AonEne

Doc grabbed a backpack off the floor of the living room and ran out the door. He sucked in some Stormlight and ran to the park. He arrived, pulling a machete out of his bag. Well, it looked like a machete, but it was made from an aluminum alloy his Elsecaller friend had come up with. 

He walked forward slowly, removing a combat knife from his coat and spinning it in his other hand.

"Well well, if it isn't the Photoshop nightmare gang" he said, smiling.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BookishOcelot said:

The woman sidestepped again and laughed, a harsh grating sound. The foolish girl would fall. It was clear she had not trained. Was this humanity’s last hope? A joke. She drew the item out of her pocket and held it in her hand. A grim smile crossed her face as the gem began to swirl with dark violet light.

Shana waited until the woman was turned away, then she attacked herself. Her body moved just as she had practiced and she felt great. She aimed for the chest, but only hit the arm instead, when she got distracted by Leona stumbling. Hastily she covered her friend, neglecting her own to do so.

The woman screamed and stabbed at her, suddenly holding a knife in her free hand. The blade scrapped over the stupid girls (=Shana) ribs, easily drawing blood.

Did you have something in mind for the crystal, ocelot?

@NoiseSpren

@Dr. Dapper

@I think I am here.

@BookishOcelot

Doc ran forward, aglow with Stormlight. He smashed into one of the Voidbringers, scraping his knife accross the red eyed man's face. He kicked the man down but the Voidbringer managed to Slick Doc as he went down. Doc fell on top of him. The voidbringer flipped himself on top of Doc and slapped him openhanded. 

"You're paying for that." Doc grunted, before jamming his machete into the dark man's chest. The Voidbringer bellowed in agony,

"What the hell is that?" 

"You like it? It's aluminum. You won't be healing from this anytime soon." Doc smiled and twisted the blade a bit before stabbing his knife through the Voidbringer's heart.

He stood up, blood splattered all over him.

As hesitantly stepped forward, then Slicked his feet and knees, sliding forward and punching at a Voidbringer’s knee as it passed by, fighting another person. It wheeled around, and Ax slammed a kick into its other knee. He sped away for another one as the thing’s attack whizzed over his head.

Shana heard Leona turn away and concentrated. She attacked the woman again, but she evaded and Shana smiled. A challenge. Dancing to the side she slammed one of her blades against the womans's chest, accepting a blow to her leg. It hurt, but the satisfaction to see the woman bleed, to hear her screaming. Whirling around she stumbled when her leg didn't move as she had planed and with a scream shoved one of the blades right through the woman's chest. Pulling her weapon out again, blood sprayed over her chest, but she ignored it, looked around. Three gone, one left, whoch Ax was fighting.

The crystal fell to the ground and as soon as it touched the earth it started to spread little lines forming, just like groots.

Edited by Sorana

How are we intending to keep this from the general populace? Stormlight battles aren't something that are easily hid...

What if there was something that distracted people, making them ignore or forget when they saw Radiants and Voidbringers?

Oh, and here's my character sheet.

Spoiler

Name: Draug

Radiant Order: Windrunner

Oath level: 3

Backstory: Draug was the oldest of four children. They were orphaned at a young age due to the Voidbringers. Draug protected his younger siblings as they grew up on the streets. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful; one after another, his siblings died. This failure to protect his family is what drove him to become Radiant. He’s been traveling alone since he was 12, getting help and instruction from random people he met along the way. He’s arrived in Seattle recently, hoping to find others like him.

Sorana, what were you thinking that crystal was?

Draug sprinted down the sidewalk, breathing in Stormlight to sustain and warm him.

He'd been wrong about the Voidbringers. They hadn't abandoned him because they thought him dead, or even because they didn't care about him.
They'd just found a better target.
He summoned his Shardblade as he burst onto the scene, hoping he wasn't too late.

Ax tackled the Voidbringer by the legs and started punching it repeatedly in the stomach. He was pretty strong usually, but with stormlight he was better. 

The Voidbringer was, of course, a Lightweaver one. Ax did not like Lightweavers. He kept hitting it, his Investiture resisting being Soulcast, until it was concussed and out of voidlight. “Ha,” Ax muttered, his knuckles screaming. 

You are an idiot, Shamrock said. 

Thank you, Ax said to his spren. 

4 minutes ago, Sorana said:

The crystal fell to the ground and as soon as it touched the earth it started to spread little lines forming, just like groots.

Rob walked over to the crystal and dropped his sword, trying to pick up the crystal in his hands.

Idly he tried cutting the roots it was forming. “What do you think it is?” He asked Cup.

Cup just stared wide-eyed at him and gave off what looked like a shrug.

So, let me get this straight.

We do live in the same house (19-20 Radiants together? That's going to be one Braize of a house to live in), this just started and already there are voidbringers and the house is empty. Got it.

Sorry I'm late, guess I'll jump in now.

Edwin got home later than everyone as always. He liked it that way but the amount of times he found it empty was getting ridiculous, and this was one of those times. Maybe he should start going straight home from time to time so he wouldn't miss these things.

Where could they be this time? The way Twinkle floated around without saying a word told him her thoughts weren't too far away from his.

it's like every time I leave, you guys ramp up posting. Holy storms.

Itiah, added your profile. Bean, yours too.

Eluvi...I can't type your name, ack. Can I call you Eluvi or something? :huh: Anyway, switched you.

You guys are going to roll your eyes at this, but I don't care - I'm shipping Ben and Shana. What a surprise, Ene is shipping. Fight me. Malint too, of course.

As usual, I'm an utter failure. Character profile coming soon.

Sorry, had to pack my stuff and check out. Fyi: starting sunday I'm back to my usual timezone (CET for those who don't know)

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

You guys are going to roll your eyes at this, but I don't care - I'm shipping Ben and Shana. What a surprise, Ene is shipping. Fight me. Malint too, of course.

I never expected you to ship anybody. Ene, what's wrong??? :P

Shana stepped closer and looked at the crystal. Inhaling more stormlight to fuel her body healing slowly. Keeping her weight of her leg, she knelt down. It looked strange, as if it was growing, pulsing slightly in this eerie violett light. She touched it with her finger and hastily pulled her hand back. It'd parked her.

"I have no idea, what it is. Ben could know. He's smart."

I thought a crystal with some kind of twisted progression surge, starting to grow, like a seed. Feel free to add ideas, if you want to. It could influence the ground, or be some kind of power source for the voidbringers. As we use crystal with stormlight, they could use crystals to power their abilities as well. Non canon I know, so feel free to change it. 

@I think I am here.

@Dr. Dapper

@NoiseSpren

@BookishOcelot

@Sherlock Holmes

@xinoehp512

Sry if I forgot someone. Everybody there, feel tagged.

I can't RP for at least a day or so. Sorry. I know this is weird, but I thought it would be cool if we combined all the posts into a google doc with the story so people trying to jump in can understand where the story is headed. Also, we could include detailed worldbuilding, character sheets, rules, etc. That way anyone trying to join can read the doc without having to scroll through a bazillion posts of us getting our act together. Just a thought. 

I've actually been thinking of doing that - plus editing the grammar - Ocelot, as I've done it before for other roleplays. (I swear I'm not just stealing your idea!) It works pretty well. The characters, worldbuilding, etc. are in the OP for easy access. ^_^