the end of Oathbringer.  So I expect that to come back somehow.  

As for Dalinar, I'm thinking he's going to suffer some sort of injury that keeps him out of the field.  (I dunno how, but somehow.)

So these are less of predictions and more of what I want to happen.

Kaladin will speak the 4th oath. The sooner the better. If anyone gets shardplate on screen before him I will be mad.

Shallan will.... I really have no idea and don't really care.

Dalinar will for some reason or another regress into alcohol.

Venli will escape odium with transportation either at the end of part 1 or 2 or the end of the book.

Adolin will revive Maya and come in and save the day with slidey awesomeness.

Szeth and Lift will start to spend time together, and Szeth will help Lift to improve her slidey skills.

Thank you so much for making this @Danex

2 hours ago, KevinW said:

I believe Veil and "Shallan" were the lightweaving. "Radiant" was the real Shallan in plate. just a theory

2 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Veil was the real one, (from what I remember) and so Radiant's Shardplate had to be a illusion. 

It was Radiant. 

As quoted from Chapter 120 - The Spear That Would Not Break. 

Jasnah Soulcast a spark from the air, igniting the oil and castin gup a field of flames. The Fused raised hands before their faces, stumbling back. 

"That should buy us a few moments." Jasnah turned toward Radiant, Veil, and Shallan. She took Shallan by the arm - but Shallan wavered, then puffed away. Jasnah froze, the turned to Veil. 

"Here," Radiant said, tired, stumbling to her feet. She was the one Jasnah could feel. 

On 9/28/2020 at 10:44 PM, Spren of Kindness said:

Kaladin gets a dang hug, or maybe that's my wishful thinking.  My other Kaladin theories, in no particular order; A showdown against Moash at some point, and I think that at some point, he's going to have a shouting match with Lirin (don't ask me how Lirin's there) and they start to resolve their differences.

Shallan: There is no way she just shut down the Veil and Radiant slips at the end of Oathbringer.  So I expect that to come back somehow.  

As for Dalinar, I'm thinking he's going to suffer some sort of injury that keeps him out of the field.  (I dunno how, but somehow.)

Almighty knows Kal needs it

Great Idea!

I'm currently in the middle of a reread (finished WoR last night) and think that there's so much to theorize about. I think there is definitely going to be a major character's death (true death that is). I know that Brandon said that one of the main scenes in all of SA is in this book and I can't wait to see what it actually is. I have no theories at all though about it, though I would love to see Odium make an appearance. 

I think more Oaths will be made so we can get more INCREDIBLE Radiant scenes like in WoR and OB. 

I really hope Wit starts meddling a bit more. I know it isn't really his MO, but I want him dropping more Cosmere knowledge on us. And he's just an incredible character - the best version of Hoid so far. 

I'm also VERY interested in what the Obsidian prism/building/structure/thing is that is pictured in the RoW cover art. It looks very spooky and therefore very interesting. 

I think it's a given that we learn more about Shadesmar and the nature of Spren in RoW too. 

AH We're SOOOOOOO Close. Worst part is, once RoW gets released, I'll probably finish it in a few weeks and then patiently wait another three years haha.

I was watching a replay of one of Brandon’s live-streams, and the someone asked what the Cosmere was, so he gave his usual answer and then said something along the lines “but yeah right now I want it to be more of an easter egg, I still want each book to be able to stand on its own” and then one of the mods in chat, I think it was Peter’s wife, said something like “as someone who’s read Stormlight 5, I think people are gonna start needing to understand the cosmere more”

so that’s like

super exciting 

crossover time

Other theories that I forgot the first time around:

The book will end with some big reveal about Shinovar. My current guess is that they either have all of the missing Shardblades or possibly even the Dawnshards. But they have something and it's going to freak everyone out. 

Hoid's story will be a lie. There's a lot of speculation that Hoid's story will be instrumental in one of the key scenes in this book, if not THE key scene. My theory is that he's going to convince someone to do something incredibly brave or sacrificial and it'll be seen as heroic...and during the epilogue, we'll see that Hoid manipulated the even for his own gain, making is afraid OF Hoid instead of afraid FOR him. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

2 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

The book will end with some big reveal about Shinovar. My current guess is that they either have all of the missing Shardblades or possibly even the Dawnshards. But they have something and it's going to freak everyone out. 

They do have the honorblades so its not much of a stretch. and I love thinking of a huge pile of shards in a dark room, just sitting there, and what that would look like in the cognitive realm.

Theory Time Round 3!!

This is more of a silly thing so PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS TOO SERIOUSLY, but I've seen some slight ship-to-ship combat when passing by the RoW section (along with the title of The Sandersonian Institute of Cosmere Studies podcast's 66th episode). So I just had a humorous thought. I'll put in a spoiler section. 

Spoiler

Instead of Kaladin getting with either Leshwi or Jasnah, what if he got with both of them? AKA, what if the OT3 Kaladin is involved with has nothing to do with Shallan and Adolin at all?

Reasons for this silly thought? Mostly humor, but maybe it'd satisfy more people.

Spoiler

We'd get Bi-Jasnah, a Human-Singer relationship, and Kaladin gets to be involved with TWO women. Now, Brandon pulling off a thruple/triad convincingly is something I'm honestly not sure he could do, but we'll never know if he doesn't try! 

...yeah, it won't happen. But it's fun to imagine for a moment!