Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

2 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"I am not an ambassador.  The Queen sees only people that she wishes to see.  All else who attempt to approach her without her invitation to her island, I slay."  Vespyr turned its shoulders, scars and disfigurements bared.  "You should write a letter.  I will deliver this to her, but I will not deliver you like a lamb to slaughter."

"You will take me and I will let the queen decide if I am worth the time. If not I will fully commit to the other side and spend every hour of my existence destroying you and your kind."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

"You will take me and I will let the queen decide if I am worth the time. If not I will fully commit to the other side and spend every hour of my existence destroying you and your kind."

“Can I go with you people too?”

Maddy didn’t know how long she laid there.

After getting thrown back a third time, her strength had failed her. She couldn’t really move. Gradually it came back, but she didn’t move anyway.

Eventually the sounds of battle died down, and she thought it best to go see the damage. Cadenza was likely dead; Jay as well.

As she stumbled down the beach, what Maddy found was far better. A reunion, it seemed, was taking place. She stayed back. Maddy didn’t know most, or any, of these people well enough. But she smiled, in spite of her self.

Mission accomplished.

Vespyr... laughed.  It was a broken sound, like glass shattering underwater.  It felt as though it had been dropped into a classroom of 1st graders, all of whom were talking very loudly and at the same time, demanding rewards or treats or Vespyr's attention.  They seemed so childish in their demands.  And it was funny, if tragic in its own right, that they should recover their friend only to lose her.  Vespyr wasn't a diplomat or someone to reason with.  Vespyr was a force.  Vespyr was a monster.  And it was so, so funny that they thought they could reason or make demands.  It was like asking death not to kill.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"CAN EVERYONE JUST STOP YELLING AT VESPYR FOR HALF A MOMENT???"

"Yes." Cadenza paused for half a moment, then made her point. "So as soon as Jack gets over here, he can get Trace out. Then Janice can come with us and I don't care what else."

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Maddy didn’t know how long she laid there.

After getting thrown back a third time, her strength had failed her. She couldn’t really move. Gradually it came back, but she didn’t move anyway.

Eventually the sounds of battle died down, and she thought it best to go see the damage. Cadenza was likely dead; Jay as well.

As she stumbled down the beach, what Maddy found was far better. A reunion, it seemed, was taking place. She stayed back. Maddy didn’t know most, or any, of these people well enough. But she smiled, in spite of her self.

Mission accomplished.

"And who are you?" asked Lena, standing idly by. Cruz was far too invested in the conversation to notice anyone else. "Do you know what this is about?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

"Trace is coming with us too if you cannot recall."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"Yes." Cadenza paused for half a moment, then made her point. "So as soon as Jack gets over here, he can get Trace out. Then Janice can come with us and I don't care what else."

"Cadenza, I already told you that I have to go. I'm going, and I'm going alone. I don't want anyone else getting hurt."

6 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr... laughed.  It was a broken sound, like glass shattering underwater.  It felt as though it had been dropped into a classroom of 1st graders, all of whom were talking very loudly and at the same time, demanding rewards or treats or Vespyr's attention.  They seemed so childish in their demands.  And it was funny, if tragic in its own right, that they should recover their friend only to lose her.  Vespyr wasn't a diplomat or someone to reason with.  Vespyr was a force.  Vespyr was a monster.  And it was so, so funny that they thought they could reason or make demands.  It was like asking death not to kill.

"If you wont take me then you aren't going to take Trace." Lloyd prepared for a fight.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

"If you wont take me then you aren't going to take Trace." Lloyd prepared for a fight.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"They've already been hurting me, and I don't think they'll ever stop. I'll... I'll be okay."

"Trace," the creature said, voice dry and raspy, not really used to calling Janice by her name, "Call off your lapdog before it kills itself."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"They've already been hurting me, and I don't think they'll ever stop. I'll... I'll be okay."

After a pause, Cadenza turned and threw herself at Janice, hugging her hard. Tears streaked her face and she wiped them away. "Come back soon, 'kay?"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Hemalurgic Pinto said:

Wind, uhh... you know that if you leave I will basically leave SC right? 

Just now, Condensation said:

After a pause, Cadenza turned and threw herself at Janice, hugging her hard. Tears streaked her face and she wiped them away. "Come back soon, 'kay?"

"I'll do my best. I'll try really hard." Janice hugged back.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

"Trace," the creature said, voice dry and raspy, not really used to calling Janice by her name, "Call off your lapdog before it kills itself."

"Lloyd?" Janice asked, trying to channel Trace's attitude. It didn't work very well; Trace had buried herself down deep. "Lloyd, please stop bothering Vespyr. You're going to get yourself hurt. I don't think Trace would want that to happen."

13 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"And who are you?" asked Lena, standing idly by. Cruz was far too invested in the conversation to notice anyone else. "Do you know what this is about?"

"Maddy. From the army a couple of islands over. And no, not really."

Maddy caught Trace- no, Janice's eye, and waved.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'll do my best. I'll try really hard." Janice hugged back.

"Lloyd?" Janice asked, trying to channel Trace's attitude. It didn't work very well; Trace had buried herself down deep. "Lloyd, please stop bothering Vespyr. You're going to get yourself hurt. I don't think Trace would want that to happen."

"I might get hurt but Vespyr will get much more hurt." Lloyd prepared to attack.