I probably don't have much of an accent. If I do, it's very similar to people from Utah. 

People from rural Wyoming have really fun accents/dialects, and when I'm around them long enough, I start to pick it up a bit. 

I also haven't posted on here before, so hi!

6 minutes ago, Condensation said:

That's amazing. :) Oh, you're the one with the signature of older therefore wiser! Are you on the Procrastinators Club?

:lol: Yeah when I first saw these I was laughing for like a solid 5 minutes. Apparently you guys have the same language roots here or something :P And yes, that's me! I actually don't think I am... was gonna look into joining that another day :D (jkjk we have one???)

Edited by Scout_Fox

Just now, Scout_Fox said:

:lol: Yeah when I first saw these I was laughing for like a solid 5 minutes. Apparently you guys have the same language roots here or something :P And yes, that's me! I actually don't think I am... was gonna look into joining that another day :D (jkjk we have one???)

Those are funny, but it's probably an effect without a cause. Two things that sound the same can come from totally different  places.

Yes, it's in Social Groups, Clans, and Guilds.

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Those are funny, but it's probably an effect without a cause. Two things that sound the same can come from totally different  places.

Yes, it's in Social Groups, Clans, and Guilds.

Yeah lol most likely. Just interesting they developed to the same sound in different places :D

Oh and that sounds excellent! The perfect project to do tomorrow (or the next day... or the next day... *sigh* :P)

Wow @Honorless didn't even know that was a holiday. Happy (belated) men's day to you as well!

8 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Thats. . . Exactly what Vermonters do. 

Nice, that's cool! Maybe we'd sound like each other if we ever checked!

7 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

Yeah lol most likely. Just interesting they developed to the same sound in different places :D

Oh and that sounds excellent! The perfect project to do tomorrow (or the next day... or the next day... *sigh* :P)

Wow @Honorless didn't even know that was a holiday. Happy (belated) men's day to you as well!

Yeah, evolution is so interesting. Procrastination! Woo!

32 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yay! Like people don’t celebrate men enough. <_<

Hmm... it's not just about celebrating accomplishments but things specific to men's welfare. Higher rates of mental illnesses like depression, suicide. When you are the "default" group, your specific issues and needs might not get enough attention: so men's health.

It's also about wars & economics, where men do dominate but also about the societal pressure to conform to societal roles assigned to being a man, you know the drill.

And why not celebrate the role men play in our lives? Most soldiers and menial workers are men. Our fathers, husbands, brothers, sons, & friends are men, and we appreciate them. I, as a gay man, am doubly appreciative of men: same team and batting for the same team!

It also celebrates trans men.

It isn't a reactionary group like straight parade.

It's rather funny, a lot of my female friends knew of this day and wished me well. I mostly got this reaction from the guys, if they even knew of it at all.

That's something worth noting and talking about too, I feel. The lack of space and language to talk about men's issues.

Edited by Honorless

24 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

To be fair, we’ve had most of history to celebrate our masculinity...

Yeah I agree with @Honorless here. The fact that we have been celebrating masculinity (a predetermined idea of what every man should be) and not just men being who they want to be is the issue.

It's more of a wait-men-have-problems-too-day and not a let's-celebrate-men-because-they-are-so-wonderful-day. Their infographic does a good job of showing what it is for I think.

Happy International Men's Day! : interestingasfuck

Edited by Scout_Fox

1 hour ago, Scout_Fox said:

Yeah I agree with @Honorless here. The fact that we have been celebrating masculinity (a predetermined idea of what every man should be) and not just men being who they want to be is the issue.

It's more of a wait-men-have-problems-too-day and not a let's-celebrate-men-because-they-are-so-wonderful-day. Their infographic does a good job of showing what it is for I think.

Happy International Men's Day! : interestingasfuck

Sorry! I meant to say that for the majority of history men have (wrongly) largely been the only ones in power; if I’m thinking of this correctly, international women’s day in part is celebrating the relatively recent empowerment of women (an excellent thing). So when Bearer said that no one celebrates men enough, I responded and meant, in essence, “well men have been in power in the world for so long so we’ve had plenty of time being recognized across the world” And I just used “masculinity” to describe that, but I guess “men” would’ve been more accurate for my purposes.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

51 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Sorry! I meant to say that for the majority of history men have (wrongly) largely been the only ones in power;

All good! I was pretty sure you were saying something along those lines I just though it was good to emphasize that the day celebrates something important in men's [mental] health as @Honorless said! If it were a day celebrating men being dominant I would totally agree that would be tasteless :D

The fact that most of us didn't even know about it I think goes to Honorless's point there that men's issues are overlooked in society for the MASCULINE MEN stereotype who "don't need help" lol. The fact that male accomplishments have been recognized for ages is honestly part of what makes the day important because if you just focus on accomplishments you create a society where men feel they can't have or discuss issues!

Edited by Scout_Fox

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Sorry! I meant to say that for the majority of history men have (wrongly) largely been the only ones in power; if I’m thinking of this correctly, international women’s day in part is celebrating the relatively recent empowerment of women (an excellent thing). So when Bearer said that no one celebrates men enough, I responded and meant, in essence, “well men have been in power in the world for so long so we’ve had plenty of time being recognized across the world” And I just used “masculinity” to describe that, but I guess “men” would’ve been more accurate for my purposes.

Yes, totally agree, but also agree with @Scout_Fox and @Honorless. Good points.