The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

20 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Lane hid his excitement, keeping his cool facade up. "My friend's been to the Underworld before," he said casually, "Probably I could just ask him to bring me back anyways. Not like I'm prone to dying or anything. Uh, anyways. Sorry."

Jek nodded. "Okay. I think."

Thanks for pointing that out

14 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"These are Pokemon," he said, "They're like other world's animals, but a thousand times cooler and more dangerous."

“Eh, they’re all right. What makes them so special?”

Edited by STAG

On 8/18/2021 at 11:59 AM, mathiau said:

"So you won't remember any other knowledge hidden in my mind?"

Another flick of amusement. If you desire this to be not, then not it will be.

To translate, no. Remembrance sees this as an opportunity to increase its knowledge of human speech. It can have surgical precision when it comes to memories, if it so desires, so it will only review memories pertaining to speech. Even if it did see a sensitive or private memory, it won't care about the meaning of what's being talked about. It's only concerned with how words are being used, so Da'ar has nothing to worry about in regards to context/content of memories.

1 hour ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Another flick of amusement. If you desire this to be not, then not it will be.

"Go ahead then"

Does anyone wanna go punch some universe-destroyers in the face?

And it's just occured to me that Fadran doesn't have any pals to come with while he goes and annihilates some evil kings. Anyone with superpowers want to join him?

I wouldn't be against Da'ar helping with either of these things once this scene with Remembrance is finished and once you've briefed him on either the universe-destroyers or the evil kings matter

25 minutes ago, STAG said:

“Not that I’m aware of.” Merl looked confused. “Um… is he a Pokémon, professor?”

"Probably not, as they're pretty exclusive to my world," Professor X said, "But that gets into the definition of what a Pokémon is. Pretty much any creature with inherent fantastical powers not demonstrated by most other animals, such as the manipulation of elements or aspects of life. Which is much too broad a definition, but we go with it. They end up getting very powerful sometimes, and they're easily captured in Pokéballs, which bring us to our next point."

He clicked a button on the remote and the screen changed to a picture of several Pokéballs of different types and colors, however they were mostly red.

"The Pokéball is a device which, upon thrown, encapsulates and transfers physical matter into energy storage, almost a pocket dimension of sorts. The Pokémon can resist this, but if they're weak, injured, or otherwise debilitated, they're less effective at it. They're inherently programmed not to work on humans, and it's nearly impossible to capture something that already has a bond."

He glanced around the table. "Any questions so far?"

6 hours ago, STAG said:

Merl shook his head, cheerfully looking around to check the others.

1 hour ago, Merciful said:

Trevor lifted a shoulder in response, ready to get past the technical stuff and go find the thing.

"Excellent," Professor X said, "Then let's GET MOVING!"

He flipped the projector off, and he used his wand-thing again to summon another portal. Shiny white tile floors could be seen on the other side of it.

52 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Excellent," Professor X said, "Then let's GET MOVING!"

He flipped the projector off, and he used his wand-thing again to summon another portal. Shiny white tile floors could be seen on the other side of it.

Again, Trevor was the first to jump in with his lunch box safely in hand--or, pressed against his abdomen since he still wouldn't use his hands.

Just now, Merciful said:

Again, Trevor was the first to jump in with his lunch box safely in hand--or, pressed against his abdomen since he still wouldn't use his hands.

Professor X followed. The lab was very large, practically a mansion, with massive glass windows overlooking a valley with cities below, allowing the bright sunlight to pour in unfiltered. What walls weren't glass were solid black, decorated with giant green X's. They stood in what seemed to be a waiting room, with large TVs and a dark rug with a giant green X across it. Professor X slid across the floor, a bit cheerful now, and grabbed himself a dark jacket with a green X across the back, then put it on.

He spread his arms wide. "Welcome to the lab!"

He paused. "It's not... quite... how I remember it."

And with a quick thwoop, Professor X fell to the ground, a tranquilizer dart sticking out from his neck.

