The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

"Alright," Professor X said, "Gather up! To recap, we've got Merl, head expert on Dax. Myself, our Pokeball guy. Stefan for some extra backup, if needed. My assistant, Isabelle, because of course, and then... some guy named Trevor."

He walked outside of the hut, and a ways into the grass, then pulled out a wand. He traced into existence a wide, circular portal with glowing green energy, a dungeon awaiting on the other side. "First, to our hub."

@STAG @Isabelle6060 @Merciful

28 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Alright," Professor X said, "Gather up! To recap, we've got Merl, head expert on Dax. Myself, our Pokeball guy. Stefan for some extra backup, if needed. My assistant, Isabelle, because of course, and then... some guy named Trevor."

He walked outside of the hut, and a ways into the grass, then pulled out a wand. He traced into existence a wide, circular portal with glowing green energy, a dungeon awaiting on the other side. "First, to our hub."

Trevor scrambled to jump inside the circle-thing so no one forgot him.

Edited by Merciful
I switched tense :0

25 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Isabelle followed Trevor.

Vapor's knees buckled as the rush of memories hit her. Everything rushed back. All of the Fellowship, her family and friends, she remembered everything. She opened her eyes and saw her grandfather. "I... I think it worked," Vapor said, smiling.

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

Slightly. How is she Magic Treehouse? They need a book to take them where the book is, Andante needs a picture and the Atlas takes her there.

She's from the Books of Beginning, if you've read them.

Sorry, didn’t mean to offend. Its just the first thing that came to my head. Its an intriguing idea, though. What happens if they take a picture of a person? Can they teleport to that person?

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

Merl followed closely behind Professor X, his excitement getting the best of him.

2 hours ago, Merciful said:

Trevor scrambled to jump inside the circle-thing so no one forgot him.

1 hour ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Isabelle followed Trevor.

4 minutes ago, STAG said:

Merl followed closely behind Professor X, his excitement getting the best of him.

Professor X and Stefan stepped through the portal behind, and the portal shrank into nothing behind them.

They stepped into a dungeon room. The air felt heavy, and they could tell this was very deep underground. A warm glow spread throughout the room due to flickering torches along the stone brick walls, which were adorned with tapestries depicting a variety of strange worlds, including four magnificent oak trees in the midst of a forest, a sleek spacecraft hovering in space, a lone castle on a hilly horizon, a cluster of skyscrapers, and a beautiful pearly white city hidden in a valley. Despite the heaviness of the air, there was a slight coolness to its atmosphere, one that felt wonderful.

On top of the carpeted floor, in the center of the room, was a massive round table of stone, with plenty of chairs surrounding it. Inlaid into the stone, there was an assortment of gems or other crystals of various colors, however, green seemed the most prominent. The portal which they had just come from had been created inside one of the walls, one that was left blank of tapestries, but instead stocked with scientific equipment.

"Welcome to the Round Table of the Knights," Professor X said proudly. "Take a seat, and I'll need to tell you about this world."

12 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Welcome to the Round Table of the Knights," Professor X said proudly. "Take a seat, and I'll need to tell you about this world."

“It has been a very, VERY long time since I was inside a cave,” Merl spun in place, getting a good look at everything around him. “or… whatever this is, I guess. It’s very comfortable.”

12 hours ago, STAG said:

“It has been a very, VERY long time since I was inside a cave,” Merl spun in place, getting a good look at everything around him. “or… whatever this is, I guess. It’s very comfortable.”

"'Course it is," said Professor X, smiling. He sat at one of the chairs, which was black and white. "This, technically, is old Steve's universe—by Steve, I mean Stephen of course. We should be relatively safe here, and especially so deep underground."

By the way, Stephen is pronounced like Steven, and Stefan is pronounced Ste-fawn. In case anyone was thinking it different.

16 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Professor X and Stefan stepped through the portal behind, and the portal shrank into nothing behind them.

