3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

She said she wouldn’t mind something to eat and Price led them to the same room where she had eaten prior. He thought about what she told him of war, how she didn’t know what parts were true and what parts weren’t. The way she described it sounded rueful. Price didn’t know what he would lose pursuing his dream. He didn’t have much to lose.

“And yet, it is perhaps the most popular occupation in Tühine,” he finished and opened the doors to the eating room.

What had once been empty was now filled with soldiers, munching away at bread, apples and other easily-grown foods. The room was about half-filled, so there was still space to sit at a discarded table in privacy, or however much privacy you could get when you were stuck in a small room with dozens of hungry soldiers.

No one recognised him, just seeing him as yet another scribe. Averting his gaze he looked to the barrel of bread and gestured to Sagitta to get some if she wanted it. Price wasn’t hungry.

@Sorana

"Not only in Tühine."

Sagitta sighed and walked over to the barrel, grabbed some bread for the two of them. Sitting down she shoved half of it over to him. She looked over the soldiers noted their weapons their armor. The atmosphere reminded her of home and she relaxed slightly, despite the fact where she was still unarmed, had no armor of her own. Relaxing she started to eat some bread.

"It's easy to believe the stories about glory, about comrades in arms, about fighting for your country. It's even easier, when you see the burnt down villages, when you see the orphans and hear their stories."

"I can tell you the story of every scar of mine, and none of them is glorious. If there is glory on a battlefield, I never found it. I only found desperation and destruction. Fear and pain. Maybe we change the fate of some, maybe there is somewhere a mother still alive because of a fight we won. But the price? It is really worth the price?"

Chewing some bread she fell silent, considered her words.

"I suppose it is."

She added after a while, more silently.

"Every live is worth saving. But I can't help trying to find a better solution than killing elsewhere. The whole glory part, simply feels like a lie right now."

Maybe because they hadn't cared when she had been taken. Maybe because the first one to be nice in weeks was a Tühine spy intent to learn her secrets and then discard her. Maybe because she had seen so many friends die, that the phrase to carry on, when they were gone felt empty. Of course they carried on. Not for glory, only to survive. Tiredly she closed her eyes and ate another piece of bread. It didn't matter. She wouldn't return anyway. He wouldn't let her. And she realized, that she wouldn't try to convince him. Jumping from ladders. It was easy. Almost too easy. Easier than killing.

Somewhere, far away, a candle was blown out.

17 hours ago, BringerofShadows said:

How did Negation know Tion was dying and where to find the tent? Also, someone would’ve noticed, some people weren’t affected by the Dinosaurs. 

She's being followed by Truth atm (which I didn't realize at first), so he could've told her pretty easily. If Per's not okay with that, I can figure something else out.

As for someone noticing, I'm fine with someone running in and trying to fight us or something, if you want.

17 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Wait what? What is infinity going to be walking into!

Sensation made illusions of dinosaurs run around Entropy's camp :P

16 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sorana! Your roleplay right now is so great I'm dying.

18 hours ago, Sorana said:

Price nodded, looked at the half of bread she had given him. Even though he wasn’t hungry, he ate anyway.

“It’s just easy to believe in the glory of battle when one’s never been in it himself,” he said quietly and took a bite.

“All around we see signs encouraging people to register as part of the military, but what about those who are scribes, those who do not pick up a sword? Those who can’t?”

He shook his head slightly and looked around. The soldiers mainly left the two of them to themselves, but after a couple of minutes one of them from a table next to theirs turned and looked to them.

“What is a ledger man and a slave doing here?” He said in a playing way, and the soldier next to him smiled. “It sounds like the beginning of a bad joke.”

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“What is a ledger man and a slave doing here?” He said in a playing way, and the soldier next to him smiled. “It sounds like the beginning of a bad joke.”

Sagitta sighed again. Men. Everywhere the same. Slowly she swallowed, made sure, that they could see that she was taking her time, only then she turned. Looked at him. Raised an eyebrow.

"And you are?"

She asked calmly, her eyes darting over his body, noted the knife he kept in his belt. Right handed, light armor. She made sure to continue to turn until her upperbody faced his, moved her feet under the table to be able to get up, should they move. Actually the two of them had picked the perfect moment. She wouldn't mind a little brawl at all right now. She would loose, the others would most likely help them, but still. To polish one of their faces would be worth it.

She knew that her body was weak after the infected injury, after the bad food and the weeks spent without moving. There were a lot of things she should do and starting a fight with another soldier in a foreign country, definitely wasn't part of the wisest decisions she'd ever made. But who cared for wise decisions. Her lips twitched when she suppressed a smile. Let them come at her. She already knew where her first fists would land.

The General’s Camp. The Infirmary Tent. Late morning.

