The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

44 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"But what would such powerful empires get out of an alliance as opposed to just conquering everything?"

"The help of the Fjordell empire. The Derethi priests and monks would not take kindly to someone who crushed their religion." She said it very darkly.

11 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"The help of the Fjordell empire. The Derethi priests and monks would not take kindly to someone who crushed their religion." She said it very darkly.

"I guess that makes sense, but while it would be a big inconvenience to blow away an entire population, it's not like either of these empires haven't done it before."

18 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I guess that makes sense, but while it would be a big inconvenience to blow away an entire population, it's not like either of these empires haven't done it before."

"Imagine fighting an army of those guys we fought before, and multiply their power by 30. The farther they get from Fjorden, the weaker their powers are."

48 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Martin leaves the tent and wanders around, looking for Chrysler.  He pokes his head into the mess hall.

Thanks for the tag! Craven is still there, yes.

Craven looked up from his stew when he saw someone else poke their head in. He didn't much feel like talking, but cowards didn't stay silent.

He waved. "Hello, I'm Craven!"

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"Imagine fighting an army of those guys we fought before, and multiply their power by 30. The farther they get from Fjorden, the weaker their powers are."

"Hm. So I guess it's probably safe to assume that the empires are in an uneasy alliance with Fjorden, then?"

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Craven looked up from his stew when he saw someone else poke their head in. He didn't much feel like talking, but cowards didn't stay silent.

He waved. "Hello, I'm Craven!"

"Martin," Martin says, stepping the rest of the way in and sitting down.  "I don't think I've seen you around before."  He definitely hadn't seen any kids last time he was here.

47 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Martin," Martin says, stepping the rest of the way in and sitting down.  "I don't think I've seen you around before."  He definitely hadn't seen any kids last time he was here.

Through spoonfuls, Craven spoke, trying not to break eye contact like a coward would. "I'm new here. I walked."

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Through spoonfuls, Craven spoke, trying not to break eye contact like a coward would. "I'm new here. I walked."

"Really?  That seems like a long way."  To be fair, he doesn't know how far out they are from any settlements, but kids get tired quicker.

1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Really?  That seems like a long way."  To be fair, he doesn't know how far out they are from any settlements, but kids get tired quicker.

Craven nodded. "It was. I walked for a long time. I don't know how long.

"Have you met that guy outside? Fadran, I think. He seems nice."

4 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"When you showed up, he told you where you were, how to get around?"  Martin doesn't know how to talk to kids, but this is actually going decently.

"Oh, yeah he did that. I think there should be more people, though. Where were you before here?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hm. So I guess it's probably safe to assume that the empires are in an uneasy alliance with Fjorden, then?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Besides, Fjorden's whole thing is conquering. They are literally trying to take over Sel." She picked a book out of the stack. "Here. A book on the history of Sel." She handed it over. "Inform yourself."

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

"Three hours ago."

"Well..." How much does he want to tell him?  For that matter, can he tell him?  He doesn't know if Ayia wants the mission to remain classified or not.  "Um, injured on a mountain and partially reliving one of my worst nightmares."  Is that too heavy for a kid?

1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Well..." How much does he want to tell him?  For that matter, can he tell him?  He doesn't know if Ayia wants the mission to remain classified or not.  "Um, injured on a mountain and partially reliving one of my worst nightmares."  Is that too heavy for a kid?

"So... not in the camp?"

7 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"I don't know.  Maybe not.  What about you?  Just passing through, or sticking around?"

"I think I'll stay. Walking is boring when I'm by myself."