Favorite usernames

Necessary Eagle

Thanks @Necessary Eagle, youve got a great username too! What does your username mean? I understand both of those words, yet I'm at a loss to figure out what they mean in conjunction.

The thing that comes to mind, is a break in case of emergency kind of box in the oval office housing an attack eagle. Putin is being unreasonably bellicose, it's time to deploy the Necessary Eagle.

My favorite username (and profile pic ) on the shard is @Toaster Retribution, and he's a great guy too!

I also really like @The Awakened Salad (who's also super nice), @Butt Ad Venture (Hilarious), and @Blightsong (Lightsong was my least favorite part of Warbreaker, and probably my least favorite cosmere character, I always read this as a comment on his character, but if this wasn't your intent it's still a very clever name)

I think the coolest usernames (and profile pics) on the Shard are @Calderis (the name sounds great, and his super abstract profile picture is awesome), @The One Who Connects (this is a good explanation of what he does exceptionally well), @Extesian (sounds like a high level theoretical and technical term (like extending the Cartesian coordinate system) and is completely in line with his high level technical posts, and his profile pic of the Mandelbrot set is just nice to look at), and of course like @Lunamor said @Chaos (the name is great, and he has the coolest profile pic ever).

23 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Thanks @Necessary Eagle, youve got a great username too! What does your username mean? I understand both of those words, yet I'm at a loss to figure out what they mean in conjunction.

The thing that comes to mind, is a break in case of emergency kind of box in the oval office housing an attack eagle. Putin is being unreasonably bellicose, it's time to deploy the Necessary Eagle.

I was trying to come up with a "clever" username (after lurking in a thread like this one), and I don't always think well under pressure, and somehow I ended up trying to pun on "necessary evil".

I like your explanation better, I think I'll go with that one.

37 minutes ago, Calderis said:

@hoiditthroughthegrapevine every time I see your username I picture Hoid in a California raisins outfit singing and dancing, while simultaneously remembering the first time I learned of you, which gives him an awakened toupee.

It's a storming weird mental image you built, all I can say. 

Wait...which one's Hoid?

xmas-raisins.thumb.jpg.57aa011b4c7400347c27ce5242c15062.jpg

Now I've got to rewatch the California Raisins Christmas special.

There's always another secret...

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

13 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I also really like @The Awakened Salad (who's also super nice)

Aw, thanks! ^_^ 

Your username is really cool too (puns are the best), but for some reason when I first read it I missed the “it”, so I had this image of Hoid being pushed through a grapevine and getting stuck in my head for a while :P

On 9/8/2020 at 2:56 AM, The Awakened Salad said:

Your username is really cool too (puns are the best), but for some reason when I first read it I missed the “it”, so I had this image of Hoid being pushed through a grapevine and getting stuck in my head for a while :P

I second this statment.

Edited by Shard of Reading