The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

27 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

On these forums? Bands of Mourning. :P But that is probably just the context in which I read it. At church, I'd likely think Book of Mormon.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner! Nice job on spotting both of the answers. 

p.s. that is a great member title

5 hours ago, Slowswift said:

On these forums? Bands of Mourning. :P But that is probably just the context in which I read it. At church, I'd likely think Book of Mormon.

Now, if all three letters were capitalized, I would immediately think of a Byte Order Mark, which is a painful, arcane detail programmers have to be aware of when dealing with Unicode text.

12 hours ago, One of the Ten Fools said:

What do you first think of when you see BoM?

I only think of the Book of Mormon

My ward had 8 missionaries a couple of weeks ago. It was awesome.

On 1/11/2024 at 10:22 PM, One of the Ten Fools said:

What do you first think of when you see BoM?

Definitely the Book of Mormon.

On 1/12/2024 at 11:04 AM, Lego Mistborn said:

I only think of the Book of Mormon

My ward had 8 missionaries a couple of weeks ago. It was awesome.

How do you have eight missionaries? As in serving at your ward, or members of your ward out on missions? 

20 hours ago, TwinSouls said:

Definitely the Book of Mormon.

How do you have eight missionaries? As in serving at your ward, or members of your ward out on missions? 

Serving in our ward (it was in the middle of a transfer) we usually have 2 sets of 2-3 because our ward is quite bi-lingual, but not big enough yet to split into English and Spanish. Right now we don't have any missionaries out from here, though 2 or 3 of of are leaving this summer. We have a small youth population.

Edited by Lego Mistborn

We had two mission farewells in my ward today!! It's crazy how quickly people grow up...I've known both of them for more than 10 years. One of them plays the violin, and so she played I Need Thee Every Hour with 5 other violinists. Music is absolutely beautiful, it brings in such a strong spirit.

(Also Thaidybear you're killing me I love that)

Just now, Edema Rue said:

We had two mission farewells in my ward today!! It's crazy how quickly people grow up...I've known both of them for more than 10 years. One of them plays the violin, and so she played I Need Thee Every Hour with 5 other violinists. Music is absolutely beautiful, it brings in such a strong spirit.

(Also Thaidybear you're killing me I love that)

I wish I could've heard that...

(I'm glad XD)

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I wish I could've heard that...

(I'm glad XD)

I snuck a video, maybe I'll pull the audio out and put it here because it was gorgeous.

I read a thing about Elder Ballard the other day about how he was in a Sigma Chi fraternity and my first thought was, if there's ever a movie about him, Christian Bale should totally play him. (I'm joking, I'd never ever want him playing Elder Ballard-)

image.png.fc03eeef8a1cfda2cc7471b472cb4379.png

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I read a thing about Elder Ballard the other day about how he was in a Sigma Chi fraternity and my first thought was, if there's ever a movie about him, Christian Bale should totally play him. (I'm joking, I'd never ever want him playing Elder Ballard-)

image.png.fc03eeef8a1cfda2cc7471b472cb4379.png

uhhh ok?

AM I THE ONLY ONE

WHO DIDN'T KNOW THAT 'POPCORN POPPING ON THE APRICOT TREE' REFERED TO THE BLOSSEMS ON THE TREE? THAT COME BEFORE THE FRUIT? 

Why did that take me so long to figure out? I literally grew up with flowering trees by my house . . .

34 minutes ago, Mason Wheeler said:

It's right there in the second stanza...

kid me did not understand metaphor ;-;

(also I'm pretty sure my ward only ever had us sing the 1st verse but I could be remembering wrong)