8 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

*surprise in face*
*seriously considers question*

How much pressure does it take to pierce an elephants skin, and can we fire one chicken beak first at the velocity required to produce this pressure?

a decent amount and... probably. 

EDIT: near the eyes it is paper thin, so almost certainly. so we would need... one chicken beak and a high velocity chicken beak launcher.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

48 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

a decent amount and... probably. 

EDIT: near the eyes it is paper thin, so almost certainly. so we would need... one chicken beak and a high velocity chicken beak launcher.

Nah not a chicken beak. We launch a whole Chicken, beak first, at the elephant

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

well, you could use a beak, but the chicken would work. it might kill the chicken, but still. so Insa, the answer is 1!

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

@InfiniteInsanity there you go

One speedy drumstick is all you need. 

Y'all sound like @The Bookwyrm.

The only answer he'll give me is "If you launch it at the speed of light it only takes one." 

At least y'all have considered an alternative. 

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

The only answer he'll give me is "If you launch it at the speed of light it only takes one." 

really, a chicken launched at the speed of light would take out almost anything within at least a mile radius

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Y'all sound like @The Bookwyrm.

thank you!

22 minutes ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

really, a chicken launched at the speed of light would take out almost anything within at least a mile radius

true. chickens and toddlers are scary

22 minutes ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure the destruction would be far, far greater than you suggest.

First of all, it's impossible.

And then there are other things too, but I'm not going to try to explain because there are people here who actually know these things and I don't want to make myself look even more stupid.

@The Bookwyrm

help

Just now, That1Cellist said:

Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure the destruction would be far, far greater than you suggest.

First of all, it's impossible.

And then there are other things too, but I'm not going to try to explain because there are people here who actually know these things and I don't want to make myself look even more stupid.

@The Bookwyrm

help

24 minutes ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

We wouldn't be launching it at lightspeed. That's impossible. You'd need an infinite amount of energy to get a massive object moving at 1c. 

But as long as you have enough energy you can get things moving at decent clips close to 1c.

If we launched a chicken at .9c, or 90% the speed of light, it would fuse with the air it crashed into on a nuclear level, causing a gigantic nuclear explosion and cloud of radiation and death.

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

We wouldn't be launching it at lightspeed. That's impossible. You'd need an infinite amount of energy to get a massive object moving at 1c. 

But as long as you have enough energy you can get things moving at decent clips close to 1c.

If we launched a chicken at .9c, or 90% the speed of light, it would fuse with the air it crashed into on a nuclear level, causing a gigantic nuclear explosion and cloud of radiation and death.

so what you're saying is... it wouldn't destroy a whole mile radius? 

Spoiler

:P