Just now, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Failen looked at her, tilting his head. "Well... it's kind of like the energy in your muscles. I gain more if i practice enough, or if I get older, but it's less certain than building muscle strength is. What are 'biotics'? I've never heard of that before." 

"Maybe just another word for magic."

She smiled, but didn't demonstrate anything, mostly because her Biotics were a lot of things but subtle wasn't a part of it.

"I can control gravity, although not completely, and only for a specific timeframe and in a certain area. Either I negate it completely, or I can hurl things around, or rip them apart completely." that covered most of it.

"I was exposed to E-Zero and my nervous system developed in a way to grant me access to my Biotics. The amp is only there to strengthen them, help me control them." Turning around she lifted her haid of her neck, showed them the scar there. "There is still research going on, to build better ones, but mine was a rather early model and it made some Biotics go crazy. So I suppose I can be lucky with the headaches."

On 9/19/2019 at 3:52 AM, I think I am here. said:

“And that thought-speak you guys have is cool. Like super long-distance radios?”

John thought for a moment. "I guess."

---

Alyssa listened to the thought that Failen gave her. A title? I guess you could call it that, she thought to him. But it's so much more than a title. It's a life, a heritage. She looked at John. His - his is so much more. He was the first Gathen to change 'titles' as you call it, in over 6 Billion Orbits. Ask him some time what he was before he was Flamesinger, then you'll understand. It was only through a fluke that this happened. She walked away, and stood at the edge of the fog. What was it? She reached out to touch it, and her fingers burned when they made contact. She pulled her hand back, the burns slowly fading away already, and continued gazing at it.

@ShadowLord_Lith @I think I am here.

Edited by John Flamesinger
Forgot Mention. I like Trains.

Cheh nodded, listened to their words. It was reassuring to know they believed in him, and Failen’s words were certainly interesting to reflect on. Maybe Cheh hadn’t been bending metal because he hadn’t thought he could? But even when he had, he’d failed. He still wasn’t sure he’d ever be more than just a farm boy, but Jessy’s assurance he’d be able to control metal eventually helped him.

“I wonder how our magics interact,” Cheh said. “Like, Failen, if I earthbended, could you make that earth glow? We could use them as super portable lamps at night time, without the risk of smoke or starting a fire.”

On 19.9.2019 at 4:25 PM, John Flamesinger said:

She reached out to touch it, and her fingers burned when they made contact. She pulled her hand back, the burns slowly fading away already, and continued gazing at it.

"What is that fog?"

Jessy asked and looked at Alyssa's fingers.

"Should we stay clear of it?"

John talked to Alyssa in Gathen for a moment, and turned to Jessy. "Yes. As we saw, Alyssa was able to go into the fog the first time, but she ended up behind us. Then she tried touching it, and it burned her. For all we know, it's because it built up a tolerance of some kind to her, or it changes the longer we wait and becomes more deadly. We'll have to go around."

@Sorana

Why Not? I can edit whenever I want.

John let Alyssa know that they were leaving, and set off, intending to lead the group. After crashing through the brush for a bit, he came across a clearing, with the fog still prevalent to his right. And then he saw Alyssa disappearing into the woods. That can't be right, she was going to watch the groups... back... Alyssa?

Yeah? I just left the clearing we were in.

I just entered.

The light levels of the clearing began to flunctuate, and both Alyssa and John's heads shot up toward the sky. They saw the sun, as the amount of light being released started to change.

"Oh no," John whispered in Gathen. They needed to go, since anything that happened to the star had happened 20 minutes before, as they were 20 lightminutes in orbital distance.

They slumped to the ground, and John used only his mind as he projected his misery to the world.

Oh No.

@Sorana @Eluvianii @I think I am here. @ShadowLord_Lith @Blessing of Potency @Dr. Dapper

Added Mentions, which, is perfectly legal. I just wanted to move the story along, alright? Wait, what? I can't do that? Well, I think I just did. I follow my own rules (When I can) Thank you very much. Now: THOU SHALT PLAY HALO. Because Halo. And Halo.:)

2 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Failen looked over at them, forcing himself up to his feet. He didn't even remember falling, but his body hurt pretty badly. "What? Why? What's happening?"

