Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

4 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr gave him a skeptical look, which was impressive, seeing as Vespyr didn't have many features remaining with which to emote at all.  "People will fight you, no matter what other options you supply," he said, remembering countless vessels that had challenged him and refused to flee, even in the face of a massacre.  "Death is something they believe will never come to them.  Men die with surprise in their eyes, as though, even by walking into the blade, they never expected it to pierce.  When others have such callous disregard of their safety, they will always force me to kill them before agreeing to peace."  Vespyr remembered Lloyd, the boy he had launched through the forest.  He remembered the fighting, the hatred.  People... were fools.  They were fools who reveled in battle, worshiping it even as they mourned.  Their passion destroyed them.  And he was just the tool of that destruction, not a voice.

"Do you think I lack knowledge of what it is like to be an instrument of carnage? So many cut down because they refused to turn aside... and because I made the choice to cut them down. Dismiss my vision of morality as absurd, if you will, but remember this: Violence is always a choice. To deny that you have made that choice, or to project it onto others, is nothing more than self-deception and cowardice. If you can say that you chose to kill, and that you feel nothing for the deaths, then I will accept that, but I do not believe that it is so."

12 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice sqealed in excitement a little.

Aryanna's smile widened.

12 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice continued picking out clothing. She grabbed a fluffy sweater, a pair of gloves, and considered a hairband, but found that it was kind of impossible to push back her incredibly curly hair. She grabbed some armbands--just for fun--then gasped as she spotted something. After a couple seconds to try on her newest accessory, Janice turned around and grinned, a red scarf around her neck.

@Condensation @Vapor

"I like it!"

9 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yes!" Janice grabbed one and tied it around herself (where did she learn how to do that? The world may never know). "I think I've got plenty of outfits now. I'm gonna go see what Aryanna and Maddy have." She skipped off to go find them.

@Vapor @Matrim's Dice

Aryanna stood at the counter, paying for her multiple bags of clothes. She smiled sheepishly at Janice. "I think I got a little carried away."

Just now, Vapor said:

Aryanna's smile widened.

"I like it!"

Aryanna stood at the counter, paying for her multiple bags of clothes. She smiled sheepishly at Janice. "I think I got a little carried away."

"What'd you get? Didja get anything fun? I got this frilly skirt!" She spun around again and giggled. "It twirls funny."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What'd you get? Didja get anything fun? I got this frilly skirt!" She spun around again and giggled. "It twirls funny."

"I love it! I got lots of fun things. Look at this one!" She held up a red dress. "It might be a bit too fancy."

602ddbe48a4f2_reddress.jpg.0157d0fceb95284c2c340f3c9bcae3c5.jpgKinda like this

7 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Aryanna smiled. "Are you getting any more?"

"Nope! I've got this one, one Cadenza helped me pick out, a casual adventuring-style outfit with a scarf, and a dress I found!" She bounced impatiently in the line behind the counter. "Where are we going after this? Can I get my hair cut and dyed? Is there a place where we can get cotton candy?"

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza walked out of the changing room in one final outfit.

Janice turned around. "Ooooh!"

What's this one?

14 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Nope! I've got this one, one Cadenza helped me pick out, a casual adventuring-style outfit with a scarf, and a dress I found!" She bounced impatiently in the line behind the counter. "Where are we going after this? Can I get my hair cut and dyed? Is there a place where we can get cotton candy?"

Janice turned around. "Ooooh!"

"Sure! I thought we were getting ice cream, but we can get both."

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice grinned ear to ear. "I like being rich now!"

Could I just randomly see your character while she goes to get ice cream? She'd probably be easy to spot... And the stuff my character is doing is kinda boring.

Shade sighed. She was sitting down, taking a break. How hard was it going to be to find this kid? This is going to take forever. I think I'll go get myself some ice cream. She grinned. Often, she didn't even have to pay for such things. The owners of the stores were too scared that she'd kill them. Not that she would, of course. She never had before. Rumors had spread, which she was fine with, that she had killed a shop owner who tried to cheat her out of her money. That wasn't true. However, she had punched him in the face. Hard. I'm thinking chocolate ice cream this time... She went to find a place that sold good chocolate ice cream.

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Shade sighed. She was sitting down, taking a break. How hard was it going to be to find this kid? This is going to take forever. I think I'll go get myself some ice cream. She grinned. Often, she didn't even have to pay for such things. The owners of the stores were too scared that she'd kill them. Not that she would, of course. She never had before. Rumors had spread, which she was fine with, that she had killed a shop owner who tried to cheat her out of her money. That wasn't true. However, she had punched him in the face. Hard. I'm thinking chocolate ice cream this time... She went to find a place that sold good chocolate ice cream.

Do I seriously have to get captured again, like, a day after Janice was finally reunited with her friends?

Eh... they'd probably beat the scud out of you anyways.