Girls only! (And a sleepover/tea time RP kind of thing?)

On 31/07/2020 at 11:42 AM, DramaQueen said:

This is weird. I'm the only one here who ever wears any makeup, so I feel like a girly girl, which I definitely am not.

I have spent a fortune in makeup, from Dollar store to drug store to Chanel and Dior.  Especially if you count nail polish.  It took a global pandemic to get me to stop wearing any.  :(

PS, Also have many dresses with pockets and some without.  Only worn in spring/summer due to unhappy memories of freezing my legs off in winter.

Edited by Coolmint

On 9/22/2022 at 1:18 PM, Coolmint said:

I have spent a fortune in makeup, from Dollar store to drug store to Chanel and Dior.  Especially if you count nail polish.  It took a global pandemic to get me to stop wearing any.  :(

Nail polish!  I like wearing it, but recently stopped because I am apparently am incapable of not wrecking it before it's fully dry.  Do you know how to deal with that, because advice would be welcome, or not, we can commiserate :P

On 9/22/2022 at 4:14 PM, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

100% true(though I prefer the term goofy). However, we also can act much more mature when we really care for someone and see their needs.

this!

im a therapist for my gf and a lot of my friends, and when i want to be, i can be quite serious :D

8 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Nail polish!  I like wearing it, but recently stopped because I am apparently am incapable of not wrecking it before it's fully dry.  Do you know how to deal with that, because advice would be welcome, or not, we can commiserate :P

I wave my fingers around in a grandiose manner and loudly proclaim, 'Just did my nails, can't touch anything.'   ;)

(Of course, sometimes that fails and I get a minute smudge… Then I have to decide whether to live with it or re-do the offending nail.  Usually I live with it (I'm pretty much one-and-done these days, no base coat or top coat).  I know people use Seche Vite or some other fast-dry top coat but I never have.  Often use Sally Hansen Insta-Dry colors but go through the same finger-waving above).

And there you have it: Nail Routine 101.  Hope it helps.

2 hours ago, Coolmint said:

I wave my fingers around in a grandiose manner and loudly proclaim, 'Just did my nails, can't touch anything.'   ;)

(Of course, sometimes that fails and I get a minute smudge… Then I have to decide whether to live with it or re-do the offending nail.  Usually I live with it (I'm pretty much one-and-done these days, no base coat or top coat).  I know people use Seche Vite or some other fast-dry top coat but I never have.  Often use Sally Hansen Insta-Dry colors but go through the same finger-waving above).

And there you have it: Nail Routine 101.  Hope it helps.

Thanks!  I usually just live with it too, honestly.

3 hours ago, Elf said:

We don't even have Halloween here 

I've always wondered what it's like

Lots of kids dress up in random costumes and get greedy and brag about how much sugar they can get. That's about it.

The costume part is pretty fun.