@STAG @Isabelle6060

22 hours ago, Vapor said:

"Well, it's not my fault if you get killed or something."

"He's my grandfather. What do we do now?" Vapor asked, turning to her grandfather.

Jek turned towards Jeffery, nodding at him in greeting. "Good to have you... er... sir."

"Plot our next move," said Vapor's grandfather. "We can't stay here for long- the mimes will figure out where we went eventually, and I'm not prepared to face them. Yet."

--

"My contacts have nearly finished preparing a way in for us. All we need is a key to the plane of the mindscapes."

21 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Professor X followed. The lab was very large, practically a mansion, with massive glass windows overlooking a valley with cities below, allowing the bright sunlight to pour in unfiltered. What walls weren't glass were solid black, decorated with giant green X's. They stood in what seemed to be a waiting room, with large TVs and a dark rug with a giant green X across it. Professor X slid across the floor, a bit cheerful now, and grabbed himself a dark jacket with a green X across the back, then put it on.

And with a quick thwoop, Professor X fell to the ground, a tranquilizer dart sticking out from his neck.

@STAG @Isabelle6060

"Ahhhhh-ahhhhh-AHHHHHHH!" Trevor shrieked, letting his lunchbox slide to the floor with a crash. Jumping at his own noise, he covered his ears.

Several shocks of adrenaline shot through him as he scrambled to get behind Merl.

@STAG

Edited by Merciful
I spelled Merl's name wrong :0

50 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Plot our next move," said Vapor's grandfather. "We can't stay here for long- the mimes will figure out where we went eventually, and I'm not prepared to face them. Yet."

--

"My contacts have nearly finished preparing a way in for us. All we need is a key to the plane of the mindscapes."

"Should I go back to the Fellowship?" Vapor asked hopefully.

Jek nodded.

Edited by Vapor

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

@STAG @Isabelle6060

“I don’t think that was supposed to happen.” 

1 hour ago, Merciful said:

"Ahhhhh-ahhhhh-AHHHHHHH!" Trevor shrieked, letting his lunchbox slide to the floor with a crash. Jumping at his own noise, he covered his ears.

Several shocks of adrenaline shot through him as he scrambled to get behind Merl.

@STAG

Isabelle dramatically threw out two pokeballs. “Go Delphox and Lucario!” 

1 hour ago, Isabelle6060 said:

“I don’t think that was supposed to happen.” 

Isabelle dramatically threw out two pokeballs. “Go Delphox and Lucario!” 

Merl quickly got over his immediate shock and dove behind some desks and equipment, beckoning Trevor to follow. Merl peeked over the top with staff in hand. “Are you okay?” He asked Trevor.

10 hours ago, STAG said:

Merl quickly got over his immediate shock and dove behind some desks and equipment, beckoning Trevor to follow. Merl peeked over the top with staff in hand. “Are you okay?” He asked Trevor.

Trevor did follow, deciding Merl knew what he was doing and at last getting his act together. "Yeah, uh, fine," he said, his face heating up. Was he supposed to say 'thank you'? He found himself not wanting to seem rude to Merl, so he said, "thanks" as quickly as possible and hoped with everything he had that Merl would pretend it didn't happen. Then he remembered what was going on and watched as Isabelle's pok-y animals formed.

22 minutes ago, Merciful said:

Trevor did follow, deciding Merl knew what he was doing and at last getting his act together. "Yeah, uh, fine," he said, his face heating up. Was he supposed to say 'thank you'? He found himself not wanting to seem rude to Merl, so he said, "thanks" as quickly as possible and hoped with everything he had that Merl would pretend it didn't happen. Then he remembered what was going on and watched as Isabelle's pok-y animals formed.

“No need to thank me. But that was quite a jump back there. I envy your reflexes.” Merl again peeked over the top of the desk, looking with interest at the new arrivals. Isabelle’s creatures looked small compared to what he was used to, but fierce enough he supposed.

@Isabelle6060