The Linear Thread

Condensation

13 minutes ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

"Puppetmaster magician guy? We got two complaints involving him, so I'll need to talk with him. Seems like the rest about where you got the prophecy from are all trolls again." The man started to write on papers as he systematically took them out of the briefcase and then replaced them again. "Next, we have a few complaints about the party dynamic being not up to standards as established by ratings, what are you feelings about that?"

"What... you mean the fact that we don't have a completely balanced D&D squadron? Sometimes you don't get a fighter, rogue, spellcaster, healer, and optional support role. Sometimes you get an illusionist, the Dark Lord, a person named Q, and a literal freaking squid."

20 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What... you mean the fact that we don't have a completely balanced D&D squadron? Sometimes you don't get a fighter, rogue, spellcaster, healer, and optional support role. Sometimes you get an illusionist, the Dark Lord, a person named Q, and a literal freaking squid."

"Oh, you're jumping ahead of me, I was referring to the emotion and drama of the relationships in the group."

Edited by TheWard'sGuard

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The squirrel realized he hadn't asked anyone for nuts in a while so he fell out of a vent and yelled "Where are the nuts? Gimme em or I'll fight you all one on one!!!"

30 minutes ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

"Oh, you're jumping ahead of me, I was referring to the emotion and drama of the relationships in the group."

"Oh. You mean a Dark Lord being the friend of the supposed hero isn't good enough?"

29 minutes ago, Wind said:

The squirrel realized he hadn't asked anyone for nuts in a while so he fell out of a vent and yelled "Where are the nuts? Gimme em or I'll fight you all one on one!!!"

"Here. Squirrel person. How's about before we go, we find somewhere to buy you some nuts?"

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Oh. You mean a Dark Lord being the friend of the supposed hero isn't good enough?"

"Here. Squirrel person. How's about before we go, we find somewhere to buy you some nuts?"

"Yeah, you can see the problem. I've never been a fan of using ratings to determine what you should do in a show, but I guess that's why I'm in HR and not in story development. So you'd say that you're satisfied with your group's dynamic?"

22 minutes ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

"Yeah, you can see the problem. I've never been a fan of using ratings to determine what you should do in a show, but I guess that's why I'm in HR and not in story development. So you'd say that you're satisfied with your group's dynamic?"

"I'm never satisfied with anything." Ellis frowned, then, questioning himself, asked, "I'm not?"

17 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Gerald was speechless for a few moment.

"Good sir," he finally managed, "this is a privately operated quest."

"Uhh... yeah."

18 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Gerald was speechless for a few moment.

"Good sir," he finally managed, "this is a privately operated quest."

The man ponder on that statement for a short time."Hmmm, it seems that we have you in our data banks. There might be some clerical error in our system, or perhaps one of you has previously signed some form of binding contract? That isn't my specialty though, so if you want to resolve that issue we'll have to send down someone from the AQC in order to straighten that out. You'll of course have to file the appropriate paperwork."

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I don't think so," said Gerald, annoyed. "I know how this works. Somehow, it's never the little guy that wins, is it?" He waved his tentacles in a shoo-ing motion. "Now, get out before I get angry enough to do something stupid."

"I'm here to help the little guy, I simply want to be sure that you have a high quality prophecy to guide your adventure. As they say, it's the prophecy that makes the quest."

17 minutes ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

"I'm here to help the little guy, I simply want to be sure that you have a high quality prophecy to guide your adventure. As they say, it's the prophecy that makes the quest."

"Then what are you doing questioning us about group dynamics?" queried Gerald. "If you could direct us to the issuer of said prophecy, we can resolve the issue ourselves."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Then what are you doing questioning us about group dynamics?" queried Gerald. "If you could direct us to the issuer of said prophecy, we can resolve the issue ourselves."

"Actually," Q interrupted, mumbling loud enough for Gerald to hear, "group dynamics is key to a good quest. People who can connect with one another with ease tend to have a better outcome of a quest; however, if you don't have good dynamics, everything will go to crap to say the least. Being hot-headed will get us nowhere if you keep it up. Listen to the man, he has sound advice."

Just now, Mystic Syn said:

"Actually," Q interrupted, mumbling loud enough for Gerald to hear, "group dynamics is key to a good quest. People who can connect with one another with ease tend to have a better outcome of a quest; however, if you don't have good dynamics, everything will go to crap to say the least. Being hot-headed will get us nowhere if you keep it up. Listen to the man, he has sound advice."

"Yes, of course," said Gerald, exasperated, "but the point was, that has nothing to do with the quality of the prophecy!"

31 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Yes, of course," said Gerald, exasperated, "but the point was, that has nothing to do with the quality of the prophecy!"

"The group dynamic has everything to do with the quality of the prophecy. If the prophecy is excellent, then it will set up who is meant to be in the quest itself. This is important for setting up conflict and possible drama in the future. Now, did you want to fill out a CEF?"

"That's not what heard you say," grumbled Gerald. 

13 hours ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

"Puppetmaster magician guy? We got two complaints involving him, so I'll need to talk with him. Seems like the rest about where you got the prophecy from are all trolls again." The man started to write on papers as he systematically took them out of the briefcase and then replaced them again. "Next, we have a few complaints about the party dynamic being not up to standards as established by ratings, what are you feelings about that?"

"A clear transition," said Gerald. "And's who's making these complaints, anyhow?"

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"That's not what heard you say," grumbled Gerald. 

"A clear transition," said Gerald. "And's who's making these complaints, anyhow?"

"We have an anonymity clause that I'm not allowed to breach. Bored gods who have nothing better to do than critique people like you." The man cleared his throat. "Now, if you don't want to go over these complaints with me, I can have you sign a CCC form and I'll be on my way. Note, the CCC form will tell our system to stop sending people your way."

Edited by TheWard'sGuard

On 11/24/2020 at 6:30 PM, TheWard'sGuard said:

The man chuckles in amusement. "Of course, we have to have an order to everything."

"As I said, there's gotta be an order to everything. So these NRA-103 forms need to be filled so that we don't accidentally send another guy to talk with you. We just get complaints from time to time, they don't normally mean much, but I'm from the APAC, or the Agency for the Control and Appropriation of Prophecies. Quick question before we get this ball rolling, is this your first dealing with a prophecy?"

The man whips out another form and a pen from one of his many suit pockets.

"I'm not signing anything. At least not until I read the fine print."

On 11/24/2020 at 7:46 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Don't call me the hero and don't call yourself a Dark Lord, please. I don't think this prophecy is actually about us, I just think I'm supposed to give someone this sword and they'll be the person in the prophecy."

31 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Don't call me the hero and don't call yourself a Dark Lord, please. I don't think this prophecy is actually about us, I just think I'm supposed to give someone this sword and they'll be the person in the prophecy."

"We should still train you in it, though."