The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Craven walked.

And walked some more. Walking was all there was. The rhythmic drumming of the slow thump... thump... thump... of his feet falling on the ground. It had been that way for how long? Too long. Craven knew he shouldn't be alive. He didn't know much, but he did know that. What eight-year-old survived those years on their own?

He did. Because he was brave, he was not a coward. Cowards didn't walk when their legs hurt.

Oh, how they hurt.

Craven pushed forward even still. Where, he didn't know, but it had to be better then the exact spot he was. Anything would be.

Five minutes passed.... ten........ thirty...... an hour, day, year..... Craven didn't know. But eventually the surroundings changed. He looked up and saw a camp of some sort ahead. Craven had seen warcamps before, and had always gone out of his way to avoid them. But those had been crawling with loud people that didn't look very nice.

This one was... different somehow.

Better. 

But it was still a warcamp.

But cowards didn't back down from an opportunity. Those other camps weren't opportunities.

Craven kept going. He entered the camp, and looked around for signs of people. Did he want to find people? He didn't know.

He never did.

"Hello?" Fadran asked. "Who're you?"

We're on Sel.

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hello?" Fadran asked. "Who're you?"

Sel... I think that works pretty well for him, actually. What part of Sel? Or is that just up in the air :P 

Craven jumped at the voice, but wished he hadn't. Cowards don't jump at sudden voices. Besides, it had sounded friendly.

"I'm Craven," he said.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hey, Craven. Uh... you look tired. Like, really tired."

Did he? When was the last time he has slept? "I guess. I've been walking, though. You can't sleep at walk all at the same time."

Edited by Matrim's Dice

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran chuckled. "You'd be surprised. Feel free to stay here and rest up as long as you want."

Rest? Cowards didn't rest. But... so tired... so sore...

"You have beds?" Craven found himself saying.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

"Not good ones, but yeah."

"Can I have one?"

Cowards don't rest. Cowards don't rest.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

I'm both Andante (a teen from Earth who has a magical teleportation book) and Herate (a Forger from here, the "Lady General" of the army, and a recently made Myrkaal). Be glad you weren't here when I had Hiiri. :P

Ah, I remember Herate from Seasonal. Cool!

"Sure."

Craven nodded his thanks, and followed the stranger to a small bed. He laid down, and immediately felt the blessing of sleep fall upon him.

Cowards don't rest.... Cowards don't... rest... Cowards... *yawn*....

Craven dreamed of war.

He had never seen fighting, but he had heard of it. Angry voices and shouting filled his mind. Fire danced across the landscape, destroying everything once beautiful. Craven watched helplessly as men slaughtered one another. The sky was dark. There was no sun, no stars. Just blackness. The terrifying scene encompassed him. It felt real.

He awoke with a start. Sun was glaring down on his face- it still existed. It had only been a dream after all. Craven felt scared, but cowards weren't scared.

He scampered out of bed, but his legs were still weak. Craven wandered around until he caught sight of the stranger from the night before, and tugged on his sleeve. "I'm awake."

@Channelknight Fadran

16 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Craven dreamed of war.

He had never seen fighting, but he had heard of it. Angry voices and shouting filled his mind. Fire danced across the landscape, destroying everything once beautiful. Craven watched helplessly as men slaughtered one another. The sky was dark. There was no sun, no stars. Just blackness. The terrifying scene encompassed him. It felt real.

He awoke with a start. Sun was glaring down on his face- it still existed. It had only been a dream after all. Craven felt scared, but cowards weren't scared.

He scampered out of bed, but his legs were still weak. Craven wandered around until he caught sight of the stranger from the night before, and tugged on his sleeve. "I'm awake."

@Channelknight Fadran

"Hey, Craven," Fadran said. "So... where are you from? How'd you get here?"

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hey, Craven," Fadran said. "So... where are you from? How'd you get here?"

Craven sat down on the ground. The stranger had remembered his name. No one ever remembered his name.

"I don't know where I'm from." he said, picking at a stick and peeling it apart. "I walked here. I walk everywhere."

He looked up at the stranger. "What about you?"

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Craven sat down on the ground. The stranger had remembered his name. No one ever remembered his name.

"I don't know where I'm from." he said, picking at a stick and peeling it apart. "I walked here. I walk everywhere."

He looked up at the stranger. "What about you?"

"Well, I'm pretty good at walking too, if that's what you're asking," Fadran chuckled. "Well, if you don't know where you're from, then where have you been?"

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well, I'm pretty good at walking too, if that's what you're asking," Fadran chuckled. "Well, if you don't know where you're from, then where have you been?"

That wasn't what he was asking, but he didn't want to be rude to someone older than him. "I dunno. All over. Through cities. Mostly just through forests and grasslands though. I had to eat a lot of things that didn't taste very good."

Craven wanted to call the stranger by his name, but also didn't want to be intrusive. But it would probably be fine, right? Cowards didn't hesitate.

"What's your name?" Craven asked.

How old is Fadran? And by that I don't mean literal age, I mean appearance :P 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

That wasn't what he was asking, but he didn't want to be rude to someone older than him. "I dunno. All over. Through cities. Mostly just through forests and grasslands though. I had to eat a lot of things that didn't taste very good.

Craven wanted to call the stranger by his name, but also didn't want to be intrusive. But it would probably be fine, right? Cowards didn't hesitate.

"What's your name?" Craven asked.

"I'm Fadran."

I picture him like... late twenties, early thirties.