They stepped into a dungeon room. The air felt heavy, and they could tell this was very deep underground. A warm glow spread throughout the room due to flickering torches along the stone brick walls, which were adorned with tapestries depicting a variety of strange worlds, including four magnificent oak trees in the midst of a forest, a sleek spacecraft hovering in space, a lone castle on a hilly horizon, a cluster of skyscrapers, and a beautiful pearly white city hidden in a valley. Despite the heaviness of the air, there was a slight coolness to its atmosphere, one that felt wonderful.

On top of the carpeted floor, in the center of the room, was a massive round table of stone, with plenty of chairs surrounding it. Inlaid into the stone, there was an assortment of gems or other crystals of various colors, however, green seemed the most prominent. The portal which they had just come from had been created inside one of the walls, one that was left blank of tapestries, but instead stocked with scientific equipment.

"Welcome to the Round Table of the Knights," Professor X said proudly. "Take a seat, and I'll need to tell you about this world."

Isabelle yawned and sat down in a chair. 

23 hours ago, Vapor said:

Vapor's knees buckled as the rush of memories hit her. Everything rushed back. All of the Fellowship, her family and friends, she remembered everything. She opened her eyes and saw her grandfather. "I... I think it worked," Vapor said, smiling.

"Excellence!" said her grandfather, enthused. "Your father will be overjoyed to hear..."

His voice trailed off all of a sudden, his smile slowly disappearing. He looked up, seemingly distracted by something Vapor couldn't see. A few moments later, he uttered a curse.

"The mimes," he stated darkly. "They've spotted us."

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Excellence!" said her grandfather, enthused. "Your father will be overjoyed to hear..."

His voice trailed off all of a sudden, his smile slowly disappearing. He looked up, seemingly distracted by something Vapor couldn't see. A few moments later, he uttered a curse.

"The mimes," he stated darkly. "They've spotted us."

"What do we do?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Sure. what exactly do I do? 

Jek stepped out of a tent. "Where did all the people go?" he asked. 

On 8/21/2021 at 3:31 PM, Isabelle6060 said:

Isabelle shrugged. “Yeah, I’ve been here a few times.” 

"Steve's place is niiiiiiiiiiice," Trevor said, walking along the table and trailing the back of his hand (un-burned) across it. "How'd he manage to land his own universe?" He smiled and pulled himself out a chair. "Just kidding. So, where's this Dax dude?"

Edited by Merciful
technicalities

4 hours ago, Merciful said:

"Steve's place is niiiiiiiiiiice," Trevor said, walking along the table and trailing a hand across it. "How'd he manage to land his own universe?" He smiled and pulled himself out a chair. "Just kidding. So, where's this Dax dude?"

“My world.” Merl said, hands on his hips “very green, very lush.”

12 hours ago, Merciful said:

"Steve's place is niiiiiiiiiiice," Trevor said, walking along the table and trailing a hand across it. "How'd he manage to land his own universe?" He smiled and pulled himself out a chair. "Just kidding. So, where's this Dax dude?"

Stefan took a seat next to Trevor, giving him a bit of an uneasy glance, but returned his attention on Professor X, who had a remote of some kind in his hand.

"Alright, everybody ready? Good. I'm turning the lights down." The flames of the torches, somehow, shrink to a single flame each, and the room was plunged into a cool darkness. A projector kicks in, its light shining along the wall that they had come from. It displayed an image of a beautiful green landscape with a clear sky and a few trees.

"So! The Kalos region, at least the part where my laboratory is, is the most beautiful place to live. It's a quite Earth-similar universe, which means we got stuff like blue skies, plenty of green life, landscapes of both valleys and mountains, all that good stuff."

He pressed a button on his remote, and the image switched to a grassy field filled with various Pokemon. Fluffy brown dog-things to orange fire dragons, little blue frogs to giant metal dinosaur castle turtles.

"These are Pokemon," he said, "They're like other world's animals, but a thousand times cooler and more dangerous."