"I know," Izzy said, then cursed herself. Creativity's eyes! Did that sound rude? "I mean, from my instinct." She shook his hand, blushing.

Does anyone else want to type semblance instead of instinct? No? Just me and my weird brain?

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

What do you mean by "needles with the chemical injected"? And it would have to be Creativity tattooing their own eyes, not someone else doing it, because they don't know how - but Creativity could have the know-how/skill to do it.

Hollowed out with it inside.

And yes, Creativity would do it to themself.

Would you mind posting a message in there? because I have way too many recent PMs thanks to SE.

EDIT: Ene does this post work?

Creativity entered the gathering.

They were in male form, with tattoos of skulls by their eyes. He had a long trench coat, leopard fur. It was open in the front, displaying his extremely muscular and tattooed chest.

And his kilt.

"Why am I here now?

What do you wish of me gods?

Will I be useful?"

His rainbow eyes flashed.

@AonEne

Edited by Ax's Boyfriend
Kilt

On 19/07/2019 at 2:09 PM, Sorana said:

She pushed up the leg of the wide trousers and removed the soaked bandage, took a look at the gash. It was bleeding, but it was better, not infected. Missing a clean bandage she rewrapped it again, pulled the cloth tight in order to staunch the bleeding. Only then did it occur to her, that she'd just barred her leg to a bunch of strangers. Blushing deeply she covered it again. Some things you did in camp with your brothers around, better stayed in camp. She cursed her head for hurting and not working properly. Strangers. Strangers, not brothers.

Price looked as Sagitta bared her leg to everyone in the room, blushed, and then covered it up again. He smiled and looked down, writing something else. Already injured, Testing can reopen wound — may not be fit for more intense tests.

“We can get you a doctor, you know,” Price said, standing up and closing his ledger. “Tühine medics are quite well regarded, even by the Cahayans.” He looked around and a small scribe came running through the door. He whispered a message into Price’s ear, and he beamed a smile. He waved out the door.

“No need for a break,” he said. “Subject is injured, that will effect test results. Test dismissed.” and with a grumble all of the scribes left outside of the door one by one, until it was just Price and Sagitta left.

“You’re being transferred to another base,” he said to her. “Apparently they have better testing regimes for Instincts of your type further south. More complex tests.”

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“You’re being transferred to another base,” he said to her. “Apparently they have better testing regimes for Instincts of your type further south. More complex tests.”

Sagitta looked up at him and froze.

"Another base?"

She repeated, tried to think about it, tried to grasp what it would mean for her. More complex tests.

"I... see."

She said slowly, when she understood. Easier to dispose her, when it didn't happen in the capital. Her eyes wandered to the ladder again. She wasn't experienced enough for more complex tests. She'd never trained her instinct. She needed to flee, to run away. Run, exactly. Run with that leg. She could be happy that she still had two legs.

"Seeing a doctor would be great."

Her words sounded hollow and she stood up, looked at anything, but at the man who had doomed her. He had seemed nice, had cared, but maybe it was all just a facade, a trick. He was sending her away after all. Even if he had cared, the chance that she would end up in the hands of another decent person was slim.

"When will I leave?"

1. I love how Price suggests a doctor as an afterthought. And then Sagitta is like, AHHH ANOTHER BASE?!?! I need to flee! ... Oh, sure, a doctor would be nice. 

2. Interestingly, Creativity would have the chance to change his tattoos pretty regularly, from his POV, given his godly healing factor. 

3. Are you still planning on shooting Tion, BoS? If so, I'd prefer if you do it soonish. There's only so much that I think to have him do in the woods before it begins to seem convoluted. :)

The Monastery of the Pebble. Nine years ago. Summer; early afternoon.  

“Perhaps she is hiding beneath this rock!” Tion mused loudly, dramatically shrugging his shoulders and pursing his lips comedically. With feigned effort, he flipped over a large stone that had been lying on the raked gravel that covered the ground. He was searching his way through an artistically arranged rock-garden courtyard, the central point of a ring of wooden lodges. In the heat of the afternoon, they offered some much-appreciated shade.

“I do not believe she could have hidden under there,” commented Oldolf, an impressively well muscled monk who was walking on his hands nearer to one of the huts, slowly waddling around in a figure-eight.

Tion flipped over another rock, gasping loudly when he found nothing under it. “I dunno. She might have dug a hole.”

That elicited a slew of soft giggles from behind the space’s central tree (which was, coincidentally, the only viable hiding spot within the pre-established boundaries for their hide-and-seek game). Tion pretended not to hear them.

“You are nearly out of rocks, Sensei Tion,” observed the monk.

“Gadzooks!” Tion exclaimed as he pushed aside a boulder. “So I am.”

He scratched his head expressively. Another peel of laughter from the tree’s direction graced his ears.

“Oh dear,” he said cheerfully. “Perhaps she’s over here!”

Walking overstatedly on his tip-toes, he ‘snuck’ towards the tree. As he neared its trunk, he peered upwards, into its sparse canopy.

