The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, STAG said:

“No need to thank me. But that was quite a jump back there. I envy your reflexes.” Merl again peeked over the top of the desk, looking with interest at the new arrivals. Isabelle’s creatures looked small compared to what he was used to, but fierce enough he supposed.

@Isabelle6060

What am I supposed to say to that? Trevor panicked. He said don't thank. But that was for the other thing.

Gosh, had he really gotten that rusty with his social skills?

He went with a bashful, "I trained," which he hadn't, and admired the creatures with him.

Stefan ducked behind the desk as well.

As Isabelle's Delphox and Lucario emerged, a figure appeared at the far side of the room, dressed in yellow and black, with olive skin and short cherry-red hair. She looked at Professor X lying on the floor. "This is my lab now, Lyell," she said, then laughed loudly, stepping closer towards his body. Several goons, dressed similarly, began to swarm in from behind her.

"This is not good," Stephen whispered.

Oh! By the way, I made a picrew for every one of my RP characters and put them all in my About Me.

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

As Isabelle's Delphox and Lucario emerged, a figure appeared at the far side of the room, dressed in yellow and black, with olive skin and short cherry-red hair. She looked at Professor X lying on the floor. "This is my lab now, Lyell," she said, then laughed loudly, stepping closer towards his body. Several goons, dressed similarly, began to swarm in from behind her.

Wide eyed, Trevor faced Stefan. "Can you make a portal to get us out of here? Quickly?" Trevor asked him.

Just now, Merciful said:

Wide eyed, Trevor faced Stefan. "Can you make a portal to get us out of here? Quickly?" Trevor asked him.

"We gotta grab a ball for Dax, though," Stefan said, hesitating. "I know where they are. Maybe you and Isabelle can try holding them off? Make sure they don't kill Professor X? While Merl and I try and sneak away? Or does anyone have a better plan?"

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

"We gotta grab a ball for Dax, though," Stefan said, hesitating. "I know where they are. Maybe you and Isabelle can try holding them off? Make sure they don't kill Professor X? While Merl and I try and sneak away? Or does anyone have a better plan?"

"Yeah. We could run and get to safety, ditch one of her crazy animals, and use the freed-up ball thing-y to get Dax," Trevor offered.

1 minute ago, Merciful said:

"Yeah. We could run and get to safety, ditch one of her crazy animals, and use the freed-up ball thing-y to get Dax," Trevor offered.

"That's not how it works—weren't you paying attention!?" Stefan hissed. "The ball will still have its connection. We need a fresh one, and one capable of storing probably hundreds of thousands of tons of matter, rather than just a walking fox!"

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

"That's not how it works—weren't you paying attention!?" Stefan hissed. "The ball will still have its connection. We need a fresh one, and one capable of storing probably hundreds of thousands of tons of matter, rather than just a walking fox!"

"All foxes walk!" Trevor snapped.

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

“Delphox roast them to bits. Use flamethrower! Lucario use aura sphere!” Isabelle shouted at her Pokémon. 

Delphox growled at the girl and her goons before unleashing a beam of fire at them. Meanwhile, Lucario formed a magic ball and shoved it towards the girl leader. 

5 hours ago, STAG said:

“We need a distraction. Stephen, go grab a pokey ball thing. Trevor, stop arguing and get Isabelle. I’ll grab professor X. Sound good?”

Trevor muttered a bit, but agreed. "Sounds good."

He ran in a crouch across the room to Isabelle and grabbed her arm, rising to his full height (not much more than his crouch) and ready to run. "Boss said to get you," he said in a rush. "We're attempting an escape. Merl's getting the Professor and Stefan is getting a poky ball. Can these guys hold them off?"

5 hours ago, Merciful said:

"All foxes walk!" Trevor snapped.

"Not uprightly!"

5 hours ago, STAG said:

“We need a distraction. Stefan, go grab a pokey ball thing. Trevor, stop arguing and get Isabelle. I’ll grab professor X. Sound good?”

"Sounds good enough," Stefan replied.

2 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

“Delphox roast them to bits. Use flamethrower! Lucario use aura sphere!” Isabelle shouted at her Pokémon.

Delphox growled at the girl and her goons before unleashing a beam of fire at them. Meanwhile, Lucario formed a magic ball and shoved it towards the girl leader. 

11 minutes ago, Merciful said:

Trevor muttered a bit, but agreed. "Sounds good."

He ran in a crouch across the room to Isabelle and grabbed her arm, rising to his full height (not much more than his crouch) and ready to run. "Boss said to get you," he said in a rush. "We're attempting an escape. Merl's getting the Professor and Stefan is getting a poky ball. Can these guys hold them off?"

The girl threw out two of her own Pokémon—a giant blue dinosaur-looking-thing with a turtle shell, and a white, feline humanoid with a long, purple tail. The turtle thing unleashed a blast of water that met Delphox's fire, and the humanoid simply absorbed the energy of Lucario's ball, then dissipated it into the air around it.

"Your Pokémon are NOTHING compared to the might of Team Scimitar!" she cried, laughing like a maniac.

So, Trevor, I think the answer you're looking for is absolutely storming not... maybe?

Stefan drew his sword and bolted to the left, where there was a door leading into a hallway. Two goons spotted and raced after him, the door swinging wildly.

"Shoot," he whispered.

6 hours ago, Vapor said:

"Well, they've had encounters with the mimes before. And (that one king that I totally didn't forget the name of)."

Vapor's grandfather chuckled. "Neither Aridith nor the mimes were very concerned about your group, if my recollection serves me. Besides Jared, of course, but he's not the one you should be worrying about."

