Characters have had and will continue to have the instinct, but the god or goddess is up for grabs.

Edited by AonEne
Yeeeeee I recruited youuuuuu

Gen. Victoria smiled. This is too easy, just need to beat them there. She summoned her second in command, Lieutenant General Hamilton. He was 6’ 4”, with brown hair and a strong build.  Victoria personally trained in her tactics and weapons. “Lt. Gen. Hamilton reporting.” He saluted, and she nodded. “Hey, I had some important business pop up, and I need you to take over for a few days.” “Yes madam. May I inquire?” “An opportunity has arisen concerning the Threats, Lt. Gen.” She spoke to the guard outside, “Private Pole, can you get my horse ready and summon my strike team, please?” He nodded and left. Victoria returned her attention back to Hamilton. “Can you handle that? Makes sure you tell the rest of the army the truth. I don’t want absurd rumors.” Hamilton saluted. “Yes Ma’am!” And he was excused. 

A couple minutes later, Private Poles came back with her horse, Draco. He was a beautiful black, which helped him blend in. “Thank you, you are now excused.” The private saluted and left. She grabbed her bow and arrows, along with a cloak, food, water, more arrows, cellphone, and two extra sets of clothes. These were tied onto her saddle. 4 buff men also appeared on horses, carrying similar provisions. “Let us go.” And they set off into the night.

Broadway/RP crossover opportunity:

"Lt. Gen. Hamilton?! Why are you running around, joyfully flailing your arms?"

"I'M A GENERAL. WEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The High Path. West of the Border. Afternoon.

“The lost city of Thalinore?”

“Heard it.”

“The Great Beast’s Brother?”

“Saw that one in a play just last month.”

“How about Negation’s Curse?”

Tion stopped mid-stride, his boots kicking up a tiny cloud of dust from the well-used trail.

“Now that,” he murmured, “is a story I haven’t heard in a long time.”

His travelling companion, a short, elderly man with a flowing beard, grinning toothlessly.

“An enlightened choice,” he said, his rich voice giving his words a subtle rhythm as he talked. “Not many wish to dwell on that tale.”

Tion jogged forward a few steps to catch up with the man, then matched his stride as they continued forward. “Let’s just say I take a professional interest in it.”

His companion hmmed at that. “Perhaps. If you are so educated, perhaps you already know where this story starts. With the Old Gods, in the heavens, at-”

“The beginning of time?”

“Or thereabouts.” He stroked the tip of his beard thoughtfully. “Back when the Ten first took notice of man. The deities gathered to discuss the curiosity, gazing at our planet from above like gamemasters examining a Skidboard.”

“At first it was chaos,” Tion added. “Each wanted to remake the realm in their own image. Truth demanded an innovative world of candor and free communication. Probability wanted a chaotic realm of chance and glorious uncertainty. Arguments broke out. Threats were made. Everyone went for the jugular, save Negation, who just sat on the sidelines, bidding their time.”

The god of Sensation trailed off, staring at something indistinct in the distance. The old man furrowed his brow at his unexpected interruption, but he smoothly picked up the story where it had been left off. “Yes, that is one interpretation. I believe in that version, the God Negation talked them all down. Quite persuasive, that one. If they ever get tired of godhood, they might find politics suits them nicely.”

He paused to laugh at his own joke, but promptly picked it up again when he saw that Tion did not. “At Negation’s suggestion, it was agreed that the souls that walked the world below would be shared. Each of them could claim a tenth, ten percent of the population to take under their influence.”

“Doesn’t explain the Suitability Conundrum,” Tion interjected softly. “Random selection explains the even distribution, but not why most powers pair well with their recipients.”

That prompted another hmm. “You prefer Dominance Theory? I have always thought that one unlikely. If we have within us a portion blessing from all of the gods, then develop instincts based on the share we lean most strongly towards, why do they never change? I am not the man I was at twenty, and yet, I remain a practitioner of Sensation.”

Tion did not have an answer to that. The two of them continued their journey in silence for a few minutes. After about a kilometer, the storyteller decided to carry on.

“Whatever the reason,” he said, “near the Beginning, a tenth of Hopearaa’s populace was gifted with Negation’s trait. At will, they could undo events. Like Infinity, but more refined, more useful. The most powerful of the powers, or it would have been, if their skillset had not been incomplete.”

“They didn’t know.”

The man nodded enthusiastically. “Right! Instincts are but a diluted form of the powers they are patterned after. If they were complete, we’d be living in a world of gods. So, we get a taste of the magic, nothing more. In Negators’ cases, they didn’t know when they had used their powers! Imagine, a girl with the power is standing in a field, minding her own business, when suddenly, a snake leaps out of the grass and bites her. Instinctively, she reverses time to before the attack. Instantly, all of space goes back in time by, say, two seconds.”

He gestured at the land beneath their feet. “Once again, she is standing in a field, unharmed. But here’s the thing: she does not remember the threat, nor that she used her power. And the snake is poised to strike again. It leaps at her! She screams, uses her instinct, and…”

“The cycle repeats itself.”

“Exactly! They would lock the planet in a loop. The same sequence would repeat, everyone in the world starting to move, only to be blasted back to where they were after just a step, again and again and again. A perfect deadlock, and no one even knew it was happening.”