In a rush of sensations comparable to whiplash, Tion felt himself get yanked back from the brink of death. His insensate body was bombarded with a flood of stimuli: the haze of daylight, the symphony of nature’s noises, and the acrid taste of the smoke-tinged air assailed him and clamored for attention. Meanwhile, his limbs began to tingle, trembling in time to an unheard rhythm.

Then, as if some switch had been flipped off, it all stopped. The god’s eyes fluttered open, and he moved to rub them as he began to address the figure in his peripheral.

“Entropy, such barbarous torture is not only undignified-” He blinked, bringing the person into focus. “Ah, Negation! I knew you’d come.”

He peered at his body, for the first time taking stock of the transformation that had taken place. His ribcage, once mangled, seemed whole and solid again. His arms, he confirmed with some quick flexing and rotations, were back to being strong and well-defined, unblemished, save for the pale white scars that faintly marred his wrists. And his legs felt as fine as they ever had, showing no traces of the gashes he had ripped into them a few hours prior. Noticing something, he stared at his calves, mentally in a state between curiosity and confusion, trying to figure out the reason for the discrepancy between what he was seeing and what he felt from them. He looked at Negation, wondering if she had not yet finished, but the other god seemed content with the job they had done.

So, Tion moved past that conundrum and confidently got to his feet, making a show of marvelling at how Negation had healed him. “This is fantastic! Superb work, as always. I really can not thank you enough.”

He winced unintentionally, but smoothly leaned forward to give Negation a hug so his face would be hidden from her. With practiced precision, he used his Power on his lower body, making everything feel normal again, for the time being.

“I am concerned,” he continued, leaning back again to watch his rescuer’s expressions. “As I am sure that you have already surmised, I was the victim of an unprovoked assault and abduction perpetrated by Entropy. Why she would do such a thing is beyond me. I will leave the matter up to those smarter than I, such as yourself, to ponder. However, I do feel confident in guessing at her next steps. Or maybe her previous steps. Where’s Facet?”

He looked around, as if he expected to find the god standing in the tent beside them. “We need to locate the others, the weaker ones. There’s only el- ten of us, when one succumbs, it’s in our best interests to work together to contain the damage. That means getting Reality, Creativity, all of them accounted for and on board.”

By habit, he reached into his coat pocket to tap one of the items he kept there, but instead, his fingers bumped against an empty bottle there he had forgotten about until then.

“I can’t fathom what this ‘Augury’ is, or how it will affect us, but perhaps the best route to follow until we know more is to maintain some secrecy about this whole affair? Unfortunately, it appears that Entropy’s madness has extended to sharing the mysteries of the divine with her…” (he spit out the word with contempt), “army. After her act of cowardice, I heard her discuss quite openly matters of, shall we say, sensitive nature?”

He lowered his voice to an earnest whisper. “I know I can count on you to do the right thing, Negation. You’ve always been a dependable leader. We need to make a plan. We need to find the others. And we need to deal with our rouge god.”

Tion paused. His eyes became steely, looking down and scrutinizing Gati's with rarely seen resolve. His vocals dropped another octave, coming out as a near growl as he finished. 

“Entropy must be stopped. But first, God of Negation, you know what to do.”

Tion should've been fully healed, but then I also get the impression that this is something different, so I'm confused :P

I have a theory that he had a kid who was that girl from his flashback and considers her to be a goddess and so almost says there are eleven of them. Yes no maybe so? It would explain why he then went to tap his pebble (I think)?

RP in a sec

Entropy was awakened by Hamilton tapping her on the shoulder. “Yes, Lieutenant General?” She said in a groggy voice. “One of our nurses has reported…Fugitives in the tent with the threat.” “Scheisse!” The goddess swore. “Don’t let the know we know they’re here. I’ll deal with them. But have troops stealthily surround them as I distract. Make sense?” Hamilton nodded. “Now go.” 

Entropy approached the Infirmary Tent. She had her sheath on, but decided not to withdraw her bow. The Destroyer entered the tent, examining them. “Good Morning! I see I wasn’t invited,” She said in a sarcastic tone.

Did she just swear by the German word for snow? Or something similar?

Gati accepted the hug with a faint smile, wondering why he was overplaying it. Then again, this was Sensation; he was bound to be a little sensational once in a while. It was likely nothing...but he'd almost said eleven, Gati was sure. Had he guessed?

No one could have guessed that, Gati told herself firmly. I wouldn't have if not for witnessing it. "I don't know where they are for certain, but I assume those we left back at the meeting place are still there," she said finally. "Though I'm not sure what you mean by -" She cut off as Entropy strolled in. "Oh, hello, Victoria." Her tone darkened slightly. "Mind telling me what exactly you meant by attacking and kidnapping a fellow god?"

I believe it's German for... crem. Perhaps it would be best to avoid using actual swears here, regardless of their language of origin. 