On 8/23/2021 at 9:12 AM, mathiau said:

"Go ahead then"

At that Remembrance's glow becomes fainter, and takes on a soft, pulsating blue color. A moment passes, nothing but the wisps of shadow, light, and various ripplings of the pocket dimension. Then, a presence manifests at the boundaries of Da'ar's mind. As the mind approaches, it begins to expand into a deep ocean of sensations, emotions, thoughts, concepts, and... song? Yes, a strange music, lilting and light, deep and rich, impossibly meaningful, yet in the simplest of terms. Melodies fair and bright, tones of color and light, unearthly musics that invoke strange mental shapes. Waves of knowledge swell around Da'ar, the ocean of information encompassing his very being. A fierce storm of activity, the unrelenting pull of a hurricane's winds. Yet despite the vastness of this creature, Da'ar's mind remains untouched. As soon as this fact becomes apparent, the storm ceases. The tide of being ebbs, and the storm of Remembrance's mind settles as quickly as it had erupted, becoming waters of stillness and calm. The immensity of quiet that mantles the two minds remains for but a moment, and then the ocean shifts, shrinking down into an infinitesimal point of pure thought. This point rushes towards Da'ar, a shaft of energy that pierces his outer thoughts and emotions with nothing more than a whisper, careful to avoid all but that which it seeks.

It flies from memory to memory, ignoring most, pausing at some, taking note of nothing and everything at once. Knowledge of sound becomes Remembrance, and Remembrance becomes knowledge of sound. Waveforms of light that are not light, vibrations that do not banish darkness, but give it shape and meaning. This it learns, and then... it leaves. It leaves, taking nothing else save this newfound information. Remnants of its strange musics linger within Da'ar, and in steadfast finality, a single, pure note echoes in his mind. Then all fades to a solem silence.

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

39 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

At that Remembrance's glow becomes fainter, and takes on a soft, pulsating blue color. A moment passes, nothing but the wisps of shadow, light, and various ripplings of the pocket dimension. Then, a presence manifests at the boundaries of Da'ar's mind. As the mind approaches, it begins to expand into a deep ocean of sensations, emotions, thoughts, concepts, and... song? Yes, a strange music, lilting and light, deep and rich, impossibly meaningful, yet in the simplest of terms. Melodies fair and bright, tones of color and light, unearthly musics that invoke strange mental shapes. Waves of knowledge swell around Da'ar, the ocean of information encompassing his very being. A fierce storm of activity, the unrelenting pull of a hurricane's winds. Despite the vastness of this creature, Da'ar's mind remains untouched. As soon as this fact becomes apparent, the storm ceases. The tide of being ebbs, and the storm of Remembrance's mind settles as quickly as it had erupted, becoming an ocean of stillness and calm. The immensity of quiet that mantles the two minds remains for but a moment, and then the ocean shifts, shrinking down into an infinitesimal point of pure thought. This point rushes towards Da'ar, a shaft of light that pierces his outer thoughts and emotions with nothing more than a whisper, careful to avoid all but that which it seeks.

It flies from memory to memory, ignoring most, pausing at some, taking note of nothing and everything at once. Knowledge of sound becomes Remembrance, and Remembrance becomes knowledge of sound. Waves of light that are not light, vibrations that do not banish darkness, but give it shape and meaning. This it learns, and then it leaves. It leaves, taking nothing else save this newfound information.

Da'ar could almost feel Remembrance inside his mind, calming the defences his mind had reflexively put up, seeking knowledge inside his memories. He smiled

"So, have you found what you needed?"

6 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Da'ar could almost feel Remembrance inside his mind, calming the defences his mind had reflexively put up, seeking knowledge inside his memories. He smiled

"So, have you found what you needed?"

The pulsating blue slowly stops, fading back to its normal bluish-white. Remembrance fixes an "eye" on Da'ar. A splash of green appears near its "jaw", and a small, quiet click issues forth from the large snake-like beast. More clicking, accompanied by additional splashes of green that make their way down Remembrance's body. It projects a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction, followed by a stripe of yellow-orange around its "eye" and a hiss.

This is strange, yet... pleasing. I now understand why humans like shaping sound.

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

9 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

The pulsating blue slowly stops, fading back to its normal bluish-white. Remembrance fixes an "eye" on Da'ar. A splash of green appears near its "jaw", and a small, quiet click issues forth from the large snake-like beast. More clicking, accompanied by additional splashes of green that make their way down Remembrance's body. It projects a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction, followed by a stripe of yellow-orange around its "eye" and a hiss.

This is strange, yet... pleasing. I now understand why humans like shaping sound.

Da'ar gave a slight reverence "Happy to have been able to help you"

He found a chair, took out the dark circle from earlier and took a crystalline contraption out of it before putting it back, he did this process a few times.

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Vapor's grandfather chuckled. "Neither Aridith nor the mimes were very concerned about your group, if my recollection serves me. Besides Jared, of course, but he's not the one you should be worrying about."

"Well then... how do we face the mimes so I can go back to them?"

16 hours ago, mathiau said:

Da'ar gave a slight reverence "Happy to have been able to help you"

Remembrance dips its head in a close approximation of a nod, followed by a wordless thought of thanks.

15 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Earth or... something."

Its "skin" fades back to bluish-white as it turns from Da'ar, its head swiveling towards Fadran. It slithers towards the Channelknight, its form rippling, and shrinks down to about the size of a Terran kingsnake. It attempts to twine around Fadran's leg and slither upwards. With an all-curious bump of its mind, Remembrance would come to rest coiled about Fadran's arms and chest, a quiet hiss issuing forth from its body (accompanied by another yellow-orange stripe accross its head).

17 hours ago, Vapor said:

"Well then... how do we face the mimes so I can go back to them?"

Vapor's grandfather considered.

"There is a weapon that would make me powerful enough to face the mimes directly," he said thoughtfully. "It is locked away, however... so we would have to break it out."