Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

Yeah, I knew quite a bit before Botw. The games I've really played through blind have been FFVI and Pokemon: Omega Ruby. Granted, my gaming experience has been very limited when compared to some, but I think I could get a lot more out of games and have a lot more enjoyment of them if I played through more blind.

same. I wish I hadn't spoiled Hollow Knight for myself so much

Just now, Wittles of Shinovar said:

same. I wish I hadn't spoiled Hollow Knight for myself so much

Yes. Yes. Yes. That game in particular is one I wish I would have played blind. Maybe then I could have cried. At least I was blind to the soundtrack, so that was a really nice discovery.

2 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Yes. Yes. Yes. That game in particular is one I wish I would have played blind. Maybe then I could have cried. At least I was blind to the soundtrack, so that was a really nice discovery.

Yeah.

I still remember the feeling I got when I was in the first few places. especially riding on the stag station for the first time. that was special

5 minutes ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

Yeah.

I still remember the feeling I got when I was in the first few places. especially riding on the stag station for the first time. that was special

Yes. The Last Stag/Old Stag was somehow one of my favorite characters. Though I guess this is a little bit off topic for the Zelda thread.

1 minute ago, Potato's Wit said:

Meh. The more red herrings, the better the conversation. :P

ummmm that isn't really a red herring I'm pretty sure, though I suppose you mentioning red herrings could be interpreted as one in and of itself.

Who else here has played A Link Between Worlds?

3 minutes ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

*raises hand really really fast* ME!!

YES! A FELLOW 3DS ENJOYER!

Have you homebrewed yours? Anyway, A Link Between Worlds is certainly not my favorite title, but it is my first Zelda game (Though I suppose I haven't played many, but my lore knowledge is pretty good) So the game is special to me in that way. I wish the items were better in combat, because for the most part spamming sword is best, unless you're fighting streetpass shadow links. and then fire rod and ice rod are really good, as well as shields.

3 minutes ago, Potato's Wit said:

Mwahahahaha.

Begone evil laugher person! *Yiga clan poofs you out of existence*

Edited by That1Cellist

1 minute ago, Potato's Wit said:

*summons Hearty Durian gardian mixes to shoot smelly lasers at you* Oooh, I always wanna fight.

*Utilizes Revali's gale to both eliminate the smell and obtain a positional advantage and pulls out a bow* "You got it then!"

Spoiler

I feel kind of dumb but I'm enjoying this too much.

Edited by That1Cellist

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

*Utilizes Revali's gale to both eliminate the smell and obtain a positional advantage and pulls out a bow* "You got it then!"

Reveal hidden contents

I feel kind of dumb but I'm enjoying this too much.

Sorry, I have to go. *summons all of the blights for you to fight while i'm gone.*

Well, now that whatever that was is over, you guys can come out now, if you want. I see you all watching down there in the "Recently Browsing" section.

I wish that bows hadn't been quite so overpowered in Botw. I like the sword combat, but bows were just better. I love the bullet time mechanic, but I wish that swords felt just a bit better to use. Don't get me wrong though, the combat in Botw was amazing, in my opinion.

Thoughts on weapon durability?

Edited by That1Cellist

On 3/14/2023 at 2:01 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

This is easily one the best Zelda theories ever constructed.

That is all.

Reveal hidden contents

Has anyone noticed the decided lack of Triforce in all our beloved TotK trailers? I wonder what that's all about...

I love this, Fadran.

Really the only fantasy universe that I've deeply looked into theories of this sort is the Cosmere. So it's interesting and fun to be exposed to similar lines of thinking in the Zelda universe.

And it does make much sense.

And makes me like Skyward Sword more, which was already my favorite Zelda game, at least plotwise.

(I need to play more Zelda games.)

About the gameplay though, gotta say (spoilered for people going in blind) 

Spoiler

The fuse mechanic looks so insanely open ended and breakable. I'm about 85% sure someone will design a working mech with it. I'll die happy if I can ride a mech into Hyrule Castle. 

Not sure why my first thought was mechs either but yeah, looks fun. 

By the way, I've been working hard on a Legend of Zelda TTRPG. For those of you who don't speak fluent acronym, that's basically D&D but made specifically for the Legend of Zelda; and for those of you who are wondering why I can't just make some LoZ races for an LoZ campaign... it's a long story. I'll summarize it in some bullet points.

• Wan make some LoZ races for D&D!
  • Oh... someone already did that.
  • Well, then, let's make a slightly different version of D&D that's entirely LoZ-inspired!
  • Oh... I don't know how magic works in LoZ.
  • Well, then, let's just lift all instances of magic in LoZ and make a list of spells accordingly!
  • Oh... there really is no diffinitive catalogue of magic in LoZ, and all of it is   s u p e r   vague.
  • In that case, we'll just have to create a system where you design your own magic!
  • And two years later I'm still working on it.

11 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

Well, now that whatever that was is over, you guys can come out now, if you want. I see you all watching down there in the "Recently Browsing" section.

I wish that bows hadn't been quite so overpowered in Botw. I like the sword combat, but bows were just better. I love the bullet time mechanic, but I wish that swords felt just a bit better to use. Don't get me wrong though, the combat in Botw was amazing, in my opinion.

Thoughts on weapon durability?

A friend of mine is playing through BotW for the first time now, and one of his first comments on it was about disliking the durability.

for my part, I'm OK with it in theory, but I think they set the durability on most melee weapons far too low. Shields mostly felt about right, and Bows were OK, but some of the melee weapons, especially the early ones, would break in like 2 hits.

14 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

ummmm that isn't really a red herring I'm pretty sure, though I suppose you mentioning red herrings could be interpreted as one in and of itself.

Who else here has played A Link Between Worlds?

That was my second Zelda game. I enjoyed it, tho not as much as spirit tracks or Ocarina 3DS

17 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

About the gameplay though, gotta say (spoilered for people going in blind) 

Reveal hidden contents

The fuse mechanic looks so insanely open ended and breakable. I'm about 85% sure someone will design a working mech with it. I'll die happy if I can ride a mech into Hyrule Castle. 

Not sure why my first thought was mechs either but yeah, looks fun. 

Also spoilers for people going in blind

Spoiler

I agree, I think it's going to be honestly insane. There's a lot of potentially gamebreaking stuff in this, so I'm interested to see where it'll go. Looking forward to the game though.