Late-knight randomness (or any time when other activity is low)

2 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

What do you guys do whenever you feel mentally exhausted?

Lay down but stay awake and just like... stop thinking.

Or I think about really random crap like "why do you bake cookies and cook bacon"

Or I just cry and then when people ask what's wrong I'm just like, "I wanted food but I didn't want to get out of bed" *wracked with sobs*

2 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Oooh that’s fun. I need to get that game. How would you rate it?

I have animal crossing new leaf and an account on my brother's animal crossing new horizons (but he lives away from home so I don't play it very often) and I rate it 10/10

Edit: sorry for the double post

Edited by DramaQueen

Just now, DramaQueen said:

Lay down but stay awake and just like... stop thinking.

Or I think about really random crap like "why do you bake cookies and cook bacon"

Or I just cry and then when people ask what's wrong I'm just like, "I wanted food but I didn't want to get out of bed" *wracked with sobs*

Yeah, that sounds nice. Except for not being able to eat and sleep at the same time.

1 minute ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Oooh that’s fun. I need to get that game. How would you rate it?

Well I just got it and haven’t played a ton, and it’s my first in the franchise, but I like it. I think it might be a little overhyped by everyone and maybe a little overrated, but I’d say a solid 7.5/10. 

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

why do you bake cookies and cook bacon

These are the questions that need answering. 

8 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Pretty good. School starts in about a month for me so that’s something

Because of Covid they are trying to limit our passing periods and so we will only have 2 classes a day but each. Class. Is. Three. Hours. 

Just now, Hentient said:

Because of Covid they are trying to limit our passing periods and so we will only have 2 classes a day but each. Class. Is. Three. Hours. 

Yikes, I’m sorry you have to do that Hentient (Henti? Ent? Just Hentient?)

I just have to wear a mask when I go back to school, so I count myself very lucky

Have y’all thought about how we are living in the pages of a history textbook right now?

like covid is probably going to be the most historically significant thing that happens in my lifetime. 

Spoiler

Watch WWIII start in a month now that I’ve said that.

12 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I just have to wear a mask when I go back to school, so I count myself very lucky

Me too, but I almost wish they were being more cautious. It'd be better to be too cautious then be able to let up than to not be cautious enough and have to shut down again.

10 minutes ago, Danex said:

Have y’all thought about how we are living in the pages of a history textbook right now?

like covid is probably going to be the most historically significant thing that happens in my lifetime. 

Reveal hidden contents

Watch WWIII start in a month now that I’ve said that.

All of 2020 has been a pretty hectic year. In the US especially, it feels like. Bombing Iraq back in January, covid happening now, election happening this year=high political tensions, George Floyd and all the rioting, and it just goes on and on.

42 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

What do you guys do whenever you feel mentally exhausted?

Depends on what type of mental exhaustion it is, but mostly curl up in bed and cry, curl up and hold myself really tightly for a moment, chant certain words in my brain (or try to stop myself from chanting certain words in my brain) or get generally helplessly pissed at injustices that I can’t currently stop to keep from being sad at them and curling up to cry some more. I know, Healthy Coping Methods tm. 

Anything we can do to help? Send puppies? Need to vent? Just keep chatting? 

20 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

So... existence. How bout that?

Getting incrementally better. It’s very hard to beat one’s own brain in a fight. I wish I was being bullied or something instead of dealing with mental disorders, then I’d have something physical to blame and take out my fury on. 

That’s probably not what you were looking for, I’m too talkative this time of night. How are you doing, Jay? 

8 minutes ago, Hentient said:

First off, that sounds like the worst idea ever, I am so sorry. 

Second, (don’t open if you’re weirded out by mentions of girl stuff) 

Spoiler

My eyes totally skipped over ‘passing’ at first and I was like “Someone’s trying to limit periods? How? Can they do it forever?” :P 

Just now, AonEne said:

Depends on what type of mental exhaustion it is, but mostly curl up in bed and cry, curl up and hold myself really tightly for a moment, chant certain words in my brain (or try to stop myself from chanting certain words in my brain) or get generally helplessly pissed at injustices that I can’t currently stop to keep from being sad at them and curling up to cry some more. I know, Healthy Coping Methods tm. 

Getting incrementally better. It’s very hard to beat one’s own brain in a fight. I wish I was being bullied or something instead of dealing with mental disorders, then I’d have something physical to blame and take out my fury on. 

That’s probably not what you were looking for, I’m too talkative this time of night. How are you doing, Jay? 

First off, that sounds like the worst idea ever, I am so sorry. 

Reveal hidden contents

My eyes totally skipped over ‘passing’ at first and I was like “Someone’s trying to limit periods? How? Can they do it forever?” :P 

On that last thing, I WISH that were possible. That would be incredible.

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

On that last thing, I WISH that were possible. That would be incredible.

I mean, there’s stuff you can do, it’s just usually not worth it for most cis women. As tempted as I am... 

4 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

All of 2020 has been a pretty hectic year. In the US especially, it feels like. Bombing Iraq back in January, covid happening now, election happening this year=high political tensions, George Floyd and all the rioting, and it just goes on and on.

Yeah but I feel COVID will be the biggest in the long run. Obviously all of that stuff will be taught in some history classes but I think that when elementary kids far in the future are learning about 2020 it’s gonna be the year of COVID. It’s the most worldwide thing, literally, to happen in a long time.

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Yeah, chatting’s nice! I’m not totally mentally exhausted, just pretty worn out. Today’s been a long day, but this is a really nice way to decompress. I just feel a little overwhelmed with life, so it’s nice to come onto the shard where everything’s just so familiar and right.

Oh and @Danex, yeah, for sure, I think covid will be the biggest thing, but just talking about the other stuff this year

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

Just now, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Yeah, chatting’s nice! I’m not totally mentally exhausted, just pretty worn out. Today’s been a long day, but this is a really nice way to decompress. I just feel a little overwhelmed with life, so it’s nice to come onto the shard where everything’s just so familiar and right.

Happy to help provide familiarity and rightness, then! :P Anything in specific you want to get off your chest, or shall I track down some conversation topics, shoot them through the heart, and freeze the meat for winter? 

23 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Reveal hidden contents

*que laughing face* I think this is the equivalent? :P

Edited by Hentient