“She’s not up here,” he declared, then peered down at the plant’s roots. “Nor down here. Hmmm!

Moving quickly, he lunged over to the opposite side of the tree. “Ah-ha!” he cried.

But his quarry was not there. “Wait, what?” the god of Sensation blurted out, rounding the tree again as he tried to figure out where she had gone.

“My apologies, Sensei,” Oldolf called over. “The young lady asked me to assist her with my ventriloquism skills. You underestimate the woman.”

The hairs on the back of Tion’s neck suddenly perked up. He spun to look over his shoulder as, having just leapt off the roof of a nearby hut, the small body of a girl passed in front of the sun as she flew directly at him, casting a rapidly expanding shadow over his body.

“FOOOOOUND YOUUUU!” she screamed, smashing into his chest forcefully, bowling him over.

Oldolf began walking towards them in his handstand. “You appear to have lost, Sensei,” he noted dryly.

The woods near to the open-secret meeting place. Modern day. Sometime after midnight.

Tion felt his way through the forest, naturally navigating towards the areas where the moonlight slipped through the canopy in faint white beams. In his arms he carried a stack of large sticks which he had collected. As he passed through an especially well-lit spot, he looked at his load, trying to gauge how much more he could carry.

A few more should do it, he decided. He could have altered his perception of the night to let him see better, but there was something alluringly tranquil about the landscape around him when it was lit like this that made him want to savour it as it was.

Snap. His left foot crushed a dead branch underfoot, breaking it in two. He bent over to pick it up, a serene smile on his face.

Time to head back. Tion straightened up, taking one last glance at the beautiful nightscape around him while his back was still to the fire. He watched a pair of fireflies as they flitted playfully about through the trees, ignoring his aching hand and the tingling feeling that slowly began around the top of his spine, raising the hairs around that area.

The God of Sensation just wanted to drink in the view. He was pretty sure enjoying that sort of thing was in his job description anyway.

Mmmm. Yeah, I have an excuse.  

One of the sticks poked against his chest, pressing the small, grey pebble he had nestled in his breast pocket into his ribs. That made him smile even wider. 

The General watched from her tree, waiting for the perfect moment. He stopped to look at the view, and she didn’t hesitate to shoot him in the shoulder. She didn’t want to kill him, just…incapacitate Tion if that was possible. 

Edited by Inklingspren

31 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

An arrow hit him in the shoulder. 

Could I please get some more detail about this event? I don't mind if that means delaying the post, but I would like some more information than that to work with.

EDIT: Thank you!

Edited by Archer

1 hour ago, Archer said:

One of the sticks poked against his chest, pressing the small, grey pebble he had nestled in his breast pocket into his ribs. That made him smile even wider. 

What have you done to me with this flashback... 

10 minutes ago, AonEne said:

What have you done to me with this flashback... 

Oh. Sorry if I did something bad. 

Tion heard a sharp twang break the near silence of the night. He lips parted to let out a soft ‘oh’ of surprise, but it turned into a grunt as the barbed point of the arrow burrowed into his flesh.

“Ohhh oh ohhhhh!” he groaned. The blow pushed him downwards. His stack of sticks fell haphazardly into the bushes, forgotten to the searing pain that had erupted around his right shoulder blade. Blood gushed from the entry wound, splattering on the bushes below as he spun uselessly to try to look at it with his red tinged vision. Ever movement was agonizing. He heard his heart pumping in his ears, beating faster in faster, sending pools of red dripping outwards, out and out and out. Above it all, searing pain.

It was glorious.

Falling to his knees, he threw his head back and screamed. “EN-TRO-PY!”

For a moment, he wondered if she could hurt the others, but he discarded that notion. She was using a bow. That was a human weapon.

“And human weapons… are stupid,” he mumbled deliriously, the pain close to overwhelming him. He used his Power to amplify it. Negation was close enough, no one would die this night.  

But he still wanted to see what death felt like. He watched the fireflies fly in circles in the sky in front of him, spinning faster and faster, or maybe those were the stars. Whatever they were, they were getting brighter. He smiled at the light and embraced it, falling unconscious to the ground.

Entropy hopped down from the tree. “Well, a human weapon just incapacitated you,” She approached him, taking out the arrow and cleaning the blood off. With that out of the way, the General proceeded to tie him up and drag him back to her clearing. It seemed that nobody had heard him, so she put Tion on the back of her horse. The blood trail would be a dead give away, but she didn’t really care. She smothered her campfire, not letting her bow out of sight. 

Edited by Inklingspren

Yes, Archer, you did a bad thing. You wrote something adorable and now I’m scared that girl, whoever she is, is dead. :wacko:

Are we saying that nobody heard him scream “Entropy!” really loudly? 

Victoria started to get worried. What if they did hear? She made sure the embers were out, picked up her bow and looked around. She then hopped on Draco, making sure Tion was secure and out. He was, so the General set off into the night. 

Edited by Inklingspren