The Newcago Court

Quiver

Heck yeah! Ponies are awesome!

And I'm serious about that. I mean... that video, obviously, exagerates things a little bit (or...er... a lot...) but even in canon? The charaters perform some fairly outrageous feats when you think about it.

See: Sonic Rainboom.

Heck yeah! Ponies are awesome!

And I'm serious about that. I mean... that video, obviously, exagerates things a little bit (or...er... a lot...) but even in canon? The charaters perform some fairly outrageous feats when you think about it.

What's Sonic Rainboom?

Ugh. No. Just no. That rainbow blast is going to give me migraines. 

Exaggeration? Exaggeration? My view on MLP was inadvertently shifted after than Pinkie Spirit Bomb. (That... That... Monster isn't sufficient)

A sonic boom is produced when someone travels fast enough to break the sound barrier.

A sonic rainboom occurs when said pegasus travels fast enough to break the sound barrier... then accelerates to the point where they break the visual spectrum, creating a rainbow behind them. 

Bear in mind said character did a sonic rainboom when they were a child, and they've only been getting faster. It takes effort to reach acceleration, true, but she's getting to the point where she can make one happen on-demand. That is scary awesome.

And Panda... I am so tempted to send you the links to some other media that might shift your perception on the franchise. For a show about candy-colored horses, some of the fans really get DARK with it.

Like their explanation of what rainbows are made of. *shudder*

Edited by Quiver

A sonic boom is produced when someone travels fast enough to break the sound barrier.

A sonic rainboom occurs when said pegasus travels fast enough to break the sound barrier... then accelerates to the point where they break the visual spectrum, creating a rainbow behind them.

Bear in mind said character did a sonic rainboom when they were a child, and they've only been getting faster. It takes effort to reach acceleration, true, but she's getting to the point where she can make one happen on-demand. That is scary awesome.

And Panda... I am so tempted to send you the links to some other media that might shift your perception on the franchise. For a show about candy-colored horses, some of the fans really get DARK with it.

Like their explanation of what rainbows are made of. *shudder*

is it only Pegasus that can do the sonic rainboom?

Twilight Sparkle disagrees.

You're right, of course; it shouldn't work. The extrapolation that Rainboom=FTL is kind of over exaggerated game guessing type stuff... But then, MLP is full of stuff that, at some point, you simply have to chalk up to cartoon physics, like Pinkie Sense. It makes comparing it to an actual hard physics universe,like the cosmere, impossible.

Doesn't mean I won't continue to exaggerate to dupe the dominance of ponies though.

Also: there is a Vin Pony.

Edited by Quiver

Twilight Sparkle disagrees.

You're right, of course; it shouldn't work. The extrapolation that Rainboom=FTL is kind of over exaggerated game guessing type stuff... But then, MLP is full of stuff that, at some point, you simply have to chalk up to cartoon physics, like Pinkie Sense. It makes comparing it to an actual hard physics universe,like the cosmere, impossible.

Doesn't mean I won't continue to exaggerate to dupe the dominance of ponies though.

Also: there is a Vin Pony.

What's a vin pony?