10 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Rydin stared at the sun glumly for a moment, then at the fog. "So, is the sun gonna explode or something? Because then we'd all be dead, and that would be bad." 

"Because Rydin is right. The sun is going to explode." He looked at them. All of them. "I know you aren't here by choice most of you, and I know that some of you must hate me for doing it, and by extension Alyssa, but I need you to listen to me. Please." This was something John had ever done. He always commanded, and watched as people scrambled to listen to him. 

But he felt this was better.

Ryan took a moment to grasp what was happening. The sun was going to explode? What could even measure to that? They were going to die right there! Without his family ever knowing what happened to him!

. . .

I have to calm down.

. . .

That was better.

John, he tried to focus on John. He looked worried but he probably also knew what to do, he looked humble even. And he needed their help.

"What do we need to do?" Ryan asked him.

8 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“The sun will explode?” Cheh asked and suddenly got very worried.

“But, But, you can stop it right?” He asked John, scrambling for words.

“You said you could control fire, isn’t that what the sun is?”

"The sun is not fire." John looked at Cheh, his gaze piercing. "It's similar, but not similar enough. Even if it was," and at this he looked up. His voice quieted. "Even if it was, even before the Fall, only a Magic could stop a Supernova."

7 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

"What do we need to do?" Ryan asked him.

"We need to think. Maybe someone can think of something like... like...". Realization swept across his face. 

"Something like a portal."

Failen blinked. "Oh... there's... there's a chance I could open a page to the fairy realm, if I had access to enough light magic..." He hasn't ever done it before, but... there- was a chance. They'd just be on his earth when they left, and they'd probably lose their memories of the place afterwards. 

John perked up. Light Magic. Yes, of course. Failen, he thought, directing it to both him and Alyssa, if you had the help of two powerful beings of Light Magic and a much bigger supply than what you're probably used to, could you open the portal somewhere else?

Failen paused, considering. "Maybe... I'd need to connect two objects that hold a lot of significance with each other- I'm part unicorn, so getting to the fairy realm is easy. Do you have a place where you own something? I could connect something you have with something you have somewhere else- touching that item would then pull you to that place." It was harder, but with two people helping... he might be able to make it work. He'd have to, actually, if he wanted to live. 

I think so, though having the help would be the most important part. They could correct any mistakes I make in the magic... I really hope you have a place. anyone in the group could make it work...

Failen bit his lip. It might... anything you've owned for a long time would be better. the more important it is to you, the better. So your first bow is absolutely perfect. This brand new ice bow, though... As long as it becomes a permanent feature of the landscape, it'll be fine. "Are you all ready? We'll have to move fast once it's finished..." His grandmother had made portals from rocks and turned them into statues, or simply enchanted the statues. It all depended on how permanent it was. As a source of magic? Sure, impermanent is fine. As a portal? The longer lasting, the better. 

Alyssa and John lightly touched Failen on each shoulder, and forged a connection to Light Magic.

"Whenever you're ready." John looked Failen in the eye.

@Eluvianii @I think I am here.  @Dr. Dapper @Sorana @ShadowLord_Lith

Why Not? I can edit whenever I want.

2 hours ago, John Flamesinger said:

Alyssa and John lightly touched Failen on each shoulder, and forged a connection to Light Magic.

"Whenever you're ready." John looked Failen in the eye.

@Eluvianii @I think I am here.  @Dr. Dapper @Sorana @ShadowLord_Lith

Jessy nodded. "I'm good to go."

I have to admit, I'm not sure what Jessy can contribute to this...

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

I have to admit, I'm not sure what Jessy can contribute to this...

That's alright. Hey Lith, do you mind Goddmodding John and Alyssa while I'm gone for the next couple of days? Just basic dialogue, I don't need any backstory flashbacks. Please? This'll probably be the last time I'm on the Shard for a couple of days.