The Newcago Court

Quiver

Oh, very. If thou insists, we can settle for her being queen of the seventeenth forum instead.

Qualify your titles.

I find your lack of respect for boundaries disturbing.

If you said, Queen of the Seventeenth Ice Mountains or Icelands then it would have been more acceptable.

Here take a Chwaffle. It was made with you in mind.

The seventeen lands of Everwinter?

Much better. Good work!

And I noticed something.

Did you just apply a soulstamp to yourself? You're gender is now female!

Does this mean I cannot call you Knave...but Vixen?

EDIT: Looks like your Gender is back to Male. The stamp didn't take.

Edited by Quitecontrary

Of course not!

The souls are quite alive.

...is what I would say were there any truth to these foul rumours. Which there is not. Of course. I mean, me making a Queen with which to supplant Elsa and rule Newcago? How absurd. You crazy.

Edited by Quiver

Queen Elsa is no hemalurgic Frankenstein!

Yet. Though I may employ forgery instead.

Besides, I recall it's thy monstress who bewitches herself with a glamour to conceal the spikes within her eyes. Thy have a old sense of proprietary, Mialliw!

Edited by Quiver

Mialliw? Who could that be? Quiver, I believe you're getting old. You're talking to people who don't even exist. :P

Our lady Feather does so to keep people from being afraid at first sight. We didn't give her the spikes, the Admins did.

Queen Elsa is no hemalurgic Frankenstein!

Yet. Though I may employ forgery instead.

Besides, I recall it's thy monstress who bewitches herself with a glamour to conceal the spikes within her eyes. Thy have a old sense of proprietary, Mialliw!

Psst. "Thou hast" an old sense of proprietary. "Thy" is in the possessive case.  :ph34r:

That will be all. Go back to your duel. :P

(I'm not the only one who is starting to consider this faction thing an epic saga, right?)

An interesting argument Mailliw; she conceals her true visage to lure unwitting victims closer to her, before inducting them into her Feathercult.

Truly, she is a most considerate monstress, not to warn her prey of her true identity beforehand.

Edited by Quiver

Psst. "Thou hast" an old sense of proprietary. "Thy" is in the possessive case.  :ph34r:

That will be all. Go back to your duel. :P

*coughs* you=thou, your=thy, you are=thou art, etc. Thou is for parent to child, spouses/significant others or someone you are very close to/familiar with, as well as to indicate that the person is beneath you in rank, so it can be rather insulting. Use it wisely.        :{D *disappears*

Edited by MozytheHealer

*coughs* you=thou, your=thy, you are=thou art, etc. Thou is for parent to child, spouses/significant others or someone you are very close to/familiar with, as well as to indicate that the person is beneath you in rank, so it can be rather insulting. Use it wisely.        :{D *disappears*

I hadn't heard that "thou" rule. How would you refer to an equal or a superior in Ye Olde Speech?

I hadn't heard that "thou" rule. How would you refer to an equal or a superior in Ye Olde Speech?

So, 'you' was originally the plural form of the word. Kings, because they were considered to represent the entire kingdom, were referred to as 'you'(in a similar vein as the royal 'We'). So, that's how that started. Eventually it morphed into 'you' was used for superiors, or anyone you weren't personally familiar with. 'Thou' was used for people that were beneath you, or people you were extremely familiar with. Like, if a man and woman went from saying 'you' to each other to saying 'thou', you knew something was up. ;{D 

Did that make sense?

Edited by MozytheHealer

So, 'you' was originally the plural form of the word. Kings, because they were considered to represent the entire kingdom, were referred to as 'you'(in a similar vein as the royal 'We'). So, that's how that started. Eventually it morphed into 'you' was used for superiors, or anyone you weren't personally familiar with. 'Thou' was used for people that were beneath you, or people you were extremely familiar with. Like, if a man and woman went from saying 'you' to each other to saying 'thou', you knew something was up. ;{D 

Did that make sense?

Yes, that explains a lot! Thanks. Are there any resources you can recommend where I can learn more about this?

Quiver, we all know her true identity, she uses the disguise to make the more squeamish folk more comfortable around her. Unlike your queen, before today, everyone knew what Feather was. No one knew these nasty truths about Elsa until now.

I was about to defend the wonderful Queen, but it appears that the Knave got here first. Upvote for being quicker to the defense.

There be not anything "nasty" about our Queen. She just happens to dislike acquiring steelhearts by any means other than thievery.