Tion took a half step backwards, positioning Negation between most of himself and Entropy, wiggling his eyebrows at the General once he was sure Negation would not notice. Meanwhile, he gently reached out with his Power, trying to mentally inflame and encourage Victoria’s inclinations towards frustration and anger as subtly as he could. Her aura was already tinged red, he doubted she notice a little more rage in her life.

Except that last time she did. He stuck out his tongue for good measure. But- hello, what’s this?

Tion peered at his shoes, using the movement to steal a glance at the walls of the tent, and the auras congregating on the other side of them. He couldn't help but grin a little when he saw the soldiers moving stealthily into position around them. 

This should be fun.  

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:07 PM, Sorana said:

Sagitta sighed again. Men. Everywhere the same. Slowly she swallowed, made sure, that they could see that she was taking her time, only then she turned. Looked at him. Raised an eyebrow.

"And you are?"

"Koen Lüante," the soldier said, smiling back at Sagitta. He also turned so his body faced her, and it was obvious when his eyes glanced over her figure what he was thinking.

"Infantryman. And what's your name? Something exotic I hope. We don't see Ta'e'iloan woman here very often." He winked at her.

Price looked at him from behind Sagitta and he leaned forward very slightly.

"We just took you to the medic," he whispered, the implication clear. But he knew it probably wouldn't change her thoughts about anything. He could see her posture, like a coiled spring ready to strike. He sighed, and looked to the soldier. He looked at the light armour, the slim knife. A soldier used to easy and quick movement. And years researching instincts had taught Price things about magic users.

"But if you must," he whispered. "He's a reality Instinct."

14 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

"But if you must," he whispered. "He's a reality Instinct."

Sagitta inclined her head quickly, to show that she heard his words, that she understood. She knew that she could ignore their glances their implications, but she couldn't. The moment the man had implicated Price using her at night, he'd smeared dirt on Price's honor. They had a bargain, and until now Price had honored it. As had she. Suggesting that the situation was different - the man also also suggested that Tühinians didn't honor their guest right, but she doubted he thought that far. He was a soldier, thought with the brain between his legs, because it let you forget for a moment. The way Price reacted, indicated that most likely the whole matter was handled differently here, but she didn't care. Heavy infantry and honor. Two sides of one coin.

"Sagitta T'Sora."

She replied coldly.

"Well it's a shame you aren't brave enough to open your mouth unless your buddies are with you."

"But maybe you can apologize and settle this matter on your own."

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Sagitta T'Sora."

She replied coldly.

"Well it's a shame you aren't brave enough to open your mouth unless your buddies are with you."

"But maybe you can apologize and settle this matter on your own."

The soldier who was next to Koen chuckled and Koen looked to him, and then back at Sagitta.

"Maybe I can apologize in a different way, when my friends aren't around." He winked at her again and leaned forward.

"Whatever that ledger man is paying you, Sagitta," he said quietly so only she could hear. "I'll pay double."

Price grit his teeth and looked firmly at the bread in front of him, as if this whole situation was it's fault. He wanted nothing more to leave the situation right now, to go back to the underground hallways where he was in charge and no one could antagonize him, or try and allude him having slaves. They were always subjects, never slaves. At least with Price. Some other researchers did it differently.

He heard the man whisper to Sagitta and he put one hand on his loaf of bread, incinerated it in a brief storm of black fire until no trace of it was left. Some soldiers looked at the display of his Instinct, but Price ignored them. He wasn't hungry.

Edited by I think I am here.

37 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He heard the man whisper to Sagitta and he put one hand on his loaf of bread, incinerated it in a brief storm of black fire until no trace of it was left. Some soldiers looked at the display of his Instinct, but Price ignored them. He wasn't hungry.

Sagitta note Price incinerating the bread and filed the information away for later use. There was more to him than he let on at first glance. Slave, paying her. Something here didn't add up and she suspected that she was missing some facts, knew that she would have to talk to Price later. Maybe she was a slave, but didn't know it yet. The thought calmed her and she looked at the soldier again, he'd leaned towards her, it would be easy to throw him off balance now. Should she try to talk to him? Talk about honor, about hospitality, about everything.

Talk. Leave that to Price. She wasn't one to talk. And so she laughed. Tilted her head back and laughed wholeheartily.

"I decline thank you. Light infantry, good to stand around at gates. But honestly, survive your first battles and maybe start wearing some real armor, then we can talk again."

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

“I decline thank you. Light infantry, good to stand around at gates. But honestly, survive your first battles and maybe start wearing some real armor, then we can talk again."

Koen went slightly red and the soldier next to him chuckled again. Koen regained his composure however, and raised an eyebrow.

“Even as an infantryman,” he said quietly again. He nodded to Price. “I bet I’m at least better at everything than that ledger man. You want me to wear ‘real’ armour, but your about to go out with a skinny scholar who’s probably never seen a battlefield in his life.” He puffed out his chest. “Fine, I’ll pay triple what he’s paying. That enough, dear?”

