The Linear Thread

Condensation

1 minute ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

She jumped back, catching her foot on a rock but quickly recovering. By now, she was breathing heavily and arduously. 

Before Ellis could do anything else, Q appeared between the two without it looked like moving. "Alright, Ellis," she said, shooting a glare at him. "That's enough. She has been taught for one day. Let her rest."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

She jumped back, catching her foot on a rock but quickly recovering. By now, she was breathing heavily and arduously. 

3 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Before Ellis could do anything else, Q appeared between the two without it looked like moving. "Alright, Ellis," she said, shooting a glare at him. "That's enough. She has been taught for one day. Let her rest."

"Thanks," Melody puffed. She sat down on the ground and dropped the sword. "That thing's heavy!"

Ellis almost didn't stop. He almost kept going.

Almost.

He sat down beside Melody. "Your reflexes are pretty good. Basically all we have to do is drill some technique into your head."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Ellis almost didn't stop. He almost kept going.

Almost.

He sat down beside Melody. "Your reflexes are pretty good. Basically all we have to do is drill some technique into your head."

Ah yes, because... I see what you did there. :)

"Okay, that doesn't sound too hard."

20 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

See what I did where?

"It'll take awhile... but you can do it."

Because... like... I can't explain it well, but he almost kept going because he's got the thing for both the magician and Melody.

"Well, I guess it's probably best to start soon. The sooner the better."

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Because... like... I can't explain it well, but he almost kept going because he's got the thing for both the magician and Melody.

"Well, I guess it's probably best to start soon. The sooner the better."

Ah. Characterization. Yes. *Evil laughter*

"Yep." Ellis frowns. "So... I have a really crazy idea."

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Thanks," Melody puffed. She sat down on the ground and dropped the sword. "That thing's heavy!"

Q nodded in acknowledgment.

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

See what I did where?

"It'll take awhile... but you can do it."

"It just takes a lot of training, but those habits will prove useful in the years to come." She folded her arms, taking a step back from the two. "But with her powers, I would try to use a different technique than what you are trying to teach her. Since she has illusionary powers," Q said, gesturing to Melody. "I, myself, would want to be light on my feet and strike unexpectedly."

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Ah. Characterization. Yes. *Evil laughter*

"Yep." Ellis frowns. "So... I have a really crazy idea."

"Let's hear it."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Well, that man at the stairwell was talking about a resistance, right? Well, you can't have a resistance without something to resist. And somebody mentioned a mafia? And they're not supposed to talk about the magician?"

Old man summoned. It's been a hot second since I've checked in on this Thread.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Well, that man at the stairwell was talking about a resistance, right? Well, you can't have a resistance without something to resist. And somebody mentioned a mafia? And they're not supposed to talk about the magician?"

"So you think the magician is the antagonist? I suppose it's not too implausible, given what we've seen."

2 minutes ago, The Ookla's Guard said:

Old man summoned. It's been a hot second since I've checked in on this Thread.

Hello there.

"So you think the magician is the antagonist? I suppose it's not too implausible, given what we've seen."

"At the very least... maybe we could exercise your sword arm on whoever this mafia is."

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Yes, but have you seen the magician? I'm not sure about him, but it could be an act and it could be him, but I don't think so. After all," she said, her gaze pointing to Ellis. "We do have a Dark Lord of our own."

38 minutes ago, The Ookla's Guard said:

Gestures to Bodyguards. Crush him, make him suffer! Bodyguards approach.

*Crushes guards*

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Sounds good. But for anyone we can, no killing."

36 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"That takes all the fun out of it," Q muttered to herself in a slight sarcastic tone.

"We'll avoid killing where we can."