Top Three Results in KR quiz

Top three results  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What's your top three results in the official KR quiz?

I got Truthwatcher (71%), Edgedancer (64%) and Elsecaller (57%).

The description for Truthwatcher was almost an uncanny match even beyond personality traits, since they have Progression and are most likely to be Artifabrians, and I'm an engineer who works in the medical device industry. Can't wait to see more of what the Truthwatcher oaths entail.

I didn't screenshot or write down my percentages, but I think I got:

Edgedancer - 78%
Windrunner - 74%
Bondsmith - 73%

It surprised me a little, because I feel that my values line up best with Bondsmith - I expected that to come out on top. Plus, Dalinar is my favorite SA character, though I love all of the main characters.

I do wonder what my results would have been, if I had taken this quiz before reading any of the SA books. Oh well, I'll never know.

What impresses me is how many different results we all got! On some of the quizzes that have been around a while, almost everyone gets Windrunner or something. This quiz has a wide distribution amongst the answers - whoever made it did a great job!:D

7 hours ago, Iarwainiel said:

It surprised me a little, because I feel that my values line up best with Bondsmith - I expected that to come out on top. Plus, Dalinar is my favorite SA character, though I love all of the main characters.

The quiz is programmed to give a lower chance for Bondsmiths. You get 10 scores based on the sums of the distances squared from the ideal answer for each order. The lowest score is what you are placed into. The Bondsmith score is multiplied by a constant first. (1.3, I think)

7 hours ago, Iarwainiel said:

I do wonder what my results would have been, if I had taken this quiz before reading any of the SA books. Oh well, I'll never know.

I was curious about this base concept, so I had my mom take the quiz and she was an Elsecaller.

...It's definitely fitting.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:37 AM, Requiem17 said:

Willshaper (63%), elsecaller (62%), then Windrunner (62%). 

At first I thought I should take the test again and see if I get a bigger split, but now I just think I'd likely only make it to Willshaper Third Ideal. I can accept that. 

Why only the third ideal? What are the first 3, anyway?

So my wife took the quiz based on her knowledge of me.  She knows nothing about the Stormlight Archive.  This is almost the complete opposite of what my results were when I took it myself.  First image is from her input about me; the second image is my own input about me...

I identify most as Lightweaver/ Willshaper but she has me pegged as almost all Skybreaker. 

Screenshot_20200617-003851_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200613-232315_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, Watchcry said:

Why only the third ideal? What are the first 3, anyway?

I don't know what the first three are, I meant that because I'm averaged across three orders that maybe I wouldn't become the perfect fifth Ideal Willshaper. Or maybe I would, regardless I'm excited to see what the Willshaper Ideals are in this next book, because I'm still excited to be categorized as a Willshaper.

It's interesting that you got something so different than what your wife gave you! I've seen a lot of Lightweavers here and on Reddit who had other people take their quizzes for them (it's like they're worried about lying or something :P). I hope you go with the quiz that you took for yourself!

We're self-reporting with the (great!) poll at the top if this thread.

Does anyone know if the results of the actual quiz are being tallied anywhere? - like, of ALL the people who took it, what percentage were Windrunners, etc.?

It would be interesting to compare those 2 sets of results.:)

I've taken the quiz 3 times now. Windrunner has always been in the top 3. Truthwatcher was top 3 twice, and the other 2 were edgedancer, and skybreaker. That was kind of a surprise. I expected Windrunner, but edgedancer wasn't on my radar.

On a couple I wasn’t sure how to answer so I left it in the middle to show I don’t swing either way.

Anyway my results were:

1. Lightweaver 70%
2. Truthwatcher 68%
3. Edgedancer 63%
4. Willshaper 56%
5. Windrunner 50%
6. Dustbringer 48%
7. Elsecaller 47%
8. Bondsmith 38%
9. Skybreaker 35%
10. Stoneward 32%

I’ve not tried to figure out what KR I’d be before this since we don’t know every single order yet.

Anyway what do my results mean? 

Has anyone noticed that the KR quiz will give you Willshaper and Windrunner at 77% if you do nothing*? The full results are:

jt3WBYEV9gP7yDseY4IxtKzg7y_OYDCLGOZvsphx-7U3qnzpBls0AINWf8BzfEsyB3CWWRic_6NVbijx9WmcywqXtIDLKh-YBQGcVS4akJzpmCkS6ebhlCBVd-khDXhfHs6zWC2d

This reaffirms the Bondsmith thing that ChickenLiberty mentioned

*you have to move something off of and back onto 50%

Edited by GoWibble

3 hours ago, GoWibble said:

Has anyone noticed that the KR quiz will give you Willshaper and Windrunner at 77% if you do nothing*? The full results are:

jt3WBYEV9gP7yDseY4IxtKzg7y_OYDCLGOZvsphx-7U3qnzpBls0AINWf8BzfEsyB3CWWRic_6NVbijx9WmcywqXtIDLKh-YBQGcVS4akJzpmCkS6ebhlCBVd-khDXhfHs6zWC2d

This reaffirms the Bondsmith thing that ChickenLiberty mentioned

*you have to move something off of and back onto 50%

That's really weird how it gives you almost 2/3rds compatibility with EVERY order, but i guess if you're perfectly balanced, that's what would happen

12 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

That's really weird how it gives you almost 2/3rds compatibility with EVERY order, but i guess if you're perfectly balanced, that's what would happen

Either that, or you aren't interesting broken enough to attract a spren

• 1 month later...

Interesting thing I noticed: There seems to be a strong connection between Elsecallers and Dustbringers. It makes sense. Their oaths are similar. What I don't get is why there seems to be a connection between Dustbringers and Willshapers. 

Dustbringers are about self control. Willshapers are about freedom. I feel like they should be opposites, but that doesn't seem to be the case. (Granted we only have six data points for Dustbringers so far...)

Any thoughts on the Dustbringer/Willshaper relationship?

55 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

Interesting thing I noticed: There seems to be a strong connection between Elsecallers and Dustbringers. It makes sense. Their oaths are similar. What I don't get is why there seems to be a connection between Dustbringers and Willshapers. 

Dustbringers are about self control. Willshapers are about freedom. I feel like they should be opposites, but that doesn't seem to be the case. (Granted we only have six data points for Dustbringers so far...)

It takes a lot of self-control to not impose your will on someone else?

2 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

It's a common mistake, but I believe that true freedom comes by setting your own limits.