Punch Him in the Face

StanLemon

3 hours ago, The traveller said:

Who do you want to be punched in the face next?

How about a repeat of the "You!? Me!' scene with Hoid, Kaladin, Adolin and Shallan from WoR, except that it's a whole bunch of people Hoid has annoyed and they take turns punching him.

I would love a scene of Dalinar punching Odium in the face

10 hours ago, Weltall said:

How about a repeat of the "You!? Me!' scene with Hoid, Kaladin, Adolin and Shallan from WoR, except that it's a whole bunch of people Hoid has annoyed and they take turns punching him.

This would be very entertaining

On 10/27/2019 at 9:18 PM, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

Laral punching Kaladin.

What for?  Also not very in character for her.

Dalinar punching Odium.  MUST HAPPEN. Such a Dalinar moment. 

Stormfather.  You have just destroyed the all powerful god of evil .  What do you wish to do now? 

Dalinar. Punch him in the face just to make sure.

Dalinar does so.

Oduim turns over and groans. 

This way he can be a back 5 antagonist.  Smaller scale more volition and direct action.

Edited by Karger

10 hours ago, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

I don’t know, I could sense tension between them last time they met. I could see them getting into a fight and her losing it.

They were supposed to get married and he just barged in with bad news and punched her husband.  Of course she is displeased.

12 hours ago, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

I don’t know, I could sense tension between them last time they met. I could see them getting into a fight and her losing it.

Makes me think of the bar scene from Man of Steel. Laral punches Kaladin and he doesn't even move, just stands there.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:16 AM, Weltall said:

Given how much fun Secret History was, I also think that Kelsier needs to punch his way through the entire list of Vessels... and then find some way to make time-travel work so he can include the ones who Odium already killed. We know from Brandon that he'd find the idea of punching Tanavast really really fun.

I'm starting to doubt Tanavast's abilities tbh. I mean, war against the Singers, the Oathpact resulting in torture of his Heralds, the Recreance (though he was apparently losing his marbles by this point). He might have been well-meaning but I think he might have screwed up a few things.

2 hours ago, Honorless said:

I'm starting to doubt Tanavast's abilities tbh. I mean, war against the Singers, the Oathpact resulting in torture of his Heralds, the Recreance (though he was apparently losing his marbles by this point). He might have been well-meaning but I think he might have screwed up a few things.

I believe the idea that it is a long con of honor and cultivation on odium. Deliberately fighting in a manner that it looks like you are losing is a good strategy too.. honors death has made odium over confident. Cultivation already led odium to believe that he won with dalinar until the last moment pulling the rug off him.. 

In the end I think H and C will win because their vessels are willing to die in order to cause odiums defeat.. 

H let himself be killed, he even planned for a successor vessel and C might be doing something similar with NW training

27 minutes ago, The traveller said:

I believe the idea that it is a long con of honor and cultivation on odium. Deliberately fighting in a manner that it looks like you are losing is a good strategy too.. honors death has made odium over confident. Cultivation already led odium to believe that he won with dalinar until the last moment pulling the rug off him.. 

In the end I think H and C will win because their vessels are willing to die in order to cause odiums defeat.. 

H let himself be killed, he even planned for a successor vessel and C might be doing something similar with NW training

That is a bit too optimistic, I think.

I remember that line that Wyndle said, that Mother (Cultivation) is starting to give up on humans.

Preservation had reason to want to put Scadrians before himself. It was his Intent plus he created them.

I don't see Honor and Cultivation doing this. They have no obligation. They've already switched sides before, from Singers towards humans, maybe for completely understandable reasons but I don't see them as self-sacrifing.

There is also the doubt that Cultivation herself expressed on Dalinar, that he might ultimately become Odium's. Does she have a plan? Definitely. Was everything that happened part of the plan? No. She is juggling multiple things and doing it well, that doesn't mean she's calculating the trajectory of all individual pieces.

It was the same with Preservation's plan. Not everything went according to plan but he had accounted for those moments of chaos the best he could. Even then without the random factor of Kelsier, everything would have gone completely awry.

Edited by Honorless

@Honorless agreed on that H and Especially cultivation may not care about humans or even singers well being or even survival. I do buy odiums arguments on this. But I think they do intend to see odium lose. For that she is willing to take many risks..

41 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Does she have a plan? Definitely. Was everything that happened part of the plan? No. She is juggling multiple things and doing it well, that doesn't mean she's calculating the trajectory of all individual pieces.

Hmm.. certainly not calculating but nudging in her desired direction at certain crucial moments.. it paid of with dalinar but will it pay off every time? Certainly not.. 

I am saying they have a plan but I whether that plan will succeed in the way they desire? Doubtful.. 

Edited by The traveller

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic