The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

30 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Yes, I do so hate feeling defective somehow. I feel disposable. . Goodness, sometimes I wish I was still homeschooled, because I really don't want to be treated as undesirable or somehow inferior. I mean, I think I am, but I would really rather people not base that off of me just being a teenage boy.

I haven't had much experience with people thinking I was inferior because I was a teenage boy or whatever, but I think they'll do that no matter what. Homeschooling to hide from it won't prepare you for later on in life. Home school is something to consider anyway, with all the crap going on in schools, but people will always be basing things based off your looks. If you learn to be who you want to be, and to portray that, they'll realize they were wrong.

On 2/2/2023 at 2:16 PM, That1Cellist said:

Yes, I do so hate feeling defective somehow. I feel disposable. . Goodness, sometimes I wish I was still homeschooled, because I really don't want to be treated as undesirable or somehow inferior. I mean, I think I am, but I would really rather people not base that off of me just being a teenage boy.

It's amazing how different experiences can be. I'm homeschooled, but my problem is with thinking I'm better than other people. Also, nobody really judges me based on my teenage boy status.

Matthew 6:

16  Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to afast. Verily I say unto you, They bhave their reward.

17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

18 That thou appear not unto men to afast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall breward thee openly.

Fasting is easier for me when I have a reason that I'm fasting for. So try keeping someone in need in your thoughts and fast for them when you do. I can promise that it will be easier to ignore the hunger pains. Also try preparing the day before by thinking about what you are going to fast for. That was a thought that came to me last night and I thought that I should share it.

55 minutes ago, AonDoor said:

16  Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to afast. Verily I say unto you, They bhave their reward.

17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

18 That thou appear not unto men to afast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall breward thee openly.

Okay, true, maybe I was complaining a bit. But to be fair it was five minutes before dinner and the food smelled really delicious. 

I didn't mean to be a hypocrite and definitely don't regret my fast; it's one of the things I cherish most about my month.

We watched it as soon as it became available last night it was so good!!

I didn’t have to fast yesterday because we had stake conference. Except that it means I’ll be alone doing it next week. 

Edited by Aes Sedai