Price watched them, watched the soldier nod to him and he frowned. It was a shame he wasn’t a Facet Instinct, he had no idea what they were talking about. Looking down he sketched something in his notes, to prevent further contact with soldiers on their travel.

33 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Even as an infantryman,” he said quietly again. He nodded to Price. “I bet I’m at least better at everything than that ledger man. You want me to wear ‘real’ armour, but your about to go out with a skinny scholar who’s probably never seen a battlefield in his life.” He puffed out his chest. “Fine, I’ll pay triple what he’s paying. That enough, dear?”

"I am surprised that your self esteem is so low, that you need to compare yourself with a scribe."

She replied loud enough for those around them to hear and deliberatly turned away from him again. A pity that he wasn't brave enough to use his muscles she'd have live to wipe the floor with him.

Careful that all would see it, she looked into his eyes a last time.

"Never had a woman without paying for her, either?"

Then she looked away, resumed eating, but continued to observe out of the corner of her eye.

"Do you want to leave?"

She asked Price quietly without letting down her guard.

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Then she looked away, resumed eating, but continued to observe out of the corner of her eye.

"Do you want to leave?"

She asked Price quietly without letting down her guard.

“Yes,” Price said without hesitation. He hoped that by the time he returned to this base the soldiers would have forgotten his face, because he knew they’d never forget Sagitta’s. A Ta’e’iloan woman was just so uncommon in Tühine. He stood up, ready to leave. She had responded to the soldier loud enough for him to hear. He was comparing himself with Price? Obviously no comparison, when it came to the Physical there wasn’t much in stock for Price.

“Our transport is probably waiting,” he said.

Koen went red again and he turned back to his table. “I swear by Reality’s hand...”

“Calm down, Lüante,” one of the soldiers said. “You know the Ta’e’iloan ones. Feisty. Hard to catch by even the best of us.”

“I guess...” And the conversation transitioned seamlessly into other things, the soldier giving one more spiteful glance to Sagitta before rejoining the conversation with his friends.

2 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Our transport is probably waiting,” he said.

Sagitta made sure to take the bread and stood up, walked towards the door of the room. She kept her spine straight, didn't show a sign of weakness, gave no hint how uncomfortable she was with the situation. Still she was glad when she was back outside, away from their eyes, from the whispers.

She waited for Price to follow, questions burning on her tongue but she pressed her lips together. Later. When they were alone. Slave. The word was like acid in her mouth. From prisoner to slave. Somehow she had managed to end up a slave. The slave of a scribe. No. Price would have told her. He'd offered food, treatment. She looked back into the room. He had been quiet, had let himself get insulted by a mere soldier. Tühine. She needed to talk to him. Ask her questions. Try to understand.

9 minutes ago, Sorana said:

She looked back into the room. He had been quiet, had let himself get insulted by a mere soldier. Tühine. She needed to talk to him. Ask her questions. Try to understand.

They exited the room and Price sighed in relief as he led her to a corner of the training field situated next to thick, bronze gates with the Tühine military sigil formed on them. The carriage they were going in had a large back section where all the passengers sat together on little stools, a maximum of eight could fit in it. The horse rider at the front was already there and Price assumed most people were already inside as well.

“Thankfully, not those types of soldiers on the trip,” he said and opened the back. In the section that could fit at maximum eight people now sat five. Two guards, one man dressed in formal clothes like Price, and a woman and a man dressed in very similar plain clothes to Sagitta.

“Take a seat,” he gestured.

Sagitta clenched her fists, then followed his order. She'd hoped to talk to him, to understand, but instead he'd walked briskly, headed to the carriage. Three prisoners, two guards. Price and his colleague.

She climbed inside, chose a seat at the side. Now that she sat her leg hurt, and she touched the bandage through the cloth of her pants. Not bleeding. But still it hurt. Silently she stared at her hands, glad that Price would be coming as well. Slave.

"How long is the journey?"

She asked mostly to fill the silence in the carriage.

On 8/9/2019 at 1:02 PM, AonEne said:

Gati accepted the hug with a faint smile, wondering why he was overplaying it. Then again, this was Sensation; he was bound to be a little sensational once in a while. It was likely nothing...but he'd almost said eleven, Gati was sure. Had he guessed?

No one could have guessed that, Gati told herself firmly. I wouldn't have if not for witnessing it. "I don't know where they are for certain, but I assume those we left back at the meeting place are still there," she said finally. "Though I'm not sure what you mean by -" She cut off as Entropy strolled in. "Oh, hello, Victoria." Her tone darkened slightly. "Mind telling me what exactly you meant by attacking and kidnapping a fellow god?"

“I believe he owed me an apology,” Her voice was calm, but you could feel the anger behind the calm demeanor.