1 hour ago, Sorana said:

So I'm praying to your character. That's cool!

Yeah, and I’m praying to BoS’ :)

She walked past him and the two hour countdown began. Leaving that hall through another locked door (this one led into the rest  of the base, and such was guarded against test subjects trying to escape), Price made his way to the central testing chambers. These corridors and underground cavernous chambers were his home, and he knew the underground layout of this fscikuty like the back of his hand. In a way, it was his exile, his escape from the surface, where he had to be reminded of his failure with every soldier that walked by.

He entered midway through a currently ongoing test, and sat to observe it. The head researcher for this test was a blonde man named Käsed, a probability Instinct, and a strong one too. His parents had both been Instincts of the same type, and he’d always told Price the same story about it, that his mother had increased the chance of him being a Probability Instinct and his father had increased the chance of him being a strong one. The result: one of the strongest Instincts in the base.

He was a good researcher, and he nodded his respects to Price as he entered. The current testing subject was another fellow Tühinine. He stood in front of a box with an open padlock attached to it. A man — coming from the side of the room — walked up to the padlock and pressed it to be locked, then moved back to the side of the room.

“Begin,” Käsed said. The test subject immediately leaned forward, looking at the lock intensely, his hands positioned around but not touching it. Beads of sweat began forming at his head and Price frowned.

“Infinite Instinct Testing,” Käsed said, whispering to Price. “We’re trying to see if it can reverse time — well, it can, if confined to a certain small area, like a padlock.”

“You’re trying to see if he can reverse time for the padlock to back when it was open?” In the background, the testing subject strained. Slowly, however, the padlock began moving, as it’s time reversed slowly. The test subject, however, looked like he was running a marathon with all the sweat, and his eyes looked ready to pop out.

Käsed nodded. “It’s... difficult though.”

“What if you increased the probability he’ll succeed?”

Käsed smiled, and Price could tell he was activating his Instinct. Not a couple minutes later, and Price could see the padlock pop open, time locally reversed to a state where the padlock had not yet been locked. The test subject was too tired to whoop, but he smiled nonetheless.

“Wait til we get to moving time forwards, not back,” he said and Price nodded, leaving the room.

“I’ll look forward to it.”

12 hours ago, AonEne said:

[1.] Archer, I love this post so much I could cry, but I do have to say that Negation doesn't reverse time - just the action(s) that took place during that time. The same amount of time will still have passed. It's also not a world-wide thing unless they specifically want it to be (and if there was hypothetically someone with the instinct, they wouldn't have nearly enough power to do the whole world).

[2.] Tion is altering their sense of eyesight, correct? Because otherwise I'm not sure how he's doing this.

1. Thanks! That's good to know. That would prevent some of the more world-endingy implications of the power, if any mortals do in fact have it. Conveniently, Tion and I's understanding of Negation's powers are at about the same level, so I'll just keep any spitball worldbuilding like that to circumstances like storytelling where it's excusable if the characters (and I ;)) don't get everything exactly right. 

2. If you like, I can change my head cannon to be that he subconsciously altered everyone's perception of the light that bounced off of him (on a case by case basis, to avoid making him too OP). However, when I wrote it, I was basing that power of his off of this post of yours:

On 7/4/2019 at 10:33 PM, AonEne said:

[In response to BoS asking 'Okay. Can they appear as normal people?'] 

That's all they can appear as, besides invisibility.

...but if I misinterpreted or if you want to retract that, that's cool.

3 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

I’m waiting for Archer, John, or Dapper to respond to Entropy leaving.

That's my cue!

The soon-to-be even less secret meeting place of the gods. Nighttime. 

“Coward,” Tion griped, his angry voice rising to shout at Entropy as she stalked off. “Yeah, walk away from your problems! That worked so well last time. Go hide with your mortals, you’re a good match for each other! Always disappointing.”

He slammed his fist into his palm, which made a louder bang than he had expected. The surprising noise seemed to re-ground him. He quickly regained his composure, forcing his lips into a compelling smile.

The god refocussed on the others in the glade, starting into a humorous story about the time his sailboat had been stolen by a cat burglar. He was just telling Truth how he reckoned “it was a feline-y offence,” when he happened to catch sight of some movement in the treeline over their shoulder.

“They’re here,” he declared, surprised. Abandoning his anecdote, he withdrew a small vial of blue liquid from one of his trench coat’s pockets and downed it in one gulp. The hand pouring the drink shook as it did so, but he glared at it until it steadied. No one else could have noticed, but the moment he placed it into his pocket again to re-store the bottle, it began to tremble again, just slightly. He left it there, out of sight, but still on the nervous forefront of his mind.

Rotten Reality! I'm not ready yet. 

Edited by Archer

Entropy stalked back. Stupid Tion. He doesn’t know what he’s messing with. Victoria went back to the clearing with their horses. She didn’t see the three other men. “Hello?” The three men appeared behind her. “You didn’t tell us you were one of them.”  Deryck, was his name? “Yeah, I don’t normally flaunt around saying I’m an immortal being that could destroy everything without much effort.” Gen. Victoria felt a sharp point against her back. “But we came her to destroy them.” Victoria sighed, and the sword snapped in half along with the solider’s ribs. They screamed, so she broke their necks. She watched them slowly stop breathing, then die. She set the guards horses free, feeding her own and using some of their weapons and provisions. Victoria then waited. Patience was a virtue after all. 

15 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

*Raises hand*

I'll PM you!

3 hours ago, Archer said:

I was basing that power of his off of this post of yours:

On 7/4/2019 at 8:33 PM, AonEne said:

That's all they can appear as, besides invisibility.

...but if I misinterpreted or if you want to retract that, that's cool.

I definitely didn't forget I wrote that. Nope. Nothing happened here. Ignore meeeee. :ph34r:

RIP Victoria's soldiers...

Oh, and by the way, the gods heal faster than mortals. Like, if it would heal in a week, it heals in three days for them. Or if it would heal in five months, it heals in one. (Not that that's what's happening below - Negation's just making it so John was never shot.)

Izzy was freaking out.

When her instinct had whispered to her that she was going to meet Negation, God of Gods, she'd thought there was something wrong with her ability. Well, she'd told herself that, though deep down she knew it had never been wrong before. And then it had been right, and Negation had been normal - he (or she, though Izzy hadn't seen them be female yet) made jokes and didn't have a super old or formal accent and feared messing up. Slowly, she'd grown used to his presence.

And then they'd arrived at this glade in the midst of the forest, farther than she'd ever traveled before, and according to her instinct there were even more gods there. Gati had told her they were going to meet someone, but he hadn't given her details! She gave him an accusing look that she desperately hoped wasn't scared as he stepped forward.

"Hello, everyone," Gati said amiably, then froze, looking around. "What happened? I'm late to a meeting one time and everyone goes and gets shot!" Grumbling, he moved over to one of the others - Facet, Izzy thought - and pointed a finger at the arrow in his shoulder. It vanished, as did any evidence of a wound.

I can still remember that it was there, though. Did he leave it in our memories on purpose? Izzy had been with Gati long enough to learn a little about his power, but not nearly as much as she wanted. Annoyingly, her instinct hadn't helped her in that regard.

Izzy’s presence made Tion squirm.

If you’re going to bring strangers into our midst, he thought spitefully, at least choose worthy ones. That girl’s never even seen combat before, much less fought anyone.

He shook the vial in his pocket, confirming that it was still empty. His previous encounters with Negation had taught him that if they used their powers to target him specifically, there was never any trace unless they wanted there to be.

But if they do a wide-scale reversal, maybe they’ll mess up for once? There was a chance that Negation might accidentally refill his bottle if she bungled a reset, albeit a small one. That was the only test that Tion could think of to see if he was being manipulated. Of course, if it did not work, he would never know.

Still, it gave him comfort to have a strategy in place, even if it relied on luck. For the second time that night, he eyed Probability thoughtfully, before shooting a grin in the newcomers’ direction.

“Negation!” he greeted them warmly. “This is an honour! I trust that you are well.”

He dipped his head respectfully, winking at Izzy as he did so. “Salutations to your companion as well. I look forward to seeing what talents or insight they possess that inspired you to invite them to our humble gathering.”

He nodded at her politely, his pleasant expression betraying none of the loathing he felt at her being among them. Rather, he produced a small flask of water from one of his many pockets and offered it to her comfortingly, praying that he had read Negation’s body language towards her correctly and that this girl was in fact a valued guest and not a prisoner or servant.

No, no, no, came a sudden thought. Should have offered it to Neggie first. Fortunately, he managed to keep his agreeable persona going, even while inwardly, he was screaming. 

He tapped his vial with his free hand, thankful to find that it still contained just air, for he time being at least.  

"Thank you...sir?" Izzy said cautiously. What if deities drink different stuff from the rest of us? What if it kills me? Or worse, what if it's normal water, but he poisoned it or something? "But, er, I'm good."

Next to her, she got the impression that Gati was holding in laughter, but only for a second. Then he said smoothly, "This is Izzy Rahasia. Her Truth instinct is...unusually strong, and she's been hearing parts of the Augury; I believe she's involved in it as much as we are."

What did Tion even drink? Does it even matter, or was it just to try and see if Negation reverses things?

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

"Thank you...sir?" Izzy said cautiously. What if deities drink different stuff from the rest of us? What if it kills me? Or worse, what if it's normal water, but he poisoned it or something? "But, er, I'm good."

Next to her, she got the impression that Gati was holding in laughter, but only for a second. Then he said smoothly, "This is Izzy Rahasia. Her Truth instinct is...unusually strong, and she's been hearing parts of the Augury; I believe she's involved in it as much as we are."

Hey Ene, can you PM me Izzy's Character Sheet?

"It has been sometime Gati. I'm glad you were able to come to the meeting, although things have gone a bit off track. "Truth turned to the girl. "Ah, Izzy. It's always interesting to speak to someone with my instinct, but hearing the Augury? Truly, you are a step above my other children."

Once I write it, absolutely :P

"Of course, Truth," Gati said, nodding. "And the same to you. We really do need to speak about this."

He watched, biting back amusement, as Izzy got a panicked-rabbit look in her eyes again. "Oh! Hello! Your instinct. You're Truth. Okay. Thank you!" She was clearly trying to regain the calm she'd showed when first meeting Negation, and failing.

The drink was partly meant as an experiment, partly meant to help him make a good impression. It was mouthwash, but no one ever told him that you're supposed to spit it out. 

Tion shrugged, taking his flask back.

She’s a weak feeemale! Her face is PALE! sang the stupid voice in his head that acted up whenever he was especially stressed. He was pretty sure that it was a corrupted form of his conscience that he had ignored for too long, forcing his subconscious to take extreme (lyrical) measures in order to get him to pay attention to it. 

He blinked, realizing that he had zoned out momentarily. His hand was still outstretched, holding the container of water awkwardly in the air. Thankfully, Truth had said something to draw the other’s attention.

Tion nodded mindlessly, jumping in when he felt he had an opening.

“Well said, ma'am,” he said quickly once Izzy had said her piece. “Now, if you would be so inclined, Negation, I believe some information about the Augury would be much appreciated by all of us. Perhaps you could tell us about how we could best move forward to address the ongoing situation as well?”

He realized that he still had the flask in his hand, so he uncorked it and took a long sip to wet his parched mouth. His lips had suddenly became as dry as paper.

Very interesting that you say who instead of what :ph34r: *insert more ninja emojis than the Shard is capable of processing here*

"I've been assuming there was a catalyst, even if that was simply the world hitting a certain point in time, but we can't really be sure," Gati admitted.

Truth closed his eyes and recited the first verse.

"Powers you shall lose yet retain 
Powers to get that you might be fain
Powers upon you, these powers reviled
Powers to prove you naught but a child"

He opened his eyes and was silent for a moment. "I doubt it was something natural, the way it's phrased makes it sound like someone speaking down to others, almost like a punishment for something. And does it refer to the humans who use our power?" He nodded towards Izzy, "Or us?" He gestured to all of the gathered gods.

Edited by Emperor Stick

I would very much like it if Creativity only spoke in song. Tion would not, but who cares what he thinks. ;)

Tion was feeling outsmarted. To conceal his woeful ignorance, he tapped his pursed lips with his index finger and made the occasional hmm sound to make it appear as if he was deep in thought.

"Powers you shall lose yet retain,” Truth was saying.

“I have been noticing some hiccups with my Power recently. Hmmm.”

“Powers to get that you might be fain…”

“Hmm.”

“Powers upon you, these powers reviled…”

“HMMM.”

“Powers to prove you naught but a child."

“Heh,” he whispered to himself. “We’ll probably all get Creativity’s Power or something. Talk about useless.”

He looked around the glade. I wonder where that god is, anyway. Probably putting on another bad rendition of The Great Beast’s Brother or something.

Edited by Archer

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

“I have been noticing some hiccups with my Power recently. Hmmm.”

"I have as well. Well, not as much a hiccup as it not working. I don't know what's going to happen. I still know most everything, but where I would normally know, there's nothing. Empty space, it's... disturbing being unaware."

8 minutes ago, Archer said:

“Heh,” he whispered to himself. “We’ll probably all get Creativity’s Power or something. Talk about useless.”

Truth rolled his eyes. "Now then, that's not fair. Creativity has his... occasional uses."

Sagitta sat in her room. Nothing happened. They were late. Maybe, maybe not. She still had no way to measure the time. Tiredly she lay down, covered herself with a blanket. They would arrive, and until then she could rest. Now that she had a moment to calm down, she realized how tired she really was and the blanket was warm, the bed hard, but still more comfortable than the ground. Closing her eyes she fell asleep.

@I think I am here.

Fell free to wake her up, when you have finished your other scenes. It felt logical.

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sagitta sat in her room. Nothing happened. They were late. Maybe, maybe not. She still had no way to measure the time. Tiredly she lay down, covered herself with a blanket. They would arrive, and until then she could rest. Now that she had a moment to calm down, she realized how tired she really was and the blanket was warm, the bed hard, but still more comfortable than the ground. Closing her eyes she fell asleep.

Sometime later there was a knock on the door and a couple men entered, using a copy of the key Shana had. One of the men was Price, who stood within the doorframe. And one of the men was a guard, unarmoured but carrying a sword. He was there in case Sagitta tried to run, as she’d obviously outmatch Price if it came to physical competition.

He noted she looked much better than she had when they’d first interacted. The dirt had seemed to wash off, and now Price could better see the Ta’e’iloan features on her face. “Wake up,” he said, looking at his ledger. A little early.

“Testing time.”