Introducing The Stormlight Archive to My Wife, or: A Hilarious Series of Names

Goatbringer

I vote for either BigSkellyBois or RockySkellyBois, and I defs vote against Kalinar -- ewwwww; plus that would be sad because Kaladin especially in WoR really needs Dalinar to be a leader and father figure; remember that part before the army departs and

Spoiler

Dalinar says "An apology is in order" and Kaladin's emotions are just churning and Dalinar says "Not you, son" - - that's the relationship that Kal needs now, IMO.

But Tay's reactions are just so off-the-wall, and that's what makes this thread so fun!

I am still SO eager for her to meet Lift! but that Interlude is a long way off.

Total respect for Tay and all other schoolteachers in these challenging times! and parents and children as well! They all need superpowers!

10 minutes ago, Goatbringer said:

*After falling asleep through Ym’s interlude*

TAY: So some geezer made a kid some shoes?
ME: Yeah and then he gets shanked by a guy with a Shardblade.
TAY: Should I care about this?
ME: Only if you want to know that some guy is going around serial killing budding Surgebinders.
TAY: I hope he kills Shallan next.

PS: This interaction just happened before posting:

TAY: Hey are we going to find out all of the bad stuff Elhokar did or are we just going to take Rayse at his word?
ME: Rayse?
TAY: Yeah… that Lighteyes with the Shardblade who Moash introduced to Kaladin?
ME: Oh… Graves! That’s weird because Rayse is actually the real name of Odium.
TAY:
ME:
TAY: Spooky-spook.

me to Tay, me to.

I was so scared we missed something and Odium has been influencing Alethi Politics.

Yes! Thank you for this update! This is great. Give thy upvotes. 

38 minutes ago, Goatbringer said:

TAY: Ungh. Of course Adolin talks to his Shardblade. He’s like a guy who kisses his knuckles before a fight.

He does that, too. CBD20089-4C58-4178-8801-326EFB8F954D.jpeg.3dc5d798d36a29e700e941e3e14060e5.jpeg

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

10 hours ago, Goatbringer said:

Eshonai – Captain Parshendi

Is that like Captain America?

TAY: Ungh. Of course Adolin talks to his Shardblade. He’s like a guy who kisses his knuckles before a fight.

Do you think she will change her mind when she learns that Maya is an actual person?

TAY: Is he a bad guy? He sounds like a bad guy.

A good way to explain Zahel without going into details is that he is a guy who finished his tragic version of the heroic cycle many years ago and now sits around with his regrets, accomplishments and grumpiness.

She thinks he’s easily the best character

TRUTH!

ME: She’s a good person!

She also feels a sense of personal obligation that I find quite interesting.  Shallan's nature is to seek beauty both for its own sake and because she has chosen it as one of her life goals.  To a person in her situation beauty is the time when pain, not just her own, decreases. 

• 2 weeks later...