The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

42 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Uhh... yeah. I guess so." Ayia shrugged. "Or we could work on finding more of those outposts. See if all of them use Remote Stabalization and Duckdor Monks or whatever they're called..."

"Or I could teach y'all about the Cosmere." Said Camelia as she entered the tent. "And it's Dakhor, not Duckdor." She said with a grin. Her grin faded. "Also known as the order of bone." She shuddered. "They use investiture that is worse than Hemalurgy. And that's saying something."

Just now, Random Bystander said:

"Or I could teach y'all about the Cosmere." Said Camelia as she entered the tent. "And it's Dakhor, not Duckdor." She said with a grin. Her grin faded. "Also known as the order of bone." She shuddered. "They use investiture that is worse than Hemalurgy. And that's saying something."

"Y'know, kid..." Ayia pulled up a chair and sat down. "I'm wondering if you should be telling us about a single universe, or if should be telling you about all the universes."

57 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Uhh... yeah. I guess so." Ayia shrugged. "Or we could work on finding more of those outposts. See if all of them use Remote Stabalization and Duckdor Monks or whatever they're called..."

"Oh, about that. I think I should come inside with you next time."

42 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Y'know, kid..." Ayia pulled up a chair and sat down. "I'm wondering if you should be telling us about a single universe, or if should be telling you about all the universes."

"Why would you bother telling me about the others, when this one is currently the threat we are gonna be facing? Plus, you aren't going to be able to fight the Dakhor monks efficiently if you don't know anything about them." 

34 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Oh, about that. I think I should come inside with you next time."

"Probably a good idea."

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"Why would you bother telling me about the others, when this one is currently the threat we are gonna be facing? Plus, you aren't going to be able to fight the Dakhor monks efficiently if you don't know anything about them." 

"Because the threats here aren't just Cosmere. Wyrn's teamed up with my home's emperor and no shortage of primordial beings, and I don't think he's doing it just to maintain control over a single planet. We're dealing with something a whole lot bigger than Sel or even the Cosmere; we're dealing with the Macrosmos at large, and that's kinda no bueno."

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I for one, would love to know more about the universes, plural."  Martin feels himself mentally recoiling from the utter ridiculous plausibility of that statement.

1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"What?"

Ayia waved dismissively. "Nothing. I've just always wanted to say something like that. Probably the most important thing to understand is that nothing I'm going to say is solid scientific fact. Every universe follows its own rules, so trying to make interuniversal laws is a finnicky and overall pointless process."

38 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Because the threats here aren't just Cosmere. Wyrn's teamed up with my home's emperor and no shortage of primordial beings, and I don't think he's doing it just to maintain control over a single planet. We're dealing with something a whole lot bigger than Sel or even the Cosmere; we're dealing with the Macrosmos at large, and that's kinda no bueno."

"That... Sounds a lot like the Fused/Odium situation on Roshar." She grinned "Now if only we could get a bunch of Radiants off world with their Nahel bonds intact..."

Edited by Random Bystander
Autocorrect

41 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ayia waved dismissively. "Nothing. I've just always wanted to say something like that. Probably the most important thing to understand is that nothing I'm going to say is solid scientific fact. Every universe follows its own rules, so trying to make interuniversal laws is a finnicky and overall pointless process."

"Right.  Everything is speculation.  What else?"

"Empire is perhaps too strong of a word," replied Ashley, walking into the tent with a new pair of glasses. "It hasn't been a proper empire since the fall of the luxsprites. Domain would be a better term."

27 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Sounds like a colorful place."

"No more than usual, these days. The name is somewhat of a carryover from the Eternity Before."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Empire is perhaps too strong of a word," replied Ashley, walking into the tent with a new pair of glasses. "It hasn't been a proper empire since the fall of the luxsprites. Domain would be a better term."

"No more than usual, these days. The name is somewhat of a carryover from the Eternity Before."

"The Eternity Before?"  That's got to be figurative.  An eternity is eternal, there can't be a previous one, right?

Eh.  Stranger things have happened.

13 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"The Eternity Before?"  That's got to be figurative.  An eternity is eternal, there can't be a previous one, right?

Eh.  Stranger things have happened.

"A time far removed from our own," explained Ashley. "No matter how far back you look, you will never be able to reach things that happened in the Eternity Before... and yet, things persist from then."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"A time far removed from our own," explained Ashley. "No matter how far back you look, you will never be able to reach things that happened in the Eternity Before... and yet, things persist from then."

"That doesn't make much sense, but okay."  He feels like if he just took a few minutes, he could make sense of it, but it would just slip away again.