Tion frowned, knowing where this was headed. He decided to ask the inevitable question that the story begged anyways. “So, how did they get out? Shouldn’t the first one to freeze the world have doomed us all? How are we here, moving, today?”

The man let out a light sigh, then shrugged his shoulders. “It is unknown. Perhaps the God Negation intervened somehow? Or maybe the Negators ran out of power? Or, it is possible that the problem persisted. We could trapped in a loop at this very moment, ignorant of our predicament, and woefully unable to escape it.”

He smiled. The man liked seeing people’s reactions when he ended the story like that. Unfortunately for him, Tion had given this prospect some considerable thought, and was concentrating too deeply to fall prey to any sensationalism.

“You’re wrong,” Tion said softly, turning to look at the man. “It is escapable. Having the same thoughts, being in the same circumstances, moving in the same ways, none of those mean that every time you repeat a sliver of time, you will do the same thing.”

“Destiny is inevitable.” The man was stroking his beard with both hands now, but still grinning.

“So? What if you trained yourself to act randomly? Not all the time, but every once and a while. The first few times you were stuck in the loop, you would repeat the same choreography. But eventually you’d do something completely random and new, allowing you to alter the equation.”

The man shook his head dismissively at that. “You forget that even if you could change your sequence, the Negator at the center of it all would be unaffected. You have neither the time nor the knowledge to get to and stop her.”

“I don’t need to. Change one thing, change everything. My actions affect those of the people close to me, which affect their neighbours, and so on. The butterfly effect kicks in, altering everyone’s sequence. With luck, the girl’s does too.”

The man nodded sagely at that logic. “That sounds like an excuse to act out.” Tion laughed at that.

“You’ve got me there, Emaldson,” he said, slapping the other man’s back. “If I could make a living out of acting randomly, would. But alas, I can’t, so I’m stuck making trips with you. Sweet Sensation, I’m going to miss these.”

The elderly man nodded his agreement. Tion’s comments confused him sometimes, but he knew better than to pry. He was just happy that his travelling companion had not asked him where the Negators had gone after their flaws had been revealed, for that was a question he had no good answer to. Some things were better left unpondered.

Three hours later, the two of them parted ways. Emaldson took the main road north towards his hometown; Tion took a lesser known track east in the direction of the Earn'Lamath Forest. After another three hours, around sunset, he arrived. As the daylight faded, he slipped in among the trees, his footsteps sure as he slunk like a wraith towards a concealed glade known only to him and nine others. Within in fifteen minutes he would arrive, prepared to participate in what might be the most important meeting of the millennium.

Appearance: Ghaln is a proud old man, never slouches, looks people straight in the eye. He’s about 6’3, has a white beard and hair, grey fading out of it. Few wrinkles, but still enough that you can tell he’s an old man.

Instinct: Intensity

Family: Forgotten.

Nationality: Hopearaa

Backstory: Forgotten

Personality: Stubborn and proud, but at the same time, kind and giving. Like a kind ruler. He has an air of Intensity about him (see what I did there?).

Whether you want to be a hero, villain, or neutral, which will affect which lines of the prophecy and which plot points involve you: Hero

@AonEne

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

John made his way through the paths of the world, coming across the river. Getting into a boat he had left there eons before that had somehow survived, he made his way to the forest. A day later, he walked into a quiet glade, empty. He waited, watching Tion, the Sensation god in his mind as he walked the trail.

As he stepped in the glade, John stood up from the tree he had been leaning against.

"Tion."

@Archer

7 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Price frowned. Captured by the nomads?

“You are in Renaji, the great capital city of Tühine.”

He looked over the woman. The Research And Development at this base, he ranked somewhat high. If he wanted to he could bring her in, give her food and water and no one would question it.

“I’d be willing to trade,” he said, turning to look back at the base. “Food and water in exchange for answers.”

Tühine. Sagitta followed his glance to the base and frowned. Tühine. She had heard of Tühine, her parents had traded with Tühine.

"Alright."

She agreed. There was no other choice. Maybe he could help her. And for now she needed food.

Luna tossed her phone back into her bag, disgusted. Didn't Truth know she was busy. She sighed and spurred her stolen horse into action, galloping down the muddy road. 

~Some time later~

Luna dismounted from what she was beginning to consider her horse and stepped into clearing. "If Truth doesn't show up within the hour, I will be leaving."

Also, my character has a serious sphere of influence, so she is recognizable almost everywhere she goes. So… Take note. 

Oof. 

Victoria heard voices. She held up her fist, and she heard her men stop. They left their horses in a clearing, as they made too much noise. Gen. Victoria drew her bow, while her men quietly unsheathed their swords. She motioned them to move forward. 

Edited by Inklingspren
Can’t spell stuff when I’m tired.

"Stole a lot of stuff- mostly from the armies- to pay my gambling debts. Broke out of... three or four prisons in the past two months. They were unsuitable for human habitation. I also killed a few people. I can give you their names, if you'd like?"

Edited by Dr. Dapper

3 minutes ago, John Flamesinger said:

"Even if it's a sinking ship," John said quietly, "Doesn't mean we give up on them and join them."

"I flipped a coin. You keep your noble intentions. I'l just..." Luna trailed off as a snap sounded from the brush. "Could you check that out?" she asked John quietly.