The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You have got to stop complaining about not having magic, pal. Sure, it sucks, but that doesn't mean we all have to hear about it every other minute."

"Uh.  Sorry."  He's not used to being lower in a power hierarchy.  Shutting up.  He can do that.  "Anyway, is there anything else I should know?  Specific things about this particular area, any.... what's the word.   You know, the things that are unique to a place.  Anything about that that's important?"

2 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Uh.  Sorry."  He's not used to being lower in a power hierarchy.  Shutting up.  He can do that.  "Anyway, is there anything else I should know?  Specific things about this particular area, any.... what's the word.   You know, the things that are unique to a place.  Anything about that that's important?"

"Here? Assume everything is unique. The Cosmere is very individual."

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

10 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"I may be fast, but I don't have magic on my side, save for two runes that Chrysler taught me."  He should think about how to incorporate those into what he already knows.  There could be uses.

After a minute, Camelia sighed. "Uh... There are ways to get investiture no matter who you are." She said it softly and worriedly, because she didn't know how they would take the information.

10 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"In some cases."

"Interesting."

17 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

After a minute, Camelia sighed. "Uh... There are ways to get investiture no matter who you are." She said it softly and worriedly, because she didn't know how they would take the information.

"But you have to meet criteria to use it?  It's like, I could hold a packet of pasta, but not know how to open it."  That is the worst analogy he's ever made.  "I don't know where I'm going with that."

3 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Interesting."

"But you have to meet criteria to use it?  It's like, I could hold a packet of pasta, but not know how to open it."  That is the worst analogy he's ever made.  "I don't know where I'm going with that."

"I told you about the law of intention. You have to know what you are trying to do." 

1 hour ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Interesting."

"And the whole 'cracks in the spiritweb' thing?" Ayia said, voice a little quiet. "You're broken enough to be Invested, man."

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Okay. What's the first thing you want to know?"

"Nothing yet. I'm just trying to answer a big question: why the cosmere?" Ayia scratched her head. "Why would people like the Witherlord or Karus team up with the Wyrn of all people? And why not just conquer the place instead?"

46 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Nothing yet. I'm just trying to answer a big question: why the cosmere?" Ayia scratched her head. "Why would people like the Witherlord or Karus team up with the Wyrn of all people? And why not just conquer the place instead?"

"Probably has something to do with the Shards of Adonalsium." She grimaced. "And probably because Wryn is a thoroughly terrible person. I can think of very few people in the Cosmere that rival his awfulness without it being their fault. And this includes people from hundreds of years ago."

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Probably has something to do with the Shards of Adonalsium." She grimaced. "And probably because Wryn is a thoroughly terrible person. I can think of very few people in the Cosmere that rival his awfulness without it being their fault. And this includes people from hundreds of years ago."

"But what would such powerful empires get out of an alliance as opposed to just